IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

7 hours ago, zkom said:

The St. Petersburg Toyota factory that is being shut down has 2,600 employees.

You can tell shit is really bad when even the Japanese major corps are fleeing. Look how long it took Kirin to exit its operations in Myanmar as an example of companies who put profit first. 

• Like 1

Bellingcat* are an independent researcher/journalist collective based in the Netherlands. When Navalny got poisoned with novochok in August 2020, they worked with other news orgs to uncover the identities of the Russian agents involved, and even managed to extract a confession from one of the unwitting agents by helping Navalny pose as a senior officer in a phone call. So, quite badass.

Their exec director is Christo Grozev and he's on twitter https://twitter.com/christogrozev

Today he tweeted this thread about a supposed whistleblower letter from an FSB army analyst:

Original russian letter on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/vladimir.osechkin/posts/4811633942268327

Machine translated English version here: https://pastebin.com/hm1VHQY6

Brief summary: Guy says everything is chaos in the army, they went in unprepared hoping for quick victory. A culture of officers embellishing the truth to keep their superiors happy has led to a lot of problems being hidden. Its worth reading.

There's a bit about nukes that caught my eye:

From the cynical, I will only add that I do not believe that VV Putin will press the red button to destroy the whole world.‎
‎Firstly, there is not one person making a decision, at least someone will jump off. And there are a lot of people there - there is no "one-man red button".‎

‎Secondly, there are some doubts that everything is functioning successfully there. Experience shows that the higher the transparency and control, the easier it is to identify shortcomings. And where it is not clear who controls and how, but there are always bravura reports - everything is always wrong there. I'm not sure if the red button system is functioning according to the stated data. In addition, the plutonium charge must be changed every 10 years.‎

I found that interesting and reassuring.

And then I got thinking - its common knowledge that USSR/Russia has a load of ICBMs. And they exist as a deterrent - if you have a load of ICBMs they give you power just by existing but if you ever actually have to use them, its already game over. So ... why spend a lot of money and effort keeping these extremely complicated and expensive devices in tip top condition? Its enough that everyone knows you have them. I suppose you need to give the appearance of keeping them in order, somehow. I guess you assume there are spies around.

Anyway this whole thing could be a fake leak but anyway there it is, and Christo Grozev thinks it seems legit.

(* not to be confused with boomkat)

Edited by zazen
  • Like 8

uzbu8e9zall81.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

send more cucumbers. 

re: nazis.. on the face of it it looks bad but its more complicated since russia seized two parts of Ukraine during its previous aggression which is where much of the nazi action has happened. meanwhile the various nazi groups all are not aligned together. some are aligned and working with russia.. others want independence. it's a fuckn mess. 

it's well known that putin is aligned with extremists in russia for his own ends.. from the motorcycle gangs to outright fascists. they do all kinds of political theater in their own country to keep everyone confused as to what is real and what is happening. it's well known 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, ignatius said:

uzbu8e9zall81.jpg?width=1024&auto=webp&s

send more cucumbers. 

re: nazis.. on the face of it it looks bad but its more complicated since russia seized two parts of Ukraine during its previous aggression which is where much of the nazi action has happened. meanwhile the various nazi groups all are not aligned together. some are aligned and working with russia.. others want independence. it's a fuckn mess. 

it's well known that putin is aligned with extremists in russia for his own ends.. from the motorcycle gangs to outright fascists. they do all kinds of political theater in their own country to keep everyone confused as to what is real and what is happening. it's well known 

sounds familiar 

11 minutes ago, ignatius said:

what's your problem with anti-drone cucumber jars? 

its a made up pro ukraine propaganda story like all the rest. i think u see the problem yourself thats why you thought my very neutral post which merely linked to the original source was saying theres a problem

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

27 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

its a made up pro ukraine propaganda story like all the rest. i think u see the problem yourself thats why you thought my very neutral post which merely linked to the original source was saying theres a problem

are you saying a jar of cucumbers can't take down a drone? 

• Big Brain 1

48 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

Says the guy who just posted Nazi spin story from a tankie propaganda blog in defence of full scale invasion of a neighbouring country and the killing of thousands of innocent people (so far).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Silent Member said:

Says the guy who just posted Nazi spin story from a tankie propaganda blog in defence of full scale invasion of a neighbouring country and the killing of thousands of innocent people (so far).

why are you so desperate to defend nazis

• Facepalm 6
  • Big Brain 1

1 minute ago, ignatius said:

what do you have against cucumbers? 

i dont like ukraine's obvious meme tier made up propaganda campaign on social media it's cringe and a completely new aspect of war, i dont like how it bodes for the future

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

22 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

i dont like ukraine's obvious meme tier made up propaganda campaign on social media it's cringe and a completely new aspect of war, i dont like how it bodes for the future

sure. but you don't have problems with it when it comes from russia?

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

70uum4rpxll81.gif?width=678&format=mp4&s

4 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

why are you so desperate to defend nazis

There are nazis in Ukraine, the far right got a whopping 2.1% of the popular vote in the last election. They did have a nazi problem, but that movement fizzled. The east block as a whole has a problem with nazism and racism, Russia included. How are they supposed to remove an ideology with low support in a country by going to war? The pro russia government of the Donetsk region that Putin supposedly is liberating from Ukraine nazis, is run by Pavel Gubarev who has a Russian nazi movement background. Anyway. Fuck nazis.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Satans Little Helper said:

nope asked you a question. but didn't get an answer. and probably wont get one either.

also lol

its not coming from russia that i see show me one example like that

Claiming that Putin, who has actively allied with and has been supported by far right and nazi groups in Europe, is somehow fighting nazis in Ukraine is fucking hilarious :crazy:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, ilqx hermolia xpli said:

you just made up something and told me that i said it lol

All your posts in this thread are cheap prorussian justifications of the current invasion, don't fool yourself

Edited by Milwaukeeeee