IGNORED

[New BEHRINGER Products]

YEK

2 hours ago, hijexx said:

Reckon I'll pick up second hand 303 at some point so Uli doesn't get my money. Had the yellow 303 pre-ordered but cancelled it when he started going after Peter Kirn.

yeah, i wish i had seen the whole kirn fiasco before buying my td3..would've absolutely cancelled if it wasnt already set up in my studio. its so disappointing to see that kind of behaviour, playground bullying from a company that should know better after that shit with the pedal a few years back

Just now, yekker said:

Isn't it a moog clone?

No that's the Model D. ? I think the Crave is a clone of the Prophet 5 OSC from what I gather. Sounds pretty tasty for £140 and as much as I dig the TD-3 the palette of sounds is limited. 

7 hours ago, mause said:

yeah, i wish i had seen the whole kirn fiasco before buying my td3..would've absolutely cancelled if it wasnt already set up in my studio. its so disappointing to see that kind of behaviour, playground bullying from a company that should know better after that shit with the pedal a few years back

For me this was definitely the last straw.

Cancelled my td-3 preorder and fell somewhat in love with their pro1 after hearing a demo. And this ub-Xa, ugh, it’s right up my narrow passageway but it just feels wrong now. In a way I’m glad because after spending almost 2 days of reconfiguring and cabling my setup and then another 2 days of being intimidated and dreading the inevitable inexplicable “it was working a couple of days ago, what the fuck is going on?!” moments I finally switched everything back on and had a nice session and realised there’s so much exploring to do with what I have that adding more is just gas and behringer’s offerings no longer being an option makes things slightly more simple in that sense. Obviously more gear will be acquired and I’ll be posting another one of these revelatory statements in a few months time but the list is 1% shorter.

I realise this omission of behringer from the list of companies I buy shit from to fill the emotional void that manifests within my fleshy bag of blood and organs is completely arbitrary and I don’t mean to imply I think it’s wrong to buy Uli’s shit or whatever.  It’s just that this is one of the few places where I can express my consumerist frustration and not be met with a blank stare or bored nod from the other well intentioned meatbag trying to have a shared experience. 

Now let me start furiously googling for ob6 desktop reviews and consider various ways of obtaining this device that is well beyond my financial means as quickly as possible. My member is starting to froth already. 

1 hour ago, TheBro said:

No that's the Model D. ? I think the Crave is a clone of the Prophet 5 OSC from what I gather. Sounds pretty tasty for £140 and as much as I dig the TD-3 the palette of sounds is limited. 

I wouldn't call it a clone, it has the same vco ic as the later prophets, but that chip is in a lot of things, including lots of roland stuff.  It is though a straight rip off of the Moog Mother 32 in terms of functionality, where they're using their own curtis chips where the patent has expired.    I don't know what chip they're using for the filter, but if it's the curtis 3320 which they've also nicked you have the basis of a pro 1 or later pro 5.  IC's can be used by the designer in different ways, and there's a lot that goes into a synth's sound beyond vco/vcf combo, but it'll probably get you some of the way there.   

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, chim said:

Well that came out of leftfield! I'm guessing around the same price as Poly D?

Looks nice eh Chim. Alas I just don't have the funds lol.

20 minutes ago, sheatheman said:

the ios app is probably one of the best sounding synths, real or vst, i have ever used.

2nd this

X-Mod is one of my favorite things about synthesis and the Mono/Poly is one of the most interesting for it.

6 hours ago, chim said:

Well that came out of leftfield! I'm guessing around the same price as Poly D?

Scrap the keyboard though.

9 hours ago, yekker said:

Scrap the keyboard though.

I agree. It'd have been better with a standalone unisex keyboard for people who want the microkorg experience and just make each module hook into it. 

1 hour ago, chim said:

New from FB. Sampler? 

AD2DB8F2-1108-444C-A067-DDC39F3FB3CA.jpeg

Yeah saw this earlier. Looks interesting definitely although I'm interested in something a little more compact.

• 2 months later...
23 minutes ago, psn said:

Probably same price as the 303 clone? 130-ish Euros? 

I would guess so but with individual outs this thing looks like a real beast of a drum machine potentially!!!