Soloman Tump

shackleton-tunes-of-negation-new-album-r

Tracklist
01. The World Is A Stage / Reach The Endless Sea  15:41
02. Tundra Erotic  09:47
03. Nowhere Ending Sky  09:15
04. Rückschlag / Rising, Then Resonant  15:38
05. The Time Has Come  11:01

Cosmo Rhythmatic will release Reach The Endless Sea on October 17th, 2019.

Art by the legendary Zeke Clough.

As Tunes Of Negation, Sam Shackleton has collaborated with keyboardist Takumi Motokawa and mallet player Raphael Meinhart on a new album, Reach The Endless Sea. (Heather Leigh also contributes vocals on the first two tracks.)

Sounds decent, quite a hypnotic minimal sound, obviously rooted in live instrumentation due to the collaborators but with key Shackleton dub bass.  5 long form droney tracks

This will be another essential 12" purchase for me, his tracks sound amazing on wax

Awesome! Is this getting digital release though? Be gutted if its vinyl only ?

Edit- Sorry just read the boomkat link all good, is digital 2! When saw this announced earlier on another site i couldn't see any mention of digital so was getting worried! 

• 2 months later...
On 8/17/2019 at 1:03 AM, Richie Sombrero said:

he has really dropped of a cliff since starting making weird vocal prog. 

yeah - still makes really interesting stuff. but has gone from ‘buy on sight’ to ‘maybe i will check it out’ for me. 

If you have found Shacks more recent stuff too weird and prog, there is a fair chance you wont like this! ?

Personally I love it, but having said that would be interested to hear some more dancefloor orientated stuff from him soon, furnace of guts was in that style and was nice to see he can still deliver on that front as well. 

Didn't realise this was a Shaq pseudonym/project.. just ordered the wax and listened. 

Can't really hear the live band sound, just sounds like a continuation of the stuff on Sferic/Behind The Glass. Slightly slower and dronier, Terry Riley vibes on the organs.  Heather Leigh was a good choice for vox. Overall good stuff.

Archived