IGNORED

Best Session 1 track?

thehauntingsoul

Best Session 1 track?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Which one gives you the biggest chub?

• t1a1
    • bqbqbq
    • debris_funk
    • l3 ctrl
    • carefree counter dronal
    • north spiral
    • gonk steady one
    • four of seven
    • 32a_reflected

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course this is subject to change but i'm goin with l3 ctrl atm. massive track!

more top tier: bq, debris and four of seven.

upper mid: gonk, t1 and 32a.

north is cool but kinda missing something... will probably grow.

carefree: works well enough as an interlude, still probably the one i could live best without atm.

North Spiral got me. While I was listening to the net radio session, when this song came on, I almost woke my (non-Autechre fan of a) gf up to make her listen to it... It's SO FUCKING good.. That percussive synth type sound that gradually comes in during the first 1/3 of the song... Holy shit... No really... HOLY. FUCKING. SHIT....

My brain was melting. =D

welcome back THS!

Ayyyy

this is dumdum and too early

steady gonker

four of seven

are the immediate favs

I want to hear four seven at a party

It's probably too early yeah, but on the other hand this is probably one of the most easily digestible Ae releases yet, at least on first impression.

worst one for me personally is four of seven, it's just too rigid and dancey. not a great track in my opinion. I'm not that much into bqbqbq either because it's mostly just rhythmical patterns that change while the sounds used dont't change much. it's an interesting musical idea but not worth 11 minutes. so these two are the weakest ones in my perception at the moment.

best one is harder, maybe l3 ctrl but can't really tell. they're all beautiful in their own way. gonk steady one  is one delicious pusi

worst one for me personally is four of seven, it's just too rigid and dancey. not a great track in my opinion. I'm not that much into bqbqbq either because it's mostly just rhythmical patterns that change while the sounds used dont't change much. it's an interesting musical idea but not worth 11 minutes. so these two are the weakest ones in my perception at the moment.

best one is harder, maybe l3 ctrl but can't really tell. they're all beautiful in their own way. gonk steady one  is one delicious pusi

Your youth is showing

I had to vote 32a_reflected, but I'm amazed that carefree counter dronal doesn't have any votes.  I think it's absolutely stunning.  

i almost did vote for dronal, but bqbqbq hacked me brain 

my (non-Autechre fan of a) gf

divorce
I have a feeling that if everyone here divorced or broke up with partners that didn't like Autechre, cheeseburger's Testosterone thread would be 800 pages long right now...

Your youth is showing

Hope you don't consider this as a bad thing. I'm glad I could keep my youth for so many years

my (non-Autechre fan of a) gf

divorce
I have a feeling that if everyone here divorced or broke up with partners that didn't like Autechre, cheeseburger's Testosterone thread would be 800 pages long right now...

lolol

Am one of the lucky ones I think. Me and waifu have the same taste in music. Very grateful for that.

So far, fav track is north spiral. Going to take repeat listens for me though. I few of the tracks were a bit meander-y for my tastes but kept my attention much more so than else-q.

so, 13 ctrl contains in itself the percussions of Spth (elseq5), which are transformed into an organic farnetication like Dilankex (oberman remix) following a plastic development at the height of Untilted, and the timbre halfway between Space How V and Mesh Cinereal, but with an epic crescendo of melodious intensity. Difficult not to award the first prize to 13 Ctrl: easily the most archetypical autechrish journey.

Carefree Counter Dronal is a sublime flight, an ethereal consequence of this passage from AE_LIVE.

Four Of Seven is beautiful not only intrinsically, but also thanks to the position it occupies: after the twenty minutes of Gonk Steady One (far too much: I like the melancholy of flute, but twenty minutes are very very very very very too much),

Four Of Seven is a sudden opening , and is colored with a psychedelic cathartic beauty. The piece, however, becomes really interesting after four minutes, when minimal counterpoints intervene, directed by a Steve Reich on Kethamine.

32a_reflect can not be called ugly, but it has something generic, in the scales used, in the variations, that does not necessarily lead me back to Autechre. It could be a nice piece written by someone else (i feel the same for the onesix ending). For now it seems so, then who knows I can not open, making me taste his honey, 

for the other traks I have yet to make a careful judgment, in general, however, this album worries me: I liked it immediately, with great emotional impact, but routinely an album of Robrwn und Sumbth start to like (and obsess) only after I has been shitting for sixteen months: the necessary requirement that can guarantee me the long life is the initial rejection. Here I like everything too quickly.  :shrug:

so, 13 ctrl contains in itself the percussions of Spth (elseq5), which are transformed into an organic farnetication like Dilankex (oberman remix) following a plastic development at the height of Untilted, and the timbre halfway between Space How V and Mesh Cinereal, but with an epic crescendo of melodious intensity. Difficult not to award the first prize to 13 Ctrl: easily the most archetypical autechrish journey.

Carefree Counter Dronal is a sublime flight, an ethereal consequence of this passage from AE_LIVE.

Four Of Seven is beautiful not only intrinsically, but also thanks to the position it occupies: after the twenty minutes of Gonk Steady One (far too much: I like the melancholy of flute, but twenty minutes are very very very very very too much),

Four Of Seven is a sudden opening , and is colored with a psychedelic cathartic beauty. The piece, however, becomes really interesting after four minutes, when minimal counterpoints intervene, directed by a Steve Reich on Kethamine.

32a_reflect can not be called ugly, but it has something generic, in the scales used, in the variations, that does not necessarily lead me back to Autechre. It could be a nice piece written by someone else (i feel the same for the onesix ending). For now it seems so, then who knows I can not open, making me taste his honey, 

for the other traks I have yet to make a careful judgment, in general, however, this album worries me: I liked it immediately, with great emotional impact, but routinely an album of Robrwn und Sumbth start to like (and obsess) only after I has been shitting for sixteen months: the necessary requirement that can guarantee me the long life is the initial rejection. Here I like everything too quickly.  :shrug:

well, I confused the ending of Four Of Seven with the beginning of 32a_reflected, so when I talked about a song that was not very characteristic, I was referring to the appendix of a piece that, in fact, probably ends up liking me a lot.

Leaning towards Gonk Steady 1 at this point, used every one of those 22 minutes majestically. Tracks 7-8 is a strong portion, but I dig them all.

Laughed at how the album hits the "10 minutes left" warning bell and instantly slows pace.

Archived