IGNORED

How do you know if a Aphex Vinyl gets valuable?

cern

I see that a Limited Edition Collapse EP I have MINT is worth like $10 crap I just want to throw it away now.. 
Then you take a look at SYRO Limited Edition Vinyl is worth $2000 minimum and Drukqs is around $500 

So how you know what to look for when a new Aphex release gets out? 
Will this new EP limited edition get valuable in the future or is it gonna stay $10-30? 

• Big Brain 2

15 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

Anything Rephlex pressed would be a good place to start 

I have the Steinvord vinyl, but don't care about the value as I'll never sell it. In fact I never buy any vinyl to make money.

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I have the Steinvord vinyl, but don't care about the value as I'll never sell it. In fact I never buy any vinyl to make money.

No this is not about making business! But you want it to be valuable!
Imagine going in and see your beloved rare Steinvord vinyl from a legendary label is worth $10 in mint condition and nobody wants it. 

Is it not the point with Limited Edition that they are limited for example? Or is it just a BS name to trick people maybe 

Pretty sure nowadays no Aphex vinyl, unless specifically stated that it’s gonna be pressed in ultra limited amounts will be worth anything extra. No matter how much cash Rich has in the bank, he will want to make money, and so he should. I think your referring to the ‘limited edition’ which has already got a repress on the way. Yeah bummer if you thought you were gonna make a few hundred quid on it. But cool if you enjoy listening to vinyl and looking at the artwork. I remember ummming and arrrring about buying Death Grips Exmilitary on vinyl for £40 because I was in a bit of debt at the time and now it’s worth between £400 and £800. Which would of cleared my debt easy lol.

But it do have both The Tuss records, Drukqs ltd, original SAW2 with Stone In Focus and Steinvord. And a few others. I’m hoping that Burial vs Massive Attack artwork was done by Banksy (3D). That’s gonna be worth a fortune. Anyway I’m a little drunk and a rambling.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, cern said:

No this is not about making business! But you want it to be valuable!
Imagine going in and see your beloved rare Steinvord vinyl from a legendary label is worth $10 in mint condition and nobody wants it. 

Is it not the point with Limited Edition that they are limited for example? Or is it just a BS name to trick people maybe 

I here what you're saying, I just don't care how valuable it is. That's not why I bought it.

If there's two words I hate, it's Limited and Edition.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

I here what you're saying, I just don't care how valuable it is. That's not why I bought it.

If there's two words I hate, it's Limited and Edition.

Yes I think that must be a lie in most cases. 

• Like 1

I’m kicking myself for not buying rushup edge when my local shop had it. I dunno why I didn’t buy it :shrug:

Worth lots last time I checked and I’ll never afford to own it. 

• Sad 1

Dispatched: June 24, 2023

15 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Bloody hell!!!

Screenshot_20230625-215505~2.png

Yup! I also bought Confederation Trough on vinyl, at least I got that.  

Edited by YEK
  • Like 1

I have given away Drukqs and Steinvord to friends, that's how much of nice guy I am. Had spares, though, still own a copy of each. ? 

• Like 4
  • Big Brain 3

1 hour ago, YEK said:

I’m kicking myself for not buying rushup edge when my local shop had it. I dunno why I didn’t buy it :shrug:

I bought Rushup Edge when it came out, and my new, wrapped copy was missing one of the three discs. I was like "ah, I don't want to bother anyone, I'll buy another one sometime in the future".

• Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

Have to admit, on reflection, Warp stated that the clear vinyl was a limited edition and people paid for that. Then there’s a repress coming as soon as you like on the 18th August. Hmmm. Isn’t that a bit fishy? Limited edition means zero repress imo. Pretty sure a similar game played out with Collapse EP. I can’t be arsed with vinyl anymore. Load of old nonsense. But just saying. That’s very fishy.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 3

Didn’t buy drukqs on vinyl new because I wasn’t as into the piano stuff (for the price of the vinyl) and a few years later I could have gotten a used copy that was hanging on the wall for MONTHS at Kim’s St Marks in NYC, but didn’t. I regret that now. 
I got both tuss releases new on vinyl and actually broke the news here when a few copies were for sale on the Aphex store. When that happened I was a nice guy and only bought one copy cuz I already had one. Any of you peeps snag one of those at the time??

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, cern said:

I see that a Limited Edition Collapse EP I have MINT is worth like $10 crap I just want to throw it away now.. 
Then you take a look at SYRO Limited Edition Vinyl is worth $2000 minimum and Drukqs is around $500 

So how you know what to look for when a new Aphex release gets out? 
Will this new EP limited edition get valuable in the future or is it gonna stay $10-30? 

the older, the more expensive.  the more limited, the more expensive.  collapse is new