IGNORED

Russia is now bombing Ukraine

cern

Max Blumenthal who reports for RT and Sputnik with a pro-Russian take? :surprised pikachu face:

that other guy retweets Russian officials and a quick Google of Dean O Brien Ukraine shows he may not me the most trustworthy source…

Anyways, since you hate nazis, here are some more for you to hate on

• Like 7

Eight consecutive Twitter reposts in an hour would make anyone seem kinda manic, not to mention dubious in the middle of a propaganda war. Time for a little break? Consider if you're coming across as spammy and obnoxious? 

Edited by psn
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, psn said:

Eight consecutive Twitter reposts in an hour would make anyone seem kinda manic, not to mention dubious in the middle of a propaganda war. Time for a little break? Consider if you're coming across as spammy and obnoxious? 

lets not disrespect people who experience mania by using it as some sort of insult

• Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Perhaps the mods could give our troll-factory shitposter some kind of «time out»?

my posts are all directly on topic, it's only the people talking about me for some reason, when the thread title is not my username, who should be receiving "time out".  and I'm not "shitposting" I don't think you know what that word means.  so maybe you actually aren't even talking about me, if so, never mind

Edited by ilqx hermolia xpli

29 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Perhaps the mods could give our troll-factory shitposter some kind of «time out»?

There is an user-level ignore feature on the forum, hover on the user's avatar and wait for the popup, then click the Ignore button on the lower right-hand corner, or manage it via Ignored Users on the forum's profile menu (on the upper right corner of the page).

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 1

When I went on a mountain bike trip with my best mate Mike to Cappadocia in Turkey he realised something rather odd about me (the list is quite long anyway) he said Quinny do you realise every morning when you wake up to get out of bed, you sit up straight and make some peculiar animal announcement? Like a mantra. 
Savage Wolf! Savage Beast!!

Behold! Release The Bike Badger!!

I Summon The Strength Of 10 Angry Ale Bears!!!

Cunning Of The Fox!!! The Speed of The Supersonic Hawk!!!

The Angry Snout Of The Warthog! The Eye Of The Squid!!!

I Am The Ultimate Wolfman!!!

Well this morning I knew it would happen again. I could feel the manta rising, pulsing in my veins like a werewolf on the eve of a full moon. Yes!

Beware The Night Sky And The Anthrax Infected Bat!!!

Bit of a light hearted tangent there. I guess we should go back to business.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, dcom said:

There is an user-level ignore feature on the forum, hover on the user's avatar and wait for the popup, then click the Ignore button on the lower right-hand corner, or manage it via Ignored Users on the forum's profile menu (on the upper right corner of the page).

thank you King.

O wow, I didn't knew Zelensky was Jewish. So, yeah about this denazification thing...

I think we all agree that Putins stated aim of 'denazification' is bullshit.

But Ukraine does have a small minority of heavily armed far-right militias that have been absorbed into their official armed forces. Hermolia is posting about them a bit too much but on the other hand I think we need to remember that they are there. When it comes to the endgame of this conflict they might be an important factor. e.g. If Zelenksy gets a peace deal but the far-right militias dont like it, they may turn on Zelensky. Or if Zelensky is killed and there is a power vacuum, they might try and step in, etc.

And as has been pointed out there are also far-right militias fighting on the Russian side.

I don't want to keep sending the thread down the same tangent again and again but the reality is a bit complicated: Yes Putins denazification rhetoric is bullshit but yes there are heavily armed nazis in ukraines army and also on the russian side.

• Like 4

Nazis in the east block very bad, also attacking a peaceful nation maybe bad.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, zazen said:

I think we all agree that Putins stated aim of 'denazification' is bullshit.

But Ukraine does have a small minority of heavily armed far-right militias that have been absorbed into their official armed forces. Hermolia is posting about them a bit too much but on the other hand I think we need to remember that they are there. When it comes to the endgame of this conflict they might be an important factor. e.g. If Zelenksy gets a peace deal but the far-right militias dont like it, they may turn on Zelensky. Or if Zelensky is killed and there is a power vacuum, they might try and step in, etc.

And as has been pointed out there are also far-right militias fighting on the Russian side.

I don't want to keep sending the thread down the same tangent again and again but the reality is a bit complicated: Yes Putins denazification rhetoric is bullshit but yes there are heavily armed nazis in ukraines army and also on the russian side.

Couldn't have said it better.

14 minutes ago, scumtron said:

Thanks. 20 yrs+ of various messageboards, and I've never felt a need to ignore other members posts. There is a first time for everything, I guess.

I've been doing this internet thing for 30+ years and I've managed not to technologically ignore/ghost anyone yet, I've been mostly shrugging it off, sometimes I've written acerbic replies as drafts, let them simmer for a while and then deleted them. Sometimes I've had to physically step back from the keyboard to avoid blowing a gasket. Sometimes I've failed, and gotten caught up in downward spirals of dick-measuring contests and venom-spitting (because I occasionally enjoy writing acerbic, prolix, and magniloquent things). Nobody's perfect.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 4

I have a story about nasi goreng, I was backpacking around indonesia with then gf and we got off a long distance bus at a bus station somewhere and we're spotted as westerners and so a whole crowd of taxi drivers pop up and are standing around me saying "Transport?" "Where you go?" etc. Which is fine really because thats the reality of the situation and they need their work. But me and gf are tired and just can't handle the negotiations right now so I announced "Nasi Goreng!" and the taxi chaps laughed and pointed us to the nearest cafe which was great.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, scumtron said:

Jesus, we're not Russians here. ? Dude has a right to speak (with some constraints as per the rules, which everyone has read in triplicate)

Spoiler

2 hours ago, zazen said:

When it comes to the endgame of this conflict they might be an important factor. e.g. If Zelenksy gets a peace deal but the far-right militias dont like it, they may turn on Zelensky.

They're 2-3% of the total armed forces, and the same percentage for the general population (going by last election results). Not sure they're ready for an armed takeover.

… but let’s not forget millions of innocent people/children losing their homes and lives because a madman attacked and invaded their country just cuz he felt like it… and he’s also threatening to use his nuclear weapons. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1