IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

23 hours ago, t yst r said:

Also, this fellow/chapess has quite a few ae live recordings shared on a Google Drive. It contains some that I hadn't heard before.

Currently up to The Hague for twentytwentyfour.

Edit: Paris added

Edit2: Rennes added

awesome. gracias. for some reason the google drive won't download and i get an error.. the mega link works fine though. 

https://mega.nz/folder/Mm82jShC#OZ5FjWXvR48KMEXq0NN0Vg

🙂

Edited by ignatius

If you guys are interested, here's a recording of Haswell's performance in Brussels. I had to adjust the record level a few times 🙂 therefore it's clipped at some points.

Not the best recording, but there you go.

https://we.tl/t-D1EtrAFMzv

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ignatius said:

um1v41cfv4tc1.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

In this picture they really look like two of my cousins, coincidently brothers. I don't have a picture of them, you'll have to take my word for it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dr lopez said:

they look so old 🤕

I guess they should have consulted you before they remained alive, continuing to dynamically contribute to their singular oeuvre that brightens so many people's lives.

• Burger 2
  • Farnsworth 2

On 4/8/2024 at 3:06 AM, Wunderbar said:

autechre-and-gaspar-no-v0-eu3lh0cfv4tc1.thumb.webp.d1e742372759b06a68c7f4e9c3d6e6ea.webp

autochore .

They should come at home, I have better brews than Grimbergen ! But OK, my sofa is a little smaller...

• Haha 1

Listened to a Brussels bootleg last night, pretty awesome. I hear hints of scratching, grooviness, vocals and vocoders (all warping along the event horizon of a black hole of course).

The intentional structure of these live sets start to jump out me: the first half hour often seems like its an intentional slow build up, around the 30 min mark is usually some wild left turn. In this one, I particularly like the melodic post-climax outro.... Ends on an optimistic note after all the oblivion.

I often think of sunlight peaking through clouds when hearing their later era stuff. Probably due to the suppressed melodies. Cool stuff.

• Like 6

Which bootleg are we liking the best? Or has the best quality? I need something to listen to at work today

Just got done listening to the Hague gig. AE update your _STORE later this year pls. I'm hungry for more sets.

• Like 6

Just saw them yesterday and liked it a lot, for me is the best ae live I've attended to. Its less minimal and more rhythmic driven and their sound palette is wider and richer, I could barely hear high freqs (I wore earplugs) but the overall mix was astounding.

kudos to rob and sean

• Like 8

So far, no complete bootlegs of Barcelona or Madrid... Hopefully someone records both shows tonight 🤞

Come on, Iberians! Don't let us down!

On 4/9/2024 at 11:06 PM, ignatius said:

rennes too. 

Epic. A bit different to Hague as there is all this scratching but the vibe is really close 

Edited by o00o

On 4/9/2024 at 11:53 AM, gnarlybog said:

Listened to a Brussels bootleg last night, pretty awesome. I hear hints of scratching, grooviness, vocals and vocoders (all warping along the event horizon of a black hole of course).

The intentional structure of these live sets start to jump out me: the first half hour often seems like its an intentional slow build up, around the 30 min mark is usually some wild left turn. In this one, I particularly like the melodic post-climax outro.... Ends on an optimistic note after all the oblivion.

I often think of sunlight peaking through clouds when hearing their later era stuff. Probably due to the suppressed melodies. Cool stuff.

Hey! That sun through clouds thing is EXACTLY how I've felt about them for years, too! Since Exai, to be precise. Coincidentally, that's also my favourite weather, I love the constant changes in brightness, and how the shadows keep changing all the time. Maybe these constant changes are part of why I feel like this, their music has become really fluid and organic in the past decade or so. Think you're spot on with the suppressed melodies there, hadn't thought of that.

It's incredible how these sets are working, both on macro- and microlevel, from overall structure down to the smallest details. Seems to me in certain spots like electronic music tropes like build-ups, breakdowns, drops are being applied to the length of an entire concert. Just gave Dublin a few listens since yesterday. I'd been there and wanted to wait with going through a bootleg. But by Jove, what a night. And that guy screaming at the top his lungs at the end😂 He's right, you know?

That night means a lot to me as this was practically my first date with the wonderful girl who now is my girlfriend. I have a whole lot of good feelings about this concert. Can't wait for them soundboards!

Edited by BlockUser
  • Like 7