IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

I finally understand authecre! yay

I think it was M4 Lema... I was pretty stoned lying in bed last night and this is otherworldly! this music doesn't flow vertically or horizontally, this is a teseract alien beign... it's there, morphing eternally... the setting was perfect, this kind of music is not to be skimmed trough just like I used to do... very excited about going trough their music discography... only album I used to listen back in the day was Incunabula and their style's been changing a lot since then...

Edited by cruising for burgers
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, luke viia said:

just gonna add how weird it is to watch people walk past the man I described as if he doesn't exist, like literally just not even noticing. that said, I didn't approach him either; I don't think there was anything I could do to help this guy, he was truly in his own world, so I kinda get it.

Most people are afraid they will confront them with the crazies and then what. Or that they get aggressive.

Atleast i am i don't want to get beat up by a guy who thinks he is a motorcycle.

Edited by Wunderbar

9 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

i don't want to get beat up by a guy who thinks he is a motorcycle.

lol

I think he was sleepwalking actually, and he was withered and old, motor beast or not.

would have been an easy fight to win, basically just one move: 

I have been making music for  a while yet i have never actually made anything i think is good. I find it really weird how making music leaves me frustrated and it takes a lot out of me yet i keep going back to it ?

Anyone else like this ?

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

I have been making music for  a while yet i have never actually made anything i think is good. I find it really weird how making music leaves me frustrated and it takes a lot out of me yet i keep going back to it ?

Anyone else like this ?

been there done that... same words, fucking frustration... can see everything in my head but to put it on paper never fuckin' mind... I stopped going back to it... it wasn't doing me any good... still can't make peace with myself... one thing that saved me was starting to listen to a lot of non-electronic music...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

Anyone else like this ?

I've technically been doing the same on and off for about the last quarter-century. I think my latest stuff from the last two years has been overall satisfactory, but I'm not nearly as prolific as I used to be. I guess the motivation just isn't there lately.

Maybe it's the realization that there's no way I can make a viable career out of it this day in age, despite the experience. Had I started in like the late 80s or early 90s like some of the legendary Warp artists did with whom we're all familiar, that'd be a different story.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Anyone else like this ?

Maybe try to focus on the things you like about making music and try not to be too critical about the end product. Or look at the end product and try to narrow on the things you like about it and refine those aspects. 

Agreed that it can be frustrating at times and you can't plan out a good session. Often times my best ideas come when I just have 30 min and I write some stuff down. But sometimes when I have 2 hours, nothing comes of it and I have to throw in the towel. 

Idk, I'm dealing with similar things and haven't been motivated lately to make stuff

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Anyone else like this ?

should probably ask yourself - what are you hoping to get out of this? like is the goal to create a track? or have fun with it as a hobby? p sure everyone on here that has tinkered with creating sounds has gone through the same frustrations you're talking about. I sure did a long time ago and gave up. sold /gave away all of it. a few years ago I decided to get back in, but this time with no expectations of creating a track, making an ep/album. just playing music for the fun of it as a hobby. because that's how it all started in the first place. jamming with friends in garages playing Metallica and Pearl Jam covers...maybe try not to always record every thing and just let it flow? I do a few 10-30 min jams throughout the day and am good. creativity outlet or something. but hey that's just my take on it. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

Anyone else like this ?

I really like the quotes by Rick Rubin. He recently said that music is not done for the fans or for yourself but more as a gift to what ever supernatural being or thing you believe in. Also that music is more about magic and supernatural things than anything rational. 

i really like that way of thinking. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, o00o said:

I really like the quotes by Rick Rubin. He recently said that music is not done for the fans or for yourself but more as a gift to what ever supernatural being or thing you believe in. Also that music is more about magic and supernatural things than anything rational. 

"And i would like to able to continue

To let what is inside of me

Which is, which comes from all the music that i hear

I would like for that to come out

And it's like, it's not really me that's coming

The music's coming through me"

Never looked up who said it, but DJ Shadow sampled them

• Like 1

6 hours ago, o00o said:

I recently picked up Rick Rubin’s book, The Creative Act. I’m looking forward to reading it. 

Even though he lost it was cool to see Eubank being cheered to the sky at Wimbledon. Refreshing to know that offline and in reality we don’t live in such a twisted, racist epidemic society the fascist woke CUNTS online would have you believe. It was a great match  ?

Edited by beerwolf

Nice to see The Sun taking the moral high ground about paying 17 year old money to get naked. Oh hang on a minute, that was the paper that had a countdown for The Voice Of An Angels 16th birthday so she was legal to get fucked. And paid 16 year old girls to get their tits out on page 3. From a completely different end of the spectrum but equally another massive bunch of CUNTS.

Edited by beerwolf

12 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Nice to see The Sun taking the moral high ground about paying 17 year old girl money to get naked. Oh hang on a minute, that was the paper that had a countdown for The Voice Of An Angels 16th birthday so she was legal to get fucked. And paid 16 year old girls to get their tits out on page 3. From a completely different end of the spectrum but equally another massive bunch of CUNTS.

oh the irony

image.jpeg.61043e46cc8cb6a810b38698719ec366.jpeg

Edited by Shimon_Shimon

51 minutes ago, Shimon_Shimon said:

oh the irony

image.jpeg.61043e46cc8cb6a810b38698719ec366.jpeg

Hah! Classic. Brass Eye also being twisted up as ‘sick’. Fucking holier than thou tabloid scum.

Edited by beerwolf

So I've always been kind of fascinated with James' Song from Twin Peaks Season 2, ecause it manages to be one of the most dry-funny moments in the whole series and also the point where it completely bottomed out and became unwatchable.  But I never noticed that it's also a complete ripoff of Love Hurts by Heart, and that makes it even funnier.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

So I've always been kind of fascinated with James' Song from Twin Peaks Season 2, ecause it manages to be one of the most dry-funny moments in the whole series and also the point where it completely bottomed out and became unwatchable.  But I never noticed that it's also a complete ripoff of Love Hurts by Heart, and that makes it even funnier.

James has always been cool.

• Farnsworth 1