IGNORED

Scott Walker and Sunn O))) - Soused

kaini

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only knew Scott Walker because of Norwegian band Virus, who are heavily influenced by him (like "Cossacks Are"). The bassist told me to just buy every Scott Walker / Walker Brothers album, but I never bothered to check it out... Listening to Scott 3 now and it sounds beautiful.

Sunn O))) sure know how to keep the project fresh and interesting. I hope it'll be more impressive then Terrestrials anyway (a bit underwhelming). If it's anything like the Julian Cope track then it's already brilliant.

now you need to get the 'black period' stuff, like the drift. it's... different to the sixties stuff :)

you'll like it, jan.

i await the alco review

if this doesn't scare you, you're already fucked

when i listen to scott, i hear a man in the fetal positon shouting into utter blackness. utterly futile.

but he likes to throw ya. like this one. fucking beautiful.

or this, which ended up on the closing credits of a james bond movie (!)

http://thequietus.com/articles/14943-stephen-o-malley-aluk-todolo-interview

"We started working on a record this year – we did a big, big session in London in January. I can't talk about the specifics of it yet but it's a really special project. It's almost finished actually, it's being mixed in the next couple of weeks. We'll probably announce it before the summer. It's really exciting – you'll understand once you hear the announcement." More laughter ensues.

This guy seems ever so slightly up his own ass.

The Altar album is fucking cool (with Boris), mmmm the rest of what I've heard isn't as Godly as everyone seems to make out. Monoliths and Dimensions was just.....I can't be arsed to rant. You get the gist. Just my opinion.

now you need to get the 'black period' stuff, like the drift. it's... different to the sixties stuff :)

you'll like it, jan.

Cheers :) I only knew the track "Cossacks Are" from the Drift which I really like (since I really like Virus and they are pretty much like that track). Just saw the BBC documentary about him which was well worth watching. I was especially drawn by the tracks from his 80's album (Tilt).

I'll check it all eventually, not really something to play all the time so it might take a while :)

This guy seems ever so slightly up his own ass.

The Altar album is fucking cool (with Boris), mmmm the rest of what I've heard isn't as Godly as everyone seems to make out. Monoliths and Dimensions was just.....I can't be arsed to rant. You get the gist. Just my opinion.

Did you see Sunn O))) live? I figure that part of the project is more important then home listening, although Monoliths & Dimensions (together with the White album) has been completely rinsed at home and early morning commuting for years.

This guy seems ever so slightly up his own ass

+ stephen o'malley

they should be banned from committing to vinyl.

copius amounts of self indulgent pointlessness, but hey they have their followers who pretend to get it... yet theres nothing to get.

Archived