IGNORED

Global Communication - 76:14 (Unauthorized 180g Clear Double Vinyl)

Rubin Farr

1500 numbered copies, January 7, 2020.  Sanctuary Records is reissuing the seminal 90s ambient album by GC on 180g double vinyl.  If you didn't grab one in 2005 when they remastered it, now is your chance.  Several stores already sold out with no official announcement yet from the label.

https://www.normanrecords.com/records/73982-global-communication-7614

https://www.hhv.de/shop/en/item/global-communication-76-14-coloured-vinyl-edition-704175

https://www.juno.co.uk/products/global-communication-76-14-reissue/759132-01/

https://www.phonicarecords.com/product/global-communication-7614-lp-coloured-vinyl-pre-order-music-on-vinyl/164951

76.14 - 2020 Clear Vinyl Reissue.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Richie Sombrero said:

This, like Gas, makes no point on vinyl other than speculation. Clearly better on CD. 

Been about a few months since I last heard it - though in my memory some tracks flow together, but others have gaps between them. So was this maybe originally made with these Vinyl splits in mind ?

42 minutes ago, mcbpete said:

Been about a few months since I last heard it - though in my memory some tracks flow together, but others have gaps between them. So was this maybe originally made with these Vinyl splits in mind ?

yeah sorta... doesn't really apply here however as it was meant for CD

I’ve read on Facebook this is an unofficial repress by Sony Music from the CD masters. This news came from Scanner who said he’d spoken with Tom and Mark and they are gutted as they are planning a proper remaster and reissue in 2020. 

Shitty move by Sony, I only read this after I ordered a copy myself 

BDE911E4-B10A-4D6C-B144-3CFC9C40D9BC.jpeg

2FD4E8EB-699E-4163-BC48-EE33F6D60918.jpeg

18 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Oof. Probably installs a rootkit on your turntable too

Any chance you can cancel the order ?️ ?

Well it’s certainly put me off, will look into cancelling. Especially if Tom and Mark are gonna do the reissue thing 

12 minutes ago, species8472 said:

thought this was being reissued by sanctuary / music on vinyl?

Sanctuary are owned by Sony I think

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

The LP version has 0 54 moved back a couple of places which doesn't work at all as it's basically a segue between 7 39 and 8 07, messes up the flow. 

But yeah, I don't really get the idea of listening to an album like this on vinyl. Even with a few splits between tracks it's very much a single listening experience.

Just tried rearranging the tracks to keep within the 22min/side limit and being less destructive with the flow - but I definitely think that's probably the best they could've done given the material. Still, I've already 2 versions of this on CD so a third purchase might be a bit excessive !

EDIT: Oh definitely not in this case:

1 hour ago, BUNKUM said:

BDE911E4-B10A-4D6C-B144-3CFC9C40D9BC.jpeg

2 hours ago, mcbpete said:

Just tried rearranging the tracks to keep within the 22min/side limit and being less destructive with the flow - but I definitely think that's probably the best they could've done given the material. Still, I've already 2 versions of this on CD so a third purchase might be a bit excessive !

EDIT: Oh definitely not in this case:

lol, I have the original CD, 3 copies of the reissued CD (in case of apocalypse), but didn't grab the reissued vinyl from 2005.  Honestly, I'll keep this Sony one for the gatefold sleeve, and if Tom & Mark's version ever materializes, put it in the gatefold.  (Unless their packaging is better)

On 12/11/2019 at 8:14 AM, Richie Sombrero said:

This, like Gas, makes no point on vinyl other than speculation. Clearly better on CD. 

I came here to bitch about the same thing. I don't care for ambient (or any kind of quiet music for that matter) on vinyl in general though. I like my music clean, get too triggered by cracks, pops and surface noise.

Archived