IGNORED

Mental Illness Megathread

gmanyo

you guys had a mental health thread in 2018? dunno how i missed it.

i might come back later to post about my bipolar and autism, but i'm not sure if i want to share much. social media is something that triggers me - in fact, i remember trashing my reddit account around november 2018 so i guess that's kind of where i was at at the time.

jules i am very, very sorry to hear about your friend. there's a major mental health crisis going on right now but that just sounds like white noise until you think about it - it means tonnes and tonnes of people are suffering, and in need of therapy, without anyone or even themselves knowing.

it's okay to feel bad.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, xox said:

@brian trageskin @cyanobacteria

hey guyz! i'd be great if you could somehow mix suicide, good friday, jordan peterson, gender politics and the disintegration loops in this discussion!

read you all!

thaanx! 

on this good friday hearing the name jordan peterson makes me want to commit suicide because of his lack of respect towards political actions meant to increase rights for people of differing gender identities and listening to the disintegration loops is the only way to calm my mind in this moment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, zero said:

today is world autism awareness day:

https://www.autismspeaks.org/world-autism-awareness-day

we here at watmm, are already so very, very aware 

fuck autismspeaks

all my autistic homies hate autismspeaks

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/02/14/biggest-autism-advocacy-group-is-still-failing-too-many-autistic-people/

• Thanks 1

@cyanobacteria I have zero knowledge about them. I was more surprised at the fact that there is a world autism day in the first place. but then again, seems there's a world something or other day for everything. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cyanobacteria said:

+1 for this, Autism Speaks are cancer. basically they dehumanise autistic people and use marketing tactics to portray autism as a hideous disease.

you know those people who say, "what, you're an adult with autism? i thought only children had autism". you can thank Autism Speaks for that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jules said:

One of my friends and teammates at work took her life on Wednesday. We have a really close team of about 15 and there was not 1 single person that even had a shred of a clue that she was going through anything, let alone something that dark. It’s such a shock and watching the ripple of devastation run through is horrible. Shit is no joke. Take care of each other and be kind. You never ever know what someone is going through...

So sorry to hear that.  Sometimes you don't see it coming, but it's just as bad to see it coming.  My niece died by suicide two years ago, she was only 20.  Super smart, too smart, high anxiety, depression, extremely compulsive behavior.  She attempted a few times before (and immediately regretted it), but the wonderful healthcare/insurance system in the US wouldn't pay for her to stay in the hospital or go for therapy for more than a few days afterward. We'd have to lock up knives/pills in the house until she would pull out of it, but with her compulsive behavior, it would just come flooding back at any moment.

My bother and sister-in-law were $40k in debt from her medical bills after she passed.  Don't know about other countries, but mental health issues are not dealt with well enough in this country.

• Sad 7

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

have you asked to be prescribed antidepressants?

nah they just recommended it enough times for me to be like yeah whatever

7 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

who's they? 

please answer with a joke

if the answer is ''aliens'' then it's the wrong medication! he needs something stronger!

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...

careful of robotrippin! A year ago I was put in a psych ward for 5 weeks cause I went psychotic off dxm. (I was actually taking it for a cough, but it got out of hand). I think I triggered bipolar disorder. Ive been depressed ever since. A whole year of depression. In and out of psych wards for suicidal ideation. I feel brain damaged. Looking into bipolar depression remedies as I used to be unipolar . I used to be stable most of the time just some bouts here and there on standard SSRIS. Not anymore!! . This has been exhausting.

Edited by marf
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3