IGNORED

Watmm's Drone Club

Lachesi

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nurse With Wound - Beware the African Mosquito (Blue Lacuna Mix)
NHS interview on ICU noise
Éliane Radigue - Arthesis
Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe - Unknown
Lull - Slow Fall Inward
Biosphere - Gravity Assist
Lull - Travels
Ellen Fullman - Texas Travel Textures (Part 1)
Ellen Fullman - Staggered Stasis/Section 2 (With Santiago Villareal)
Robert Aiki Aubrey Lowe & Ariel Kalma - Miracle Mile

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 3:13 AM, th555 said:

There's the Hypnos forum, and ambientonline.org...

Thanks!  Will investigate...  

Current listening:  https://womentakebackthenoise.bandcamp.com/track/sijo

This track is particularly wicked, and I don't know how to embed individual tracks, but it's a 3CD of women artists doing drone...  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

JLIAT is the project of one James Whitehead, who has been active since he first attended an electronic music workshop at Falmouth School of Art in the 1970s.

Throughout the 80s and 90s, Whitehead created mainly drone pieces, some of which are considered "master works" of the genre.
While he later spent plenty of time making noise music-- sometimes with a somewhat antagonistic approach to conceptual art, and he has even lectured on noise music in an academic setting, Whitehead did return to making longform drone for a spell in the 2010s.

Now featured on NO PART OF IT as a digital release ("name your price"), is an unreleased piece from 2016 titled "January Evening".

https://nopartofit.bandcamp.com/album/january-evening

JLIAT.JPG

• Like 1

On 8/25/2023 at 1:40 AM, no part of it said:

JLIAT is the project of one James Whitehead, who has been active since he first attended an electronic music workshop at Falmouth School of Art in the 1970s.

Throughout the 80s and 90s, Whitehead created mainly drone pieces, some of which are considered "master works" of the genre.
While he later spent plenty of time making noise music-- sometimes with a somewhat antagonistic approach to conceptual art, and he has even lectured on noise music in an academic setting, Whitehead did return to making longform drone for a spell in the 2010s.

Now featured on NO PART OF IT as a digital release ("name your price"), is an unreleased piece from 2016 titled "January Evening".

https://nopartofit.bandcamp.com/album/january-evening

JLIAT.JPG

had a semi-epiphany to this on a few occasions, @droid may know it:

https://www.discogs.com/release/548938-Jliat-The-Nature-Of-Nature

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anyone know of any long form tracks that are more 'happy' drone rather than soundtracks to dark and scary worlds ? Love that kinda thing at time but also like the occasional relaxing break to push in contented feelings into my ears and brain, like a nice quiet walk down the road on a warm autumn afternoon and the sun throws a golden heat and light at everything.

Have an example here (the first 43minutes), not actually sure who the artist is (unless maybe there's an artist called 'Ambient Music') as I don't think it's anything Hildur Guðnadóttir did for the soundtrack:

It's obviously a thin tightrope between 'happy' drone and New-Age (which is a little too cring inducing for me), so I'm looking for something that still has that sort of introspective/melancholy vibe like the above piece.

I always got a chill and cheerful vibe from Basinski's 5th Disintegration Loop. Seems like there is a melancholy undercurrent too, but less pronounced methinks than his more devastating works (like the album Melancholia for instance). Such a nice piece:

• Like 3