IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

P600 clone is alive! ..And they're calling it P800 due to more voices and stuff. Release date is aimed at January, MSRP $600ish. The OG is one of my dream synths, they better not ruin this. 

FB_IMG_1600415635150.jpg

Edited by chim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, chim said:

P600 clone is alive! ..And they're calling it P800 due to more voices and stuff. Release date is aimed at January, MSRP $600ish. The OG is one of my dream synths, they better not ruin this. 

FB_IMG_1600415635150.jpg

It's a poly?

• 4 weeks later...

I suspect so, the new firmware with the supposed fix still isn't there. When they complete it, I expect the release of the RD9 won't take long, as they wanted to get the firmware right before they put it out

On 10/19/2020 at 7:06 PM, chim said:

That is an insane price point when considering the Korg one is so much more.

I wonder how this might effect sales of each product. Will people still buy the Korg one for whatever reason?

I have some experience with a few of the new Behringer synths - the 808, neutron and Moog clone seem like decent build quality but I was horrified by the tacky plastic quality of the 303 - sound wise they are all decent though IMO 

Although I don’t really lust after mono synths that much these days I do hope they make a load of Buchla clones - a full Skylab system clone for a grand would certainly get me interested ?

The Korg was a limited run and not available anymore, and if it were it's still clearly aimed at another type of buyer.

I'm not really on the lookout for another mono, but it's a damn 2600 and the price is just too good to pass up. I had a tremendous time with an early cracked version of ARP 2600V nearly fifteen years ago, and I remember a profound frustration that the real thing would forever be unobtainable. It's quite a different world now. The TD-3 is indeed plasticy and too much of a gimmick for me to use regularly, but the Pro-1 is a super fun and great sounding synth. I don't expect a flawless 1:1 copy, not even the Korg version is that for some purists, but it's already great sounding in the demos and all those modulation opportunities are incredible. This is very likely going to be a huge seller for B, people online are talking about buying as many as they can afford. I wouldn't trust any pre-order provider so it's going to be hard to snatch one from the first few batches, which might be a good thing incase there are kinks to work out. 

Edited by chim
  • Like 1

I made a decision to stop buying gear and start making music, but I only ended up stopping hoarding gear. This thing is just too tempting, I guess I could sell some stuff to make room. I really want to finger it. Curse you GAS

• Haha 1

The Christmas tree look is horrendous, but it has a dimmer and presumably goes all the way to off.

I usually recommend a fully featured semi-modular as a good starting point for a modular system, and the best for that has arguably been a 2nd hand moog grandmother which can usually be picked up for £600.  This is coming in at a similar price point and it's hard not to recommend it in place of the grandmother, you are getting a lot for your money.  This plus a digital oscillator of choice and sequencing and you've basically got a powerhouse system for about a grand.  Or as an alternative Bitwig/Live plus experts sleepers or equivalent.  Or this plus 2nd hand Analog 4.  Or polyend tracker and a midi to cv.  Lots of very good options for a relatively modest outlay of 1 - 1.2K.

Originally Posted by Behringer FB

RD-8 Firmware 2.0

We are very excited to announce that the new 2.0 firmware is now ready for public release. Not only have we fixed some known bugs, we've also added very cool new features plus the integration into our Synthtool platform for easy updates in the future.

We like to especially thank the many beta testers who tremendously helped with their diligent testing and great feature suggestions, many of which we managed to implement already. The rest will surely come with future firmware releases.

We'll publish the new firmware over the next few days, together with release notes and an updated manual.

Thanks for all your patience and support. The RD-8 has just been reinvented:-

• Like 1

you'd think that sync and midi issues would be a pretty high priority thing to get right before releasing a drum machine, somehow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

I dunno. Within the kind of mindset/framework Behringer seems to operate in as a business it probably makes sense somehow to unleash as many of their products onto the market as possible. They seem to have no vision or ideals (sounds grand but if you borrow everything and only react to what you think the market demands it seems to me you put yourself in a very weak and insecure position) so who the fuck knows what's gonna happen tomorrow? Pump out those boxes before everything collapses.          

Not a dig at anyone buying or using their stuff, I'm in no position to judge anyone. Just some patently drunk rambling.

If nothing else, they've lit fires under the butts of complacent developers. Dave Smith went rather quickly from "I don't do reissues" to putting out two types of Rev4s ("before Uli does it" by his own admission). It's been a rather untapped market for a long time and what it will lead to is anybody's guess. Team B will likely have the capital & guts to come up with more original designs. As for QC doubts, numerous Korg 2600's and aforementioned Rev4's have arrived in lousy conditions, so it's clearly not solely a sub-$1k product issue... 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/24/2020 at 2:01 PM, chim said:

If nothing else, they've lit fires under the butts of complacent developers. Dave Smith went rather quickly from "I don't do reissues" to putting out two types of Rev4s ("before Uli does it" by his own admission). It's been a rather untapped market for a long time and what it will lead to is anybody's guess. Team B will likely have the capital & guts to come up with more original designs. As for QC doubts, numerous Korg 2600's and aforementioned Rev4's have arrived in lousy conditions, so it's clearly not solely a sub-$1k product issue... 

yeah, the tempest is case-in-point. I love it but it has plenty of glitches for a $2k machine.