Falling in love with Analord

Guest LoveRhino

11 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

What's wrong with Crying in Your Face ?

Nothing

I was surprised that was the ONLY song he really liked from

:aphexsign:

• 7 months later...

Phonatacid is a masterpiece, such a classic track!

It's like surfing on a deep wave of analogue sound in slow motion. Tune.

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am a big Aphex Twin fan, he's basically my favorite artist of all time and he has been for years and years now. There is just one project I for some reason have never listened to. It's analord. I don't know why.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, thumbass said:

I am a big Aphex Twin fan, he's basically my favorite artist of all time and he has been for years and years now. There is just one project I for some reason have never listened to. It's analord. I don't know why.

each song is an alien prism. you may not be wowed by them all at first, but they will change over time. if you follow the right path in life then you will be initiated into each song, separately. also if you don't follow the right path in life.

report back your findings.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

Wow, that made me Smile

You're in for an Awesome Journey

Enjoy

Rave

&

Have Fun:)

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

On 7/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, diatoms said:

Does anyone else listen in order

Aphex Twin Analord 10

then

AFX Analord 1-9,11

because that's the order of release date?

of course follow up the end of Analord with Love 7

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, very honest said:

each song is an alien prism. you may not be wowed be them all at first, but they will change over time. if you follow the right path in life then you will be initiated into each song, separately. also if you don't follow the right path in life.

report back your findings.

Now that made me Smile

again:)

Awesome Thoughts very honest:)

• Burger 1

I listened to them In some capacity everyday for the last couple of years. Always something new to be heard. The mixes sit in a perfect balance. Never too bassy, midrange on point, dark but with the perfect amount of ambience. Arrangements always hit the spot. 
I recently discovered Aaron funk’s Last Step alias, and Sleep in particular, to be a kind of kindred spirit to them. Definitely a different narrative to Analord but rewarding nonetheless. 

The best stuff he's ever made to continue to grow on me. It's like a never-ending metamorphizing sonic puzzle.

I know where I stand with almost everything he's made, but Analord is different. Every time I press play I always make sure I have my deerstalker hat on and a magnifying glass. Always more to discover. The Sonic Magic Eye always awakens when Analord is on.

Man I sound like a right dork lol. But it's true! 

Edited by beer badger

I would so love to have them all in digital - I have the binder and the full set of vinyls, but can't be arsed to go through the motions just to listen. It's been a while I've even pulled the binder from the shelf - but I know they're in pristine shape because I didn't put the records directly in the plastic sleeves but used extra inner sleeves to isolate the vinyl from the plastic. Back when they were available for purchase I was totally dismissive towards everything digital so I missed out on them. I do have Chosen Lords, too, but that's an incomplete subset...

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that they can only be found via youtube or soulseek these days. I'd add that the bonus tracks from 2009 are as essential as the original tracks. Rich, will the wav's ever be made available again?

Are the actual digitals from Rephlex store on the filesharing networks or are they vinyl rips? I know the extras leaked and obviously those are not on the records.

I own all the records and bought a few things on rephlex.com before they shut it down but same thing, wish I had bought the Analord digitals too.

Guess I never listened to this cause I figured it would be too acid techno-ey for my taste. Its not that I hate acid techno but it's sounds too derivative these days. But the time is now. I will start my journey!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, thumbass said:

Guess I never listened to this cause I figured it would be too acid techno-ey for my taste. Its not that I hate acid techno but it's sounds too derivative these days. But the time is now. I will start my journey!

He kinda made it cool again. Def doesn't sound like your vanilla aciiiiiid. 

• Like 1

There is enough Aphex personality in these acid techno tracks to open an Aphex personality store. ya darn tootin

Edited by Candiru
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, garbage_burner said:

It's unfortunate that they can only be found via youtube or soulseek these days. I'd add that the bonus tracks from 2009 are as essential as the original tracks. Rich, will the wav's ever be made available again?

I would do cartwheels if the Analords were put up on Spotify or put up on his Bleep Store. The whole lot including all the brilliant bonus tracks for one tidy sum of money.

There is a great youtube channel where everything is available, but it's not the same. I really like the artwork as well. Always thought this would make a great limited cd boxset similar to Autechre did with their EP's, but with the artwork as postcards etc. 

I find myself listening more to Chosen Lords honestly. It's all the analord goodness crammed together. 

PWSteal.Ldpinch.D is definitely my favourite, maybe together with Fenix Funk and Boxing Day... oh yeah and Cilonen. Oh what the hell I like all of them! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

reddit fed up waiting for the bleepstore update and put up a petition for digilords. Sadly I'm such a cynical turd and think the petition's impact will most likely be 0, but in case here are peeps with more positive attitude and who would be interested to chime in, it's here: https://www.change.org/p/aphex-twin-put-the-analord-series-by-afx-on-streaming-platforms

Who knows....thinking about CWLP and all....