IGNORED

NTS playing SAW2 in its entirety for 25th anniversary

Rubin Farr

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe there will be lost SAW2 tracks that Richard provided them for the new SAW2.5 release

;)

probably just doing it as a communal listening thing. nothing wrong with that, it's nice.

I have to be honest though it contains some of my favourite Aphex cuts I always have the skip button close by as some tracks aren't my cup of tea. So doubt I'll be tuning in. Unless of course I get kidnapped by a psychopath and end up strapped in a chair in his or her basement, and he or she listening to NTS while he or she is deciding which part of my body they are going to cut off and eat first. So hopefully I'll be giving this a miss.

But it's the thought that counts!

Hoof it.

I have to be honest though it contains some of my favourite Aphex cuts I always have the skip button close by as some tracks aren't my cup of tea. So doubt I'll be tuning in. Unless of course I get kidnapped by a psychopath and end up strapped in a chair in his or her basement, and he or she listening to NTS while he or she is deciding which part of my body they are going to cut off and eat first. So fingers crossed I'll be giving this a miss.

Hoof it.

Is that an invitation?

One of the few records I can remember the exact scenario of my first listen. It was a bit wtf, as I was hoping for more saw85 cuts, but all the good aphex records were a bit wtf back then. Lay in my bedroom and listened to the full thing from start to finish on my brother's hand me down Aiwa stereo after school. Was an early 14th birthday present and the only birthday present I can remember from that year.

Reckon my other present would have either been an ms20 that I got in the freeads for 100 quid from mountain ash or a sci pro one that I later swapped for a 101. It's funny how I can remember that album but not the exact hardware. Says a lot for the album.

I have to be honest though it contains some of my favourite Aphex cuts I always have the skip button close by as some tracks aren't my cup of tea. So doubt I'll be tuning in. Unless of course I get kidnapped by a psychopath and end up strapped in a chair in his or her basement, and he or she listening to NTS while he or she is deciding which part of my body they are going to cut off and eat first. So fingers crossed I'll be giving this a miss.

Hoof it.

Is that an invitation?

No! Be off with you! Vamoose!!

Hoof it.

Is that an invitation?

No! Be off with you! Vamoose!!

I got you Lada. I have no basement, though, so we'll have to do it in my living room, which is also my bedroom studio. The real torture will begin when I unexpectedly switch off NTS and fire up my Volca FM. I have no midi controller for it either. 

Press around this album was crazy. I was so fucking excited as I'd bought every NME, melody maker and mixmag for weeks for snippets of hype. Was listening to Steve Beckett's red bull academy the otherday and he was talking about Richards sleep deprivation at the time. Made me smile as I always thought that might have been bullshit.

Track 3 cd 1 too. Remember turning that up feeling like "have that" to my parents. "This is real fucking music". Was like a justification for what I was into wasn't just rebellious noise.

After the first listen I recorded it to tape to listen to in school on my Walkman. Would have jangled I carried so many batteries and tapes back then. Would have been listening to it on the sly hoping no one would ask what I was listening to as I would have been a bit worried they'd think I was even more weird than they already did.

thank god someone is doing something official for this. does warp hate this album?

I think warp is working on the ultimate edition 4 years boxset of the future brown album. Such a classic.

Archived