IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

10 minutes ago, pizza said:

First date on an Autechre gig? Damn son, A+

Yeah, she'd heard of them before, she was completely blown away by the gig and loved it, too!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Das Gespenst said:

I miss the usual … “Esto no suena como Autechre...? pero hay dos chicos allí arriba, así que no sé.

🥳

Edited by xox

Talking about Lisbon A here, it would be hard to ask for a better first time seeing them, that amalgamation of dance styles being twisted and mangled in ever unexpected ways, but still making you unable to sit still – they definitely didn’t let the auditorium context get in the way of smashing everyone’s face in with the most satisfying beats.

Speaking of faces, given it was a Portugal debut there was also this kind of communal feeling in seeing so many familiar ones that I got to know from this kind of music over the years, all of them clearly waiting a long time for this and with a big smile by the end of it. Can’t wait for the recording!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, BlockUser said:

Yeah, she'd heard of them before, she was completely blown away by the gig and loved it, too!

Meet her at the love parade the Autechre gig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, t yst r said:

Lisbon, second show. Sounds decent great!

way different vibe to the others. that first part is a techno work out kinda.. gets pretty deep and a bit sad/dark later on. sounds like all new material. some nice beats throughout. off kilter stuff all over the place. digging it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, ignatius said:

way different vibe to the others. that first part is a techno work out kinda.. gets pretty deep and a bit sad/dark later on. sounds like all new material. some nice beats throughout. off kilter stuff all over the place. digging it. 

Does someone here know if the two Lisbon sets were different?

1 hour ago, t yst r said:

Does someone here know if the two Lisbon sets were different?

From the description above, it sounds like they reversed the arc, because the first one had pretty much escalating intensity from beginning to end – not sure about the actual material being played though. 

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

most 'standard' beats i've heard them using live since like the 00's sets. still some obtuse/mindbending stuff in there no doubt, but does tend towards more easily-recognizable rhythms. i think you're right that most/maybe all is 'new' stuff, hard to say with the recording quality at the moment tho. soundboards are going to be fucking nuts...section right up about 1:00:00 in this Lisbon second show set had to be wild live. getting almost Sublimit vibes from it.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 4

25 minutes ago, Neurodancer said:

it sounds like they reversed the arc,

it's kind of a U with a shallow dip in the middle.  the beats are dope through out. 

I was thinking before that maybe they will only do grandpa drones in the future 

Happy they are back in the beat business!

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

17 hours ago, ignatius said:

Absolutely majestic so far. Man... the bros. ❤️

• Like 1

On 4/13/2024 at 9:56 PM, auxien said:

most 'standard' beats i've heard them using live since like the 00's sets. still some obtuse/mindbending stuff in there no doubt, but does tend towards more easily-recognizable rhythms. i think you're right that most/maybe all is 'new' stuff, hard to say with the recording quality at the moment tho. soundboards are going to be fucking nuts...section right up about 1:00:00 in this Lisbon second show set had to be wild live. getting almost Sublimit vibes from it.

PPL, how is this not complete fucking hype yet?? entirely new set indeed, banger upon banger!

if anyone's interesting i eqd the thing a bit o get rid of the low-end muddiness, sacrificing some oomph but revealing more detail i think: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/040be38a52dd7fd8db9c3347fb50037620240415074912/c88054f27e8f079a11981fbe62f741a420240415075444/

Also i seem to have cut off the last few minutes, oops.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 4/13/2024 at 9:56 PM, auxien said:

Around 1:00:00 it’s like a rollercoaster when it shortly stops just to tear you apart entirely afterwards 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, o00o said:

Around 1:00:00 it’s like a rollercoaster when it shortly stops just to tear you apart entirely afterwards 

hell yeah, loved that part. crazy that they’re pulling this shit off live. 

New Lisbon set is pretty nuts, I thought the current round of sets would be variations on Sydney / Dublin, but they've got another hour of material locked down!  Sounding really good as well.

Any speculation on when the next soundboards will come out? ASAP would be great, but I'm guessing after the gigs nearer the end of the year.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

PPL, how is this not complete fucking hype yet?? entirely new set indeed, banger upon banger!

if anyone's interesting i eqd the thing a bit o get rid of the low-end muddiness, sacrificing some oomph but revealing more detail i think: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/040be38a52dd7fd8db9c3347fb50037620240415074912/c88054f27e8f079a11981fbe62f741a420240415075444/

Also i seem to have cut off the last few minutes, oops.

ah damn on the cutoff, sounds like you did a solid job getting that muddiness out of there

whoever uploaded that first recording reupped it with some mastering, sounds better than it was for sure:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, auxien said:

ah damn on the cutoff, sounds like you did a solid job getting that muddiness out of there

whoever uploaded that first recording reupped it with some mastering, sounds better than it was for sure:

sound quality pretty good. really hoping we get soundboards of some of these. just so good. epic stuff from the autechre. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, auxien said:

Ah nvm, this OG remaster is much better, anyway. Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

Am I the only one who prefers to wait for the releases (probably not before 2025 🥲)? Even if I feel very tempted...

Hopefully I'll see them in Lyon on May 7th.

Edited by siisx