IGNORED

WAPP480

spunktronics

8 hours ago, J3FF3R00 said:

Bumping this...

Anyone able to scan the QR codes in the google drive folder. My app is fully updated and I get nothing

These are the “secret posters”, it would be cool to snag a mint one, why didn’t bleep bundle them with the vinyl. These were on Brick Lane, so maybe Rough Trade has a few? there could be a small QR code on the vinyl sleeve somewhere.

IMG_0412.jpeg

IMG_0413.jpeg

IMG_0414.jpeg

I canceled my vinyl order today

Why?

$60 (including shipping) for 3 unheard short tracks is just not worth it for me. 
If it was a 2x vinyl album with more tracks I would totally be down for that! 
I will buy the digital downloads only now. 

Also this first track has not grown on me.. It is a pretty raw and just straight forward hunting Aphex-Loop 
Would fit on a B-Side or Bonus for Collapse EP and Nice to listen on a cold dark winter afternoon. 

I wish the track were more bouncy happy with catchy melodies for the summer.. Exactly like the tunes he played live!
Or Take "4 bit 9d api+e+6" for example instant banger! 

I hope people here are happy with their purchase anyway! :aphexsign:

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

18 minutes ago, cern said:

Why?

$60 (including shipping) for 3 unheard short tracks is just not worth it for me. 

Also this first track has not grown on me.. It is a pretty raw and just straight forward hunting Aphex-Loop 
Would fit on a B-Side or Bonus for Collapse EP and Nice to listen on a cold dark winter afternoon. 

I wish the track were more bouncy happy with catchy melodies for the summer.. Exactly like the tunes he played live!

I don't blame you for cancelling your vinyl! That's just plain crazy for a four track EP!!

Personally, I love the track, but I also understand where you're coming from ?

Exciting times!!!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

imagine this submersible at the titanic wreck is just a big aphex pr stunt they pull it up and it’s a green submarine 

from blimp to sub LP

i get it "blackbox life recorder"....kinda sick tho

props

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cern said:

Why?

60$ ? where u at? 35$ shipping included for Portugal

50 minutes ago, Richie Sombrero said:

More like a single even than an EP.

That's why I pre-ordered from the Aphex store. Just in case of any little extra goodies.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, eye said:

Prepare for another 30$ for brexit import taxes ?

nahh, been ordering lots of stuff from the UK lately (after brexit) and I've never paid those 15% customs value... Evangelion deluxe box was around 250€ and I didn't pay any 37.5€ (besides the fact that it was stated in the receipt)... don't ask me why... and I think it's not 15%, it's probs 30%...

Edited by cruising for burgers

1 hour ago, cern said:

i think it's like an AI infected track with lots of drum n bass samples fed into it. an exercise in coding, rather than writing a good central idea.

i am one of those RDJ fans that's largely 'out' even before ICBYD. not because they're no good, but because they're not as good. the minimalism impressed me more.

can anyone find a central idea as devastating as 'stone in focus' in his work? i think it's so well judged. 

this newer stuff is impressive production skills, shuffling all over the place unnecessarily.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, cruising for burgers said:

60$ ? where u at? 35$ shipping included for Portugal

Im in Asia and before this I purchase the Confield Double LP Vinyl reissue + T-Shirt 
And it landed on the same amount including shipping 

So the price this time is way too high for some reason.. 

• Thanks 1

There's no 2 ways about it they've gone full-on price gouge on this, there's nothing like catching yourself say that something was much cheaper back in the day to make you feel old, like the way moany old fucks used to say it back in the day!

3 hours ago, cern said:

Why?

If he continues like last time or like he did with analord there will be quite a bunch of EPs to come

• Like 2

1 hour ago, logboy said:

i think it's like an AI infected track with lots of drum n bass samples fed into it. an exercise in coding, rather than writing a good central idea.

i am one of those RDJ fans that's largely 'out' even before ICBYD. not because they're no good, but because they're not as good. the minimalism impressed me more.

can anyone find a central idea as devastating as 'stone in focus' in his work? i think it's so well judged. 

this newer stuff is impressive production skills, shuffling all over the place unnecessarily.

You heard the ambient version ? Might be more up your street!

That being said I think the orgional version is pretty miminmal anyway & for me definitely hits that classic afx magic vibe! 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, kirm said:

That being said I think the orgional version is pretty miminmal anyway & for me definitely hits that classic afx magic vibe! 

minimal? no. don't agree. it's very identifiable as his work. but then ... when your initial work is vastly different from the majority over the decades, the original impression people got is a distant memory and feels like holding onto something that's somehow long dead. when you're there at the time, the several years over which those early EPs and couple of albums appear, they have the power to form an expectation in your mind. looking back, or coming in anywhere from say 1995 onwards, it's all twisted jokes and creepy crossover stuff.

1 hour ago, o00o said:

If he continues like last time or like he did with analord there will be quite a bunch of EPs to come

Kudos for the positive attitude, but Analord is 18 years ago, and he hasn't really done anything similar before or after. But he had a nice streak from 2015-2018 for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, scumtron said:

Kudos for the positive attitude, but Analord is 18 years ago, and he hasn't really done anything similar before or after. But he had a nice streak from 2015-2018 for sure.

I understand that thinking tho.. 

Imagine if this BlackBox Life Recorder was a serie of EP's just like Analord but with drums, samplers and synths being sequenced with the Cirklon. 
Now that would have been really dope! Maybe 1 EP release every month in a whole year ?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cern said:

Why?

Don't blame you one bit. That is ridiculous. I had some store credit on Jeff Bezo' e-commerce platform so impulsively ordered from there. Don't think I would have if I didn't have the credit. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

These are the “secret posters”, it would be cool to snag a mint one, why didn’t bleep bundle them with the vinyl. These were on Brick Lane, so maybe Rough Trade has a few? there could be a small QR code on the vinyl sleeve somewhere.

You could print one of the ones in the Google Drive, they have US and UK sizes https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1ubKZ8nFJTM6JMfYPZjmuLYuZJHYJph_1

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, cern said:

Maybe 1 EP release every month in a whole year ?

That what be fantastic!!

Speaking about Analord reminds me of back in the day and being at work listing to it on repeat (managed to listen to it about 3 times per shift). Good times.