IGNORED

Shackleton - Departing Like Rivers (Woe To The Septic Heart!)

dcom

This looks and sounds badass.  For all my fellow digital vinyl cyberpunks out there, it would appear that this is out :sorcerer: now!

Oh and what a sassy cocktease putting up 15 ltd white labels too

2 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

This looks and sounds badass.  For all my fellow digital vinyl cyberpunks out there, it would appear that this is out :sorcerer: now!

Oh and what a sassy cocktease putting up 15 ltd white labels too

How do you know how it sounds? I can't find any snippets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eclipsis said:

How do you know how it sounds? I can't find any snippets.

Soz I was just going off the sample track.  I thought the others were listenable but apparently not :cattears:

I also might have to walk back that comment about the album being available for download now, will know for sure when I try to buy it this evening from heimcomputer.  It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

4 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

The Bandcamp page quite clearly says Pre-order.

image.png.e188e7208a49eac51bed698ebcb67d8d.png

Edited by dcom

25 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Soz I was just going off the sample track.  I thought the others were listenable but apparently not :cattears:

I also might have to walk back that comment about the album being available for download now, will know for sure when I try to buy it this evening from heimcomputer.  It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

Oh, it works now! There was no playable track on bandcamp when I wrote the comment. Looks like it was taken "down" for a minute. I even tried refreshing the page then and tried to play the embedded track on various sites but nothing.

• Like 1

Sounds similar to Music For The Quiet Hour/The Drawbar Organ era which I'm VERY pleased with. I kinda lost touch with Shack somewhere mid his vocal composition album series.

It's not unheard of that Bandcamp pre-order releases are fully downloadable by mistake - I've had the chance to do that several times (with other releases than this one) before the release were reset to a minimal subset of preview tracks.

Edited by dcom

34 minutes ago, dcom said:

The Bandcamp page quite clearly says Pre-order.

image.png.e188e7208a49eac51bed698ebcb67d8d.png

7 minutes ago, dcom said:

It's not unheard of that Bandcamp pre-order releases are fully downloadable by mistake - I've had the chance to do that several times (with other releases than this one) before the release were reset to a minimal subset of preview tracks.

It definitely/defiantly did not say pre-order when I first visited this morning.  Reckon they must've fixed the glitch as you suspect.

I was able to snag the album and listened to it earlier. Yes, it is like an updated Drawbar - which is great cause that’s some of my favorite stuff from him.

Really great first impression.

• Like 1

Got sigs turned off so hope this still makes sense. 

I’m still trying to wrap my head around reach the endless sea, this sample track is like a familiar warm bongo bath. Lovely. 

Edited by user

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

I was able to snag the album and listened to it earlier. Yes, it is like an updated Drawbar - which is great cause that’s some of my favorite stuff from him.

Really great first impression.

sounds like the shack i like. so it was up for a minute it seems…

That preview track is immense.  Love how its obviously flowing straight into the next track.  This is gonna be a real trip.

I have a feeling it will be released before September if its already leaked - he writes in the bio its all self released through his Woe! label so he can press the button whenever he likes really.

• 2 months later...

This is out now on bandcamp digital. Was a limited run of vinyl with art print 25 in total but Sam messaged saying it will be in normal shops too via a larger vinyl run. Sounds great to me.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 2