IGNORED

Falling in love with Analord

Guest LoveRhino

Where's your girlfriend is a very good track but I have never really been able to sink my teeth into it properly either.
Besides the clear masterpieces like Phonatacid and co', I found Halibut acid (original mix bonus track) and flutternozzle are recent favourites that I didn't pay much attention too previously but that blow me away now.

Edited by Mammal

Guest Roksen Creek

Chosen Lords is a great comp! It captures quite well the whole Analord feeling in general. Yes, it lacks a few great tracks like VBS.Redlof.B, Lisbon acid, Homemade Polysynth or I’m Self Employed but IMO the key tracks can be found from the said release. I usually tend to pass digital releases but purchased the Analord series from Rephlex.com. I also own the Russian pirate 3CD version which I traded for some old Coil discs which were just laying around without much play. On a side note I can’t understand why Where’s Your Girlfriend gets so much praise. I find it somewhat mediocre track. :unsure:

Anyway volumes 4 and 7 are my favorites.

I find it interesting that you call Homemade Polysynth and I'm Self Employed great but Where's My Girlfriend mediocre because I always kind of lumped those tracks together as being thematically similar along with klopjob and Crying in Your Face. They all have a very plaintive, reflective, personal feel to them with strong melodies. Kind of like robots singing away their troubles.

If I were to make a "Plaintive Lords" collection they would all be there.

Chosen Lords is a great comp! It captures quite well the whole Analord feeling in general. Yes, it lacks a few great tracks like VBS.Redlof.B, Lisbon acid, Homemade Polysynth or I’m Self Employed but IMO the key tracks can be found from the said release. I usually tend to pass digital releases but purchased the Analord series from Rephlex.com. I also own the Russian pirate 3CD version which I traded for some old Coil discs which were just laying around without much play. On a side note I can’t understand why Where’s Your Girlfriend gets so much praise. I find it somewhat mediocre track. :unsure:

Anyway volumes 4 and 7 are my favorites.

I find it interesting that you call Homemade Polysynth and I'm Self Employed great but Where's My Girlfriend mediocre because I always kind of lumped those tracks together as being thematically similar along with klopjob and Crying in Your Face. They all have a very plaintive, reflective, personal feel to them with strong melodies. Kind of like robots singing away their troubles.

If I were to make a "Plaintive Lords" collection they would all be there.

LOL, I too think that all those three have the same vibe and could be lumped together (nicked your phrase here) but yet for some odd reason I don't find WYG as good as the two other ones. I don't hate it but it just doesn't click. Then again I didn't like I'm Self Employed when I first heard it but I love it now. I guess though that I won't ever fully get Where's your girlfriend since I've listened to it as many times as the other tracks and it still doesn't make any wonders.

On a side note I can’t understand why Where’s Your Girlfriend gets so much praise. I find it somewhat mediocre track. :unsure:

Dude, listen to Where's Your Girlfriend (Another Version) followed up straight away by the original version.

B-b-b-but what if I still didn't love it and it turns out that I'm not a real fanboy. You know my whole life being over and that shit :ohmy:

ahhh this thread takes me back, I love anal lord.

about the out of tune synths (which richard commented on under pseudonym on another board, maybe on planet mu?), a good example is the start of "home made polysynth, e.g., the top notes of the initial chords are too high:

i can't listen to this

[youtubehd]zXJqcJZzuYw[/youtubehd]

without thinking of this

[youtubehd]Rz06TMqwv6Q[/youtubehd]

or wanting to listen to this

i can't listen to this

[youtubehd]zXJqcJZzuYw[/youtubehd]

without thinking of this

or wanting to listen to this

Cilonen is pretty awesome, but I have to say this mashup works incredibly well. This is now the definitive version of the track.

"what has gotten into you lately"

lolol come on man...

dude, this avatar is CA$h and you know it delet...

don't worry ill find a sick anime episode that i can snag a new avatar from in a fortnight

wasn't walking about your avatar broski. ;-p I hardly notice that it's there.

i was gonna say man... you hurt my feelings a little when you said the green was clashing... </3

Guest mrgerbik

Analord is the shit. love the whole series... recorded each record to my computer for digital listening (back before rephlex put it up for download).

favs:

Where's Your Girlfriend?

Analord 158b

Crying in Your Face

Flutternozzle

Reunion 2

Cilonen

Snivel Chew (Stereo Version)

I'm Self Employed

Lisbon Acid

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D

W32.Deadcode.A

ALL TRACKS from Analord 9 & 10

W32.Mydoom.AU@mm

VBS.Redlof.B

3 Notes Con

• 4 years later...

Exactly. The other one is Roland SH7.

Other gear on the records are:

Roland MC4 on Analord 1,

Synton Fenix on Analord 2,

EML Electrocomp 400 on Analord 9,

Synton Fenix III on Analord 10 (not 100% sure on this)

OSCar is awesome, check out this Bochum Welt track if you haven't

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 12/16/2018 at 6:42 AM, Ginerpri said:

Exactly. The other one is Roland SH7.

Other gear on the records are:

Roland MC4 on Analord 1,

Synton Fenix on Analord 2,

EML Electrocomp 400 on Analord 9,

Synton Fenix III on Analord 10 (not 100% sure on this)

OSCar is awesome, check out this Bochum Welt track if you haven't

Is that all OSCar, or is it just the background melody? Fucking lush song nonetheless!