IGNORED

Greta Brainskin AMA

brian trageskin

how does your wife feel about the prevalence of christian names being used as slang on the internet for public reaction videos and incel discussions? do you think The Tuss artists would be given different names if it was released in 2021?

8 minutes ago, Berk said:

Is this a drunk ama?

not really, i had a bottle of champagne earlier though, which encouraged me into doing this

2 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

Are you schlitze's dupe account

how did you guess

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

btw lol at you asking me about specific stuff when i'm like 'who the fuck is jimmy mcgriff' lol

dude check out his album Electric Funk. a classic in the genre.

1 minute ago, zero said:

dude check out his album Electric Funk. a classic in the genre.

will do. i'll check out jimmy smith too. thanks!

the only jimmy i know that i recommend (not 60's-70's jazz-funk though) is jimmy herring. i posted this tune in the jazz thread already but fuck it, this is my thread and i'll do whatever i want in it

1 hour ago, brian trageskin said:

not really, i had a bottle of champagne earlier though, which encouraged me into doing this

"Champagne Problems"

21 minutes ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Heat or night?

Chicken wings - boneless or boneful?

Ice water - avec or sans ice?

If you were on death row, what would your last meal be?

as someone already mentioned, i'm sorry to inform you that you have a brain tumor if you hear night at this point

didn't even know boneless wings were a thing. no thanks 

last meal: rougail saucisse (réunion)

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1

I liked Brian before this thread.  He was on list C, but had been as high as list B.  Now he's on the watmm shit list with Plum and the other lizards.  Please think before you post.

• Haha 2

What's the best ideal to live by?

If you were in charge, how would you solve the most pressing world crises?

How do you deal with hardship? 

What scares you?

What's your proudest achievement? 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

which one

ah yes, there are so very many (holocausts, that is) that we all often speak of here in these hallowed halls of forum dot watmm dot com! forgive me for not specifying, but please revise my inquiry to note that i am referring to the holocaust overviewed herewithin very specifically:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

(that is, The Holocaust) 

and please, don’t be short in your response! per teh thread title and greater convention so common in these digital webs-intertwined, an Anything has been Asked as thou offered and encouraged! and we might all have so much to gain by your detailed answer, your unique perspective regarding this important piece of modern history referenced. 

1 hour ago, chim said:

What's the best ideal to live by?

If you were in charge, how would you solve the most pressing world crises?

How do you deal with hardship? 

What scares you?

What's your proudest achievement? 

- none

- i would pray and god would do the rest hopefully

- extreme anxiety and depression

- pretty much everything, especially my future

- i've never achieved anything 

53 minutes ago, toaoaoad said:

What's your fav voicing for G#mi7b5(9) ?

flol 

i'll check that out tomorrow 

36 minutes ago, auxien said:

ah yes, there are so very many (holocausts, that is) that we all often speak of here in these hallowed halls of forum dot watmm dot com! forgive me for not specifying, but please revise my inquiry to note that i am referring to the holocaust overviewed herewithin very specifically:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Holocaust

(that is, The Holocaust) 

and please, don’t be short in your response! per teh thread title and greater convention so common in these digital webs-intertwined, an Anything has been Asked as thou offered and encouraged! and we might all have so much to gain by your detailed answer, your unique perspective regarding this important piece of modern history referenced. 

i already answered that in a different thread recently

in short, i don't have an opinion anymore. also, i couldn't give a shit. i've lost all interest in history since it's completely irrelevant to my concerns

• Like 1

On 3/29/2021 at 12:11 AM, toaoaoad said:

What's your fav voicing for G#mi7b5(9) ?

yo my dude i checked that on the keyboard and my fave voicing is G#ø/A#, so basically the same as root position but with the 9th in the bass. so it becomes an A#7alt, if i'm not mistaken. 

it's a voicing i've often seen barry harris play during his lessons as the 5 in a minor 2-5-1. very basic but so pretty imo. here's me playing it, the 2 is also barry's, i only took liberties with the 1 

minor 251.wav

you're welcome to correct me if i made any theory mistake, happy to learn. btw 1st time i play piano in months, been having fun jamming for hours. i wouldn't have played if it wasn't for you asking that question so thx a lot dude, you have a very positive influence on me! my mom would approve of our friendship lol 

what's your fave voicing of it btw?

• Thanks 1

Nice one, yeah those notes definitely make up A#7 altered, and you're right it's the same scale (from B jazz-minor).  G#mi7b5 itself functions as the ii in a minor ii-V-i in F# minor. The ninth on it is a colour note to emphasize the mode (locrian #2 or whatever: sixth mode of jazz-minor) and is a nice leading tone to the b13 on a C#7alt then going to F#mi9  (A#-A-G#) 

I forgot to ask if you play guitar or piano, cause I myself only play piano (can't do shit on a guitar) but I am very interested in guitar voicings and "guitar mentality" I guess you coul say lol. 

Your mom sounds cool. And I'm glad I've had a positive influence! 

Edited by toaoaoad