IGNORED

Ableton Live 11

hijexx

my french is super duper rusty, but I still got some use out of that, nice!

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

Nice video! My French is terrible but I managed to figure out what you were trying to say. That's a good thing, probably.

6 hours ago, Nil said:

I'm an IRL teacher / trainer, so it was quite intimidating to sit in front of a camera (rather than directly interacting with someone and cracking (poor) jokes while hopefully teaching something haha). It requires so much work, time and energy to shoot such a video

Ain't that the truth.

• Thanks 1

IMO it actually is, but it's all about the refinement of core features. But it really depends on how you use Live, if it makes a difference to your workflow or not.

Yeah for me v11 is a definite refinement, rather than a game changer (possibly would be different if I did vocal work, and had MPE instruments - the latter I am interested in, just they're so darn expensive). Though for me just the additional devices and sound packs are worth the upgrade price - so got it with the pre-order discount a few days ago.

Anyone using Live 10 and 11 at the same time? Is it easy to open projects and pretty much mirror settings from 10 to 11 so you don't loose anything. I'm keen to download 11 for 3 months free ha ha!!!

You are forced to save Ableton 10 projects as Ableton 11 projects in Ableton 11. And A11 projects are not backwards compatible. 

• Sad 1

On 11/10/2020 at 8:12 PM, chim said:

As expected, they didn't top the last one 

I love this shred so much, the attention to detail is _amazing_, how the sounds tie up with the visuals and editing

**airhorn**

man i just bought this and it feels like i paid for a speeding ticket.

i REALLY like the new phaser flanger now that i've messed with it, but the chorus ensemble is puzzling to me. i could already get a nice vibrato with the chorus before. i learned the ableton chorus so well i could get almost any modulation sound from it. seems like they kind of dumbed it down so it's easier to get sweet spots.

in fact, that's what this whole update feels like: they have taken all of the things that power users have been doing for years and added them in the form of a "THE BUTTON" style interface so people who buy midi chord progression packs can dial in sounds.

spectral resonator is amazing though. i made an entire drum beat with just one kick drum.

12 hours ago, TheBro said:

I downloaded Live 11 and as I suspect it hardly runs. I'm using 1 VST and some drums and its buffering. Ridiculous.

What are you trying to run it on? A potato?

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, rhmilo said:

What are you trying to run it on? A potato?

? Exactly!!! I'm using a Laptop with Intel i5 8th gen and 8 gig of ram. I'm going to probably just try using Reaper for the moment.

57 minutes ago, TheBro said:

? Exactly!!! I'm using a Laptop with Intel i5 8th gen and 8 gig of ram. I'm going to probably just try using Reaper for the moment.

i5 8th gen and 8GB RAM does not sound like a potato to me.

I looked it up and that’s a three year old laptop. The days when three year old laptops were massively outdated are well behind us.

Guess I’m not going to update for a while ...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

i5 8th gen and 8GB RAM does not sound like a potato to me.

I looked it up and that’s a three year old laptop. The days when three year old laptops were massively outdated are well behind us.

Guess I’m not going to update for a while ...

I don't understand why. Maybe I need a new soundcard. I have a Focusrite Saffire 6 USB 1.0 card. I'm going to email Ableton to see what's going on. 

21 hours ago, user said:

Perfect if you’re doing mashups.  

Ha ha good one! ?

Maybe try increasing buffer size and clean up your hard drive (I hope you are on a SSD!) to have more space for temporary files.

Also if you are running an antivirus or something, disable that while producing.

8 minutes ago, thawkins said:

Maybe try increasing buffer size and clean up your hard drive (I hope you are on a SSD!) to have more space for temporary files.

Also if you are running an antivirus or something, disable that while producing.

I have SSD yeah. I don't understand the issue. I don't have a noticeable performance issues other than running Ableton Live 11. Do you think a new Soundcard would help?

Also I did try increasing the buffer size but it only seems to respond at 512. Thoughts?

6 minutes ago, thawkins said:

New souncard probably will not help you with this issue. What happens if you open a completely barebones Live project? Like 1 MIDI track and nothing on the tracks/master/sends?

It'll work but it's just buffers after one vst and a drum rack. I'm really not comfortable disabling the anti virus software and Malware Bytes because they keep the laptop protected. I don't know what to do.

If you are on Windows, then the built in Windows Defender is pretty good as well, you generally do not need an additional antivirus. Besides, if you keep your laptop off the internet while producing, you should be quite safe.