IGNORED

Ae in C#

ambermonk

In the last two decades there seems to be a recurring trend in the use of certain trax that have a pronounced use of bass synths in lower octave C#. Pretty much starting from EP7 all the way up to NTS.

Here are the trax in particular that come to mind:

ccec
squeller (?)
outpt
vi scose poise
1 1 is (?)
[halfway point in all AE_LIVE sets]
acid mwan idle

Okay, so there's a 12-year gap in between in that list. But maybe I missed one or two.

Anyway, as anyone else noticed this? And if I missed any trax that fit the description above, I encourage you to add them.

As beautiful as the meme is alas the programming language is pronounced 'C-sharp' too:

The name "C sharp" was inspired by the musical notation where a sharp indicates that the written note should be made a semitone higher in pitch.[35] This is similar to the language name of C++, where "++" indicates that a variable should be incremented by 1 after being evaluated. The sharp symbol also resembles a ligature of four "+" symbols (in a two-by-two grid), further implying that the language is an increment of C++

I thought this topic was about someone making Autechre tracks using the C/C++ programming variant

I thought this topic was about someone making Autechre tracks using the C/C++ programming variant

Heh me2 :)

#geekfest

cs.gif

yep, me too and LOL

i think that image depicts an alliance between musicians and programmers in calling it 'C Sharp'.

You're right, saw it as an arm wrestle rather than a 80s action hero bro handshake !

serious response: It's a tribute to early Deftones, Isis and other bands who tune down. Sean told me while we were listening to Mudvayne the other day.

joke response: I figure they don't really "select" a key to work in, especially these days, I'd say they're more likely to just mess around with / generate notes until they find something good to work with. If anything, only 7 tracks in C# is rare, especially compared to nu-metal bands.

• 2 weeks later...

I have no absolute pitch... never noticed anithying like it.

But... there are only twelve notes. It's just a case of probability perhaps...

Well, if you want to get technical, there's ~19,980.

The boys covering Terry Riley would be something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRaa34E8tXQ

it's probably quite easy to write a patch that can generate/compose new figures and phrases for In C. i reckon if Ae had done this in the EP7/confield era it would've sounded amazing. now maybe not so much, in the sense that they're too lazy to think and they have pieces of code to appreciate things for them.

Archived