IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

Hearing the word Oligarch a lot. There's a whiff of double standards about it - "that side of the fence they have oligarchs, this side of the fence we have billionaires". But people with lots of money will always have sway in politics, whatever country it is. Is it a bit more blatant in Russia? Seems like we're supposed to think it is. Probably it is.

Anyway so been googling 'american oligarchs'. The Koch brothers spring to mind. And Murdoch. But the New Republic has a nice feature called "Oligarch of the Month", there's a good international roster there. https://newrepublic.com/tags/oligarch-of-the-month (paywalled unfortunately)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, zkom said:

That's what you get when you have a communist regime. It takes decades to get the country back on track.

are you really saying NATO is funding Nazis to get the country back on track?  What are you saying exactly?  Communist "regime"?  LMAO.  Talk about historical ignorance.

47 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

imagine thinking mcdonald's is a beacon of hope showing you what is "beyond the iron curtain" only to eventually see your country destroyed by capitalists, its national assets given off for pennies on the dollar to private capitalists, and quality of life drastically reduced. this shits disgusting.

• Like 2

Yeah right, you have to be pretty DESPERATE

like in URSS WAS PRETTY BAD AND DESPERATE

so bad EATING OUT AT MCDONALDS IS BLISS COMPARED TO IT

now thats fucking desperation if you ask me

Edited by thefxbip

20 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

Yeah right, you have to be pretty DESPERATE

like in URSS WAS PRETTY BAD AND DESPERATE

so bad EATING OUT AT MCDONALDS IS BLISS COMPARED TO IT

now thats fucking desperation if you ask me

even right wing CIA infiltrated wikipedia disagrees with you

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Health_in_Russia

Russian_male_and_female_life_expectancy.

Im just messing with you mate.

You're obviously some kind of political fanatic. Luckily not very dangerous, because only active on some IDM nerds forum. It's alright.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Haha 1

I was a marilyn manson fan when i was 16, i understand the mindset. You're not the first fanatic in history. It's just a thing people do, aint it ?

Im at the stage i would miss the ''Hardcore Communist Devil Advocate'' take if you would go away. ''damn i wonder what ilqx hermolia xpli would answer to that''

Edited by thefxbip

2 minutes ago, thefxbip said:

I was a marilyn manson fan when i was 16, i understand the mindset. You're not the first fanatic in history. It's just a thing people do?

They just so amazing eh?

im sorry you can't handle being called out on spreading ahistorical propaganda and being called out on it.  clearly this post you're making is some kind of coping mechanism.  do you just not care about reality or the mass misery and destruction left in the wake of the illegal dissolution of the USSR so you prefer to make jokes about it ?

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

I might go to Mcdonalds today while listening to some degenerated western Ligeti music while wearing my paint soaked che guevara t shirt/rag just to piss off  ilqx hermolia xpli i reckon.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Haha 1
  • Burger 1

7 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

it's time to play "spot the nazi symbols on ukrainian military members" again, this time with a wholesome endorsement from, you guessed it, NATO

https://web.archive.org/web/20220308120153/https://twitter.com/NATO

hint:

FNUjGDeWYAEF99V?format=jpg&name=large

should we play spot the dead ukrainian civilians? or count the refugees heading to poland? 

it's already been repeated that it's about 2500 nazis in that one unit and something like 2% of the forces in total. 

what percent of russia's army is nazi or far right or white supremacist? do we really need to do this dance? no one wins and it's pointless and stupid in the face of what's happening. 

• Like 5

Exactly. What point are you trying to get across with this anecdotal evidence you're presenting, other than trying to legitimate the invasion? Yes, a lot of armies, EU and otherwise, have neonazis amongst them, and that's an issue that should be monitored closely, but what are you trying to say?

Edited by eye
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ignatius said:

should we play spot the dead ukrainian civilians? or count the refugees heading to poland? 

it's already been repeated that it's about 2500 nazis in that one unit and something like 2% of the forces in total. 

what percent of russia's army is nazi or far right or white supremacist? do we really need to do this dance? no one wins and it's pointless and stupid in the face of what's happening. 

that's the most important aspect, but let's also make sure to count the dead Ukrainian civilians killed by these very Nazis when trying to flee cities or soldiers trying to surrender to the Russians. 

2 minutes ago, eye said:

Exactly. What point are you trying to get across with this anecdotal evidence you're presenting, other than trying to legitimate the invasion?

i dont like liberals downplaying Nazism.  some are even justifying it and saying the Nazis are good because they are resisting the invasion

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli
  • Facepalm 2

I mean if you're having part in this invasion as a russian soldier, you might not be pure fascist in thought, loads of them probably dont want to go, but you sure are fascist in action, by giving up your basic human responsabilities to the fascist thug Poutine and are participating in a imperialist fascist invasion.

The fact that Poutine (he is fascist in my book) uses the de-nazification excuse to invade Ukraine is just so post truth i cant even.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

that's the most important aspect, but let's also make sure to count the dead Ukrainian civilians killed by these very Nazis when trying to flee cities or surrender to the Russians. 

which russian state media outlet are you getting that from? 

• Like 1

Fuck Ukraine Neo-Nazis. There you go. No one in here likes Nazis mate.

But also no one deserves to be brutally invaded and killed for imperialistic reasons because there is some fucking dumbass neo-nazis scums in their country. Ukrainian kids are dying right now for fuck sake. 

Heck there is neo-nazis in every fucking Europe country probably. Dont give you an excuse to bomb the shit out of hospitals and schools and just kill innocent people.

War is hell.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 3

And before you mention it, fuck american imperialism as well.

Fuck Irak war. Fuck Afghanistan war. Fuck the war-hungry military. Fuck the weapon manufacturers. Fuck the cowards leaders of all countries that sent people to their death while sitting in their office.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 4

Man, the range of human activity is so vast and rich, there is literally so many things a human can do with its time and yet, people are still convinced by insane psychopaths that going into a foreign country to kill fellow human beings is a good thing to do with their time.

It's just so fucking sad. So many lives pointlessly wasted.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 4

Agree with all that fxbip but it is still kindof interesting that the nato twitter account tried to do an International Womens Day tweet and accidentally tweeted a pic of a soldier with the black sun. Its subtle, a leather patch just below her scarf.natotweet.thumb.jpg.c6d7bc142f8da49c81549dacc6e41d0f.jpg

@ilqx hermolia xpli : Friendly question: So you dont like Putin, and don't like Nato, and don't like the Azov. What would you have the world's citizens do at this point? I guess you'd say you'd rather it never got to this point. But as it has, whats your ideal way forwards? e.g. Lobby for humanitarian aid and cease all military action from both sides? I'm not trying to take the piss, just trying to understand where you're coming from as its obv quite different to most other people here.

Edited by zazen
  • Like 1