IGNORED

Watmm's Drone Club

Lachesi

I've wanted to do this thread for a while. Drone music has many faces, but often hard to find. 

I've never read anything in this forum about it, except for an old thread where the discussion was more focused into explaining the difference between ambient and drone instead of sharing rare and astonishing drone pieces. 

Would be great if this thread turns into a nice thing worthy of his pretentious title!

I'll start showing what I mean with awesome drone music (in different styles)

Classic:

Less classic: 

Avant-garde: 

http://isakedberg.com/Λ.wav  (fucking incredible)

Anyone into this kind of stuff? 

Edited by Lachesi
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

BEFORE NOSTROMO 

NINE PIECES FOR PIANO, GONGS, SHORTWAVE RECEIVER, TAPE LOOPS AND ENTROPIC PROCESSES 

Minutes before the Nostromo crew awakes from hypersleep, each member has a dream.

credits

released October 31, 2015 

BEFORE NOSTROMO is Stephan Mathieu‘s homage to the sound design for Ridley Scott‘s science fiction classic Alien (1979) 

A work commissioned by ZKM | Institute for Music and Acoustics Karlsruhe for their 46.12 channel sound pavillon The Morning Line, presented here as a dedicated stereo mix with an additional coda 

This is so great

• Like 1

I think I got linked to this it vid from here, no idea what thread it was tho

edit: it is drone right? glad to see a thread dedicated to it..

Edited by MIXL2
  • Like 1

Abul Mogard is an obvious choice, but one of my favourite things he's done is hidden away on his soundcloud page from 2012:

Weirdly he lives round the corner from me and I occasionally spot him out and about.  So far resisted the temptation to shout 'great drones mate'. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kakapo said:

Abul Mogard is an obvious choice, but one of my favourite things he's done is hidden away on his soundcloud page from 2012:

Weirdly he lives round the corner from me and I occasionally spot him out and about.  So far resisted the temptation to shout 'great drones mate'. 

This was great, thank you for sharing.

You should definitely (maybe) high five him in the street

• Like 1

24 hours w/Andrew Liles drones

Add the many Colin Potter collaborations over the years, not at home but will have crate dig later

Dublin’s No Place Like Drone collective, 6-8 turntables + a mod-synth rack + guest mixes galore, slainte

https://www.mixcloud.com/noplacelikedrone/stream/

Coil’s Time Machines, sure to cure you of time

Coil have loads, Queens of the Circulating Library in a couple of guises (“Circulating”?)

NWW’s classic, Soliloquy For Lilith 

and a drone heavy Coil-centric mix with an hour plus of drones b4 beats

so much good music in this sound realm, good recommendations from previous posters

• Like 4

Orphax from the Netherlands is consistent as fk, at the intersection of a few different styles/genres. Proper quality control with themes based around local landscapes, soundscapes & everything in between.

https://orphax.bandcamp.com/

Edited by cwmbrancity
Fnnnnnnnnn
  • Like 1