IGNORED

Autechre Live 2024

Neurodancer

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

What are autechre live performances like ?

is it more a sit down thing or do people dance ?

the physical body is left behind to a limp mass of flesh and bones as the tones trigger one's inner self to return to higher planes of existence where music is experienced in dimensions not even dreamed of

couple i've been to were mostly people standing around, some people were dancing at one of them, for parts of the set. the guys have talked about the dancing being much more common in certain parts of the world i believe.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2024 at 10:56 PM, Wunderbar said:

Definitely a sit down thing for them 😉

But yeah, depends on what they're playing, maybe on venue, too. 2005 tour was wild with loads of people dancing, less so in 2008 but it still had people getting into it. 2016 was mostly sitting, All of these were Berlin for me. I think 2005 was still clubs that people just got to for some electronic music, while today, if you go to see Ae, you will know and want to see them. The massive increase in ticket prices really does something to who the audience is going to be.

Seems also to depend on the city, didn't they say in droid's interview that people in Dublin always "get it"? I was there last year and people really did enjoy it, iirc there was a lot of at least warm-up movement on the dancefloor during the second half.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:35 PM, BlockUser said:

Absolutely no dates for Germany..

I think they will, the tour booking is not over, so far.

On 3/22/2024 at 6:55 PM, logakght said:

They will never come to Mexico... Kind of mystic Aphex did tho...

yeah well there's less chances , I don't think they played in south america already (dunno did not checked it out tbh) but who nows

On 3/20/2024 at 11:52 PM, fairuzosman said:

I won’t be able to make it for the Rennes show as well 

make me think, I didn't  asked the venue yet If I could get my ticket refunded or try to re-sell it on the web somewhere .

man, we just can not leave two empty seats in there ha ha

On 3/22/2024 at 10:56 PM, Wunderbar said:

Lot's of stage diving and a lot of twerking

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Burger 2

The recent Dublin gig was surprisingly dancey, it was banging at the end, it was pitch dark but you could tell by the crowd response they were going mad for it at the end, a good bit different than the last time I saw them which was seated in the national concert hall, a far more chin strokey affair, much preferred the last one, the seating was good in its own right but much different

• Like 3

Spoiler

thinkn bout those soundboards. hopefully we get some more recordings of these gigs.. these sets. 

Spoiler

tumblr_mh3chi5v2W1rhj4ggo1_500.jpg

too many spoilers.

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:52 PM, fairuzosman said:

I’ve got both tickets for Paris and Rennes and most likely I won’t be able to make it for the Rennes show as well 

oh but, just thinking, , so do you have a ticket to re-sell for the 7th april show in rennes ?

if so, I could maybe bring a friend there and he could drive so I could go !!!!     I was about te re-sell my ticket but I'm holding this back right now.

let me know, PM me please thanks.

Edited by neurone
  • Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 11:16 PM, auxien said:

the physical body is left behind to a limp mass of flesh and bones as the tones trigger one's inner self to return to higher planes of existence where music is experienced in dimensions not even dreamed of

couple i've been to were mostly people standing around, some people were dancing at one of them, for parts of the set. the guys have talked about the dancing being much more common in certain parts of the world i believe.

dublin set '23 - started on my hole, 20 ins in had to get up and head-nod with some hip-jiggling... 40 mins in was gloving it like a loon and the last 30 mins it was full shuffle-dance, hands in the air banging lunacy

• Like 5

4 hours ago, phudoshin said:

dublin set '23 - started on my hole, 20 ins in had to get up and head-nod with some hip-jiggling... 40 mins in was gloving it like a loon and the last 30 mins it was full shuffle-dance, hands in the air banging lunacy

word from everyone i read was that Dublin set was killer. looking forward to the soundboards dropping one day 🤞 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phudoshin said:

The hip jiggles 20 mins in for the scratching Ae hipped hoppedy, fuck I am tempted to go see them again that gig was amazing, I was hoping timo would have got squarepusher over by now 

To tour the new stuff, I still haven't got the album vinyl from bleep, ordered it at the same time as that dj fokus repress which they never got apparently 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mattthegoone said:

The hip jiggles 20 mins in for the scratching Ae hipped hoppedy, fuck I am tempted to go see them again that gig was amazing, I was hoping timo would have got squarepusher over by now 

To tour the new stuff, I still haven't got the album vinyl from bleep, ordered it at the same time as that dj fokus repress which they never got apparently 

oh thats shite about squarepusher.... the end of Vicar st Ae reminded me of his speeds/momentum/vibe. I hope they continue this... but it was a special end and everyone saw the boise nod to each oher before th "speedcrank" - pun intended

On 3/27/2024 at 12:52 PM, neurone said:

so do you have a ticket to re-sell for the 7th april show in rennes ?

if so, I could maybe bring a friend there and he could drive so I could go !!!!     I was about te re-sell my ticket but I'm holding this back right now.

let me know, PM me please thanks.

Dont sell your ticket yet! I’m still deciding and will let you know next week 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2024 at 6:16 PM, auxien said:

Oh snap you must have seen Ae before they started playing only in sub-dungenous lighting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ski Nell said:

is dancing allowed at the event?

This reminds me of that time I went with my friend (who is not familiar with Autechre and just went with me because of our friendship) to his first Autechre concert. I wanted it to be a complete surprise for him, so I told him to not look anything up about them. I was so excited to experience his complete shock to these alien sounds. So, mise-en-scène, me and my friend standing in some ragged old building, high on molly, excited for the show to start, and the lights turn off, and music starts playing. After about ten minutes, I asked him what he thought of the music. He was completely blown away and thanked me for convincing him to go with me. This, together with the molly, gave me a profound feeling of euphoria, so I leaned over to my right and hugged him and squeezed his butt. I returned to my place, closed my eyes, and drifted away. After 30 minutes of darkness, a piercing red made me open my eyes; they had turned on the lights. I felt like Caravaggio's "Boy bitten by a lizard", completely frozen by the shock upon seeing my friend dancing. Before I could make him stop, the security tackled him and dragged him away. I started to profusely sweat. His screaming mixed with the hysterical crying of a man three rows up left me unable to think. Pretending I didn't know him, I started to mumble-sing Avril 14th to myself for comfort, while his voice slowly faded away. Tunnel vision made me unable to locate the exit sign. The lights turned off, and palinopsia seared the image of a woman giving birth into my vision.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Wunderbar said:

This reminds me of that time I went with my friend (who is not familiar with Autechre and just went with me because of our friendship) to his first Autechre concert. I wanted it to be a complete surprise for him, so I told him to not look anything up about them. I was so excited to experience his complete shock to these alien sounds. So, mise-en-scène, me and my friend standing in some ragged old building, high on molly, excited for the show to start, and the lights turn off, and music starts playing. After about ten minutes, I asked him what he thought of the music. He was completely blown away and thanked me for convincing him to go with me. This, together with the molly, gave me a profound feeling of euphoria, so I leaned over to my right and hugged him and squeezed his butt. I returned to my place, closed my eyes, and drifted away. After 30 minutes of darkness, a piercing red made me open my eyes; they had turned on the lights. I felt like Caravaggio's "Boy bitten by a lizard", completely frozen by the shock upon seeing my friend dancing. Before I could make him stop, the security tackled him and dragged him away. I started to profusely sweat. His screaming mixed with the hysterical crying of a man three rows up left me unable to think. Pretending I didn't know him, I started to mumble-sing Avril 14th to myself for comfort, while his voice slowly faded away. Tunnel vision made me unable to locate the exit sign. The lights turned off, and palinopsia seared the image of a woman giving birth into my vision.

beautiful story.

reminds me of when i took my ex to an autechre concert. haven't seen her since.

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • Burger 1

Hi folks, re-selling my ticket for AE live 07 04 2024 @ Antipode / Rennes / France

it seems no one  was interested here (according to my previous posts, got no response) but in case someone is interested now, here it is :

https://reelax-tickets.com/e/n/autechre-antipode/achat/144031?token=V7qkWINrChZp-7cj9Bbtp&entryToken=jlSA74RTsHhMm-tIKgrDX

On 3/28/2024 at 5:47 PM, fairuzosman said:

Dont sell your ticket yet! I’m still deciding and will let you know next week 

Hi @Fairuzosman, thanks for your proposition, but I didn't find a friend to drive me up there, and the date is getting close so I have to re-sell it now.

• Sad 1