IGNORED

Grischa Lichtenberger - kamilhan (il y a péril en la demeure)

ignatius

he posted the artwork on facebook. album out May 8th on Raster.. 

94993868_10220598644009924_6444894595707

94978923_10220598643929922_8068258582803

edit: some more clips on the forced exposure listing. 

https://www.forcedexposure.com/Catalog/lichtenberger-grischa-kamilhan-il-y-a-peril-en-la-demeure-cd/R.M.171CD.html?fbclid=IwAR0bYKIcpMWRlRKUPFYgrri33lllK5Maa-vNgvp8sg_Uhk0rZ9KmZA3HQAw

Wow, man Grischa is really evolving his sound. syn resr is amazing! Can't wait to hear the full album.

looks like the vinyl is pushed back to the end of the month as is to be expected in these times of pandemic. but if the presentation is anything like the spielraum 3LP it should be well worth the wait!

Yeah this is great work as anticipated! Not as dense as some of his previous recordings, not that it lacks substance, but just thats it's more accessible. Makes sense as this is the culmination of a 5-part cycle of work which began with La Demeure.   

finally having a listen. really liking it. it's broken alien squishiness appeals to me. lush and emotional at times too. deep. can something be brittle  yet relaxing? apparently so... nice layers. 

nice work. nice sounds. the wooden side stick coming and going is a trademark in all his releases. 

It's great to hear an artist whose music tends to be more cold and clinical put his voice out there a bit and shift away from being someone who just makes glitchy beats. I don't mean his actual voice; but this off kilter transhuman singing he uses in the tracks I often find quite striking. It almost relies on your awareness of the vocal abilility to summon emotion, even when there are no words to be found.

I really rate this album. I doubt it will convert any outsiders to Grischa's work but as a continued development of one mans body of work I think it's an absolute success.

The way the vocals are processed on this reminds me of something and I just can't put my finger on it. At first I thought Seefeel 2010 stuff but that's not it. Shit, help me with that someone. Like for example 'syn resr', I've heard something very similar somewhere.

this was decent on first listen, a few of the tracks were a little too same-y for me...maybe just first impressions i guess tho, definitely felt worth giving another spin or two at the very least

This feels a bit like some of Kangding Ray's stuff, no? I like his music but I need to be in a certain mood to be able to enjoy it.

Anyway digging this album.

• 3 weeks later...

listened to this a bunch when it first came out then put it down fo ra minute.. listened this morning.. damn it's good. 

such a nice listen and fits 'the now' really well for me. 

Archived