IGNORED

Lee Gamble - Flush Real Pharynx

auxien

According to him there's three records coming. First one is up for pre-order on Bandcamp. Seems there's an 'animator' credited? Dunno. Track sounds nice.

[bandcamp width=100% height=120 album=1513830339 size=large bgcol=ffffff linkcol=0687f5 tracklist=false artwork=small]

releases February 1, 2019 

Music and direction — Lee Gamble 
Design — Dave Gaskarth 
Animator — Clifford Sage 
Mix Engineer — Paul Richardson 
Mixed at Spitfire Audio, London 
Mastering — Noel Summerville

damn, just noticed the part about there being THREE albums! gamble has the most beautiful sound design of current producer imo. i'm listening to koch rn and it's great.

• 1 month later...

The snake is about seducing people to buy an object,” Gamble says of the record’s timely aesthetic. “Capitalism is snake-like. It’s slippery, movable and at times very beautiful too, but also extremely violent. Part one is like a snake ready to pounce. Part two is the venom.

ughhhhh lol i mean as long as the music sounds good okay but

ugh

https://daily.bandcamp.com/2019/01/28/lee-gamble-interview-2/

I feel like that interview would be better printed as a full conversation or audio interview.. Its all the added text and commentary slipped in that makes it cringeworthy.. the first paragraph they describe him as junglist/sound designer, lol

Lee Gamble, presumably like many of us, is overwhelmed and frustrated. There’s the constant barrage of commercial advertising flashing on his screens, having his data stolen and stored like the rest of us, Brexit tearing apart his home country, and the constant, unavoidable news cycle that’s reminding him of all of it a hundred times a day; He’s frustrated by being confronted with so many problems that it makes it difficult to know where look, who to blame, what to do. During the course of our conversation, the junglist/sound designer speaks with the same exasperated tone used by many troubled working class people as of late.

can't believe someone earnestly wrote this paragraph

still excited about the music though

Edited by Guest

The snake is about seducing people to buy an object,” Gamble says of the record’s timely aesthetic. “Capitalism is snake-like. It’s slippery, movable and at times very beautiful too, but also extremely violent. Part one is like a snake ready to pounce. Part two is the venom.

ugh

lol capitalist snake ok why not ?

edit : hope this will deliver

Edited by D4M0

That Bandcamp piece really isn't that bad.. I've seen much, much worse. And totally cool with Lee's thoughts; kind of lame to fault an artist for providing a conceptual framework in an interview setting. 

Listening to the EP now; sounds dope! Interested to hear how this will morph over the next two. 

Oh yeah I mentioned it in chat but I listened to this first thing this morning but it's kinda terrible. At least not good. Very disappointed. Sorry Lee, you lost this gamble.

i sure thought so. one track was okay-ish, second to last i think, last track that's been up isn't bad, but the stupid jet engines or whatever :cerious: 

another one or two had a good sound or idea but just didn't do anything with them.

may be reading too much into based on the interview but this sounds entirely undercooked to me

i'll maybe revisit later when the other parts come out i guess? if they're any good. lol y'all can have this thread tho i'm over it :P

ugh

The dragon of chaos knits a sweater of wistfulness and sells it to a lobster but a jellyfish of narcissism heeds the wisdom of symbolism and folklore and wins

• 3 weeks later...

Pretty cool release.  Some standout tracks, a bit of filler.  Would definitely be better off without the bmw track.

A few of the tracks I found too noodly, which is odd because the noodling, sprawling qualities of Koch are what made that album so great.  Where in the context of that long album I was happy to drift around for a while, on this release I find myself itching to skip.

Maybe i'll just have to treat it as another sprawling album once all 3 parts come out.

Edited by Marked x 0ne

• 2 years later...

I listened to bits of the earlier  eps when they came out but didn't really grab me at the time...but now this is out as a full album I'm fucking obsessed by it! One of my fav albums this year for sure 

• Like 1