IGNORED

Lunatic Harness 25th Anniversary Box Set

Friendly Stranger

https://bleep.com/release/307517-ziq-lunatic-harness-25th-anniversary-edition

Man, I love this album but to be honest the cost is hard pill to swallow. I'd for sure still buy it if the shipping wasn't $40 on top of the already premium price. Love this dude and I think the album deserves the special treatment but with 2 little ones at home this is a tough call for me to make ?

Will still be buying this digitally if that gets offered, I guess.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

Man, I love this album but to be honest the cost is hard pill to swallow. I'd for sure still buy it if the shipping wasn't $40

This is the brexit you all voted for

• Like 2

For some reason I got the box set from Bleep with a shipping cost of 5,72 €. There will be a 24 % VAT and a hold-up with the Finnish customs on top, but the vinyl will be released on my 48th birthday, so I've got that going for me.

• Like 2

I was able to get $25 shipping to the US from the bandcamp.  I was never not going to buy this, but god damn am I ready for some reasonable international shipping rates. 

expensive, but worth it.  I have vivid memories of the first time I heard this album, my buddy had just picked up the cd the day it released and we drove around listening to it.  I remember repeating the beginning of lunatic harness with the beatboxing over and over.  One of those mind-altering realizations of how limitless music creativity could be.  I listened to the album every day on my bus/metrorail/peoplemover commute to work in downtown Miami that summer.  Can't believe it's been 25 years.

• Like 3

Seems like I bought it yesterday, damn I'm getting old ? ... haven't listened to it for ages, gonna put it on now. Will go for the digitals ?

2 hours ago, yekker said:

so expensive! i dunno. haven't decided yet

my favorite:

hands down my favourite off that album and one of my favs of his overall. :)

• Like 1

I already have all of these, some in pretty piss poor quality (lunatic harness is worn out). Would be cool to refresh but I do have an attachment to them. It would make me feel sad to not have my originals anymore. Can't deny it's tempting; this is my some of my favorite stuff from him, I like Tusken Raiders a lot too.

2 hours ago, nature said:

I already have all of these, some in pretty piss poor quality (lunatic harness is worn out). Would be cool to refresh but I do have an attachment to them. It would make me feel sad to not have my originals anymore.

I think you're allowed to keep them.

• Haha 2

I felt bad about complaining about the price on this so to make myself feel better about it I went and grabbed Chewed Corners on wax, which I've never owned. Great album! 2013 was such an amazing year for music. 

Shoutout to Rubin for the BC link, I'll pick up the digital version of Lunatic for sure.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
20 hours ago, atypic said:

Is it a remaster?  That's not mentioned in the description on Bandcamp

Half and half. I got the CD yesterday (vinyl won't get here until close to the end of this month) and there are some interesting notes in there, though no actual commentary from Mike about the tracks which would've been nice. Anyway, the main album and the b-sides from My Little Beautiful are all mastered by Dave Bernez at The Townhouse, which means they're the same masters used for the original release. Everything else, including the Brace Yourself EP, has been remastered by Mike. Also, Mike doesn't own the rights the album, the b-sides or the tracks from the Mealtime comp, they were all licensed from Virgin. And finally, RIP to Amber Rowlands, who photographed the covers. Was she related to one of the Chems?

The vinyl, of course, will be completely remastered since they'll have had to cut new plates. I know Mike had mentioned digging through his DATs, so maybe he was looking for the individual tracks for the vinyl cut, though it wouldn't surprise me if they just used the 16 bit masters prepared in 97. That said, I don't care, you can master something to vinyl from 16 bit files and make it sound great, as long as you're not just dropping the files into a program to convert them to the RIAA curve or something.

Yeah, kinda disappointing that the main album hasn't been fully remastered, but that might also be a licensing restriction. Regardless, just happy to see it on Planet Mu where Mike is most likely making more money off it than via Virgin, and on vinyl again.

• Like 2