IGNORED

Comic Books / Graphic Novels thread

Rubin Farr

ohhhh that's a good question.

i'd start with the chopper storylines which directly lead into the judge child/judgement day stories - and eventually 'necropolis'. as an aside read the 'dead man'.

About to finish the run of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing tonight, I'm kinda sad it's the end, it's been a great read. Are the other renditions of Swamp Thing any good?

Black Orchid is the female companion book to ST, by Neil Gaiman, she crossed over regularly with Swampy & John Constantine in her short run.

About to finish the run of Alan Moore's Swamp Thing tonight, I'm kinda sad it's the end, it's been a great read. Are the other renditions of Swamp Thing any good?

Alan Moore's main artist takes over writing duties for a while, and manages to maintain a similarly psychedelic tone. I've read complaints about his run, but don't remember having huge problems with it myself

After that some lady takes a crack at it & turns it into a lighthearted family drama. Still fun if you're invested in the cast, but idunno

Mark Millar (and Grant Morrison) then proceeds to destroy violently destroy everything, but eventually gives a satisfying conclusion to the character

Volume 3 & 4 are crap

I was following the latest run for a bit and it...it's okay, but it's definitely got more of a standard comic book vibe to it. Attempting to marry Animal Man's mythos to itself is a nice idea tho

where to start with 2000 AD/Dredd?

I recently started travelling down the same road and just finished Judge Dredd Casefiles 2, it's good fun, now onto Slaine: Warrior's Dawn and the first Strontium Dog.

Guest bitroast

After Dec 31, all Darkhorse Star Wars comics will be deleted forever, no reprints, no digitals. Just the 2nd hand market. Read up!

GODDDD!!!! :catrage::catrage:

DAMNITTT!!!! :catrage::catrage:

Ordered Star Wars Dark Empire from amazon months back when it was appearing as IN STOCK and available to buy from standard amazon stock along with few other comics.

Takes while but order finally goes through saying comics will be shipped but still taking time getting Star Wars.

Few months later get email saying Star Wars is actually NOT in stock and they can't get it in anymore, and if I would like to keep order open to keep trying or cancel.

So I cancel and order from someone else on amazon, and few days later get email saying Oh sorry nope, not actually in stock.

And now it's selling for 100+ dollars ???? http://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Empire-Trilogy-Horse/dp/1595826122/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1418936077&sr=8-1&keywords=star+wars+dark+empire

fuck everything, man. I just want the watercolour star wars comic >:(

:cry:

Guest bitroast

I'll sell you my complete single issues collection for your firstborn child.

deal (but you're paying shipping. babies are heavy).

yes, I found myself wanting the next instalment as soon as I finished the last one.

edit: there's also Transmetropolitan which is a little bit dated (as cyberpunk generally is now) but still great.

Edited by usagi

anything fictional? i like sci-fi/horror/weirdness mainly

Check out Mind MGMT: http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/19-013/Mind-MGMT-1-Matt-Kindt-cover

Grant Morrison's new series Annihilator is also good so far: http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comics/annihilator-frazer-irving-crafts-l-a-dreamscape-for-hollywood-tale/#/3

Edited by doublename

anything fictional? i like sci-fi/horror/weirdness mainly

I'm a huge fan of Jeff Lemire's stuff.

Essex Country (weird)

Underwater Welder (weird horror)

Trillium (weird sci-fi)

Sweet Tooth (wierd sci-fi horror)

Oh word I just realized he did the fill ins on Sweet Tooth haha. Yeah Mind MGMT looks pretty cool.

I'm really want to start Annihilator. I've been trying to go through Morrison's headcannon (done Animal Man, Doom Patrol and on Invisibles), but I think I'm just gonna jump ahead and read that. Multiversity has been great as well. I like each new issue even more than the last.

thanks for the suggestions, hadnt heard of lemire before! 'weird sci fi horror' is probably my favourite genre ever

and always liked me some morrison, hadnt heard of annihilator either

Edited by lala

Just caught up with the new 52 animal man, gutted its finished. Easily the best DC title about (that I have read). Finished on a high though so I'm happy about that.

Yeah I was sobbing like a small child while reading AM #29. Probably one of my all time favourite single issues though.

Edited by rddm