IGNORED

Disney buys Lucasfilm

Rubin Farr

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I bought that too, and even bought a very fancy Saitek controller to use with it (and other flight sims like Longbow) but could never get it to work right. It sat on my shelf and gathered dust.

Some of the missions in X-wing and TIE Fighter are still in my memory, saving the Korolev in X-wing and the mission in TIE Fighter where you were to protect two shuttles doing a rendezvous, but some bug made the other shuttle never show up and thus impossible to complete, I don't remember how that was solved though.

silly in retrospect

dude I've never seen that, looks fucking sweet!

I used to play the shit out of the Star Wars arcade game in MAME and I remember playing the original as a kid in an amusement park. I also have memories of the C64 version.

The original does not have a regular CRT pixel display but instead a vector display. That also enables the emulator scale up the graphics to any resolution.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

my god so they're doing another 'kid turns to the darkside for absolutely no rational reason' story line. sounds horrid. I really hope this isn't the plot

lucatine.jpg

I think Abrams realizes if he goes against the Expanded Universe, the backlash could be bigger than his Khan bullshit. Plus it was written from Lucas's outline, so I hope it all gels with established canon.

from what i understand, aren't there far more interesting stories that don't seem like a redux of the original trilogy in the expanded universe? It's funny that there hasn't been a backlash already if that was the case, since he openly has stated that it will not take into account the expanded universe and that these are totally new stories

I guess i'm ok with the concept of someone turning to the dark side, but if George Lucas is the one who wrote the story outline I can't imagine it being good. He already had 3 movies to show someone turning to the dark side and it made absolutely no logical sense. His bizarre rationale that Padme was going to die in child birth and Annakin wanted to learn how to bring her back to life so he turned 'dark' was just so fucking badly written I couldn't believe it. When he went from just a guy who was having troubling psychic visions of his wife dying to a guy who murdered children it was a giant logical leap that was never explained. His killing of the sand people was perhaps the only 'well done' moment showing his transformation, but beyond that It was horrendous.

so has it been confirmed that Lucas is moving forward on that really boring expanded universe story about Han Solo's kids? It sounds absolutely awful, i hope it's not true. I'd almost rather have that dumb fan fiction wet dream Boba Fet solo movie than something anywhere close to that plot description

Grimy crime thriller in space with bounty hunters and prince xisor looming over everything. Anything but Jedi and the force. So boring. Don't shoot your wad after the first film. Slow, meditative build up.

• 1 month later...

Hmm Ryan Gosling in the running to pay the new Skywalker? It's better than some Disneyfied teen tv star.

Kavinsky soundtrack for the opening crawl?!

they should just do a star wars movie that is essentially a silent film or Wall-E like taking place on the droid-planet junkyard concept that got cut from Revenge of the Sith. Id probably enjoy it more than anything having to do with the star wars characters at this point. It should start with another droid just beating R2D2 to death while C3PO runs away in fear, and then the droid who just destroyed R2 chases down C3PO for the rest of the movie, it will be like Lord of the Flies starring C3PO on a barren planet of insane droids

Archived