I can't get the logo to display whatsoever so pretend it's here.

14th June - 14th July 2024

All qualified teams:

Albania

Austria

Belgium

Croatia

Czech Republic

Denmark

England

France

Georgia

Germany

Hungary

Italy

Netherlands

Poland

Portugal

Romania

Scotland

Serbia

Slovakia

Slovenia

Spain

Switzerland

Turkey

Ukraine

Edited by milkface

France must be the favourites, Germany probably close second because of the home advantage.

I like Portugal as well.

England will clear their group stage with two 1-0 wins and a 0-0 draw, will be hailed as champions by the english media, and then get knocked out in the QFs after winning on penalties in the RO16 match.

Not going to happen, look at the opposition. This isn’t the old Saesneg iteration of trying to argue over who gets into central midfield pair of a 4-4-2, with people bickering over Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes.

Kane & Bellingham up front in a 4-3-3? They could easily go all the way with a favourable draw as group winners.

IMG_4664.gif.4199beece22938ae2e87e5e0d0cb6d78.gif

3 hours ago, cwmbrancity said:

Not going to happen, look at the opposition. This isn’t the old Saesneg iteration of trying to argue over who gets into central midfield pair of a 4-4-2, with people bickering over Lampard, Gerrard or Scholes.

Kane & Bellingham up front in a 4-3-3? They could easily go all the way with a favourable draw as group winners.

IMG_4664.gif.4199beece22938ae2e87e5e0d0cb6d78.gif

Good going forward but the English defense is shambolic. A half-crocked Luke Shaw is their best left back, Gareth will play Dunk and Stones far too much, which leaves Kyle Walker as the only reliable defender, unless the germans throw a load of birds his way so he can expand his family. Then plus the need to please the English public and shoehorn Alexander-Arnold into the side somehow and it doesn't bode well.

Just realized Saka just coming off an injury as well, and he's the second leading scorer after 'arry.

My heart says England but my brain says France or Germany. French midfield of Camavinga and Tchouameni is superb. Mbappe and Griezmann obviously good. French defense solid as well.

Germany at home, last hurrah for Kroos and all that. Plus they actually have a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net (Fullkrug). Just remains to  be seen which Neuer shows up - the golden boy or the one who fucked up to let Real Madrid back in the semi-final this year.

Always watch as much Euro and World Cup matches as I can, just never post on it. I would also find it rather amusing if England got knocked out the group stages so I don't have to hear the spectacular Brain Drain Mantra that is 'Its coming home It's coming home Footballs coming home!  Over and over and over.....

😐💥🔫

Edited by beerwolf
7 hours ago, chenGOD said:

England with the first of their 1-0 wins. Draw against the Danes and another 1-0 against Slovenia. 

I think you might be right, however, after yesterday's performance, I fancy taking a bet on Denmark beating England (9/2).

Boring game yesterday, typical England. Serbia didn't look too bad, they had some good chances. 

Found out I've got Georgia in the work sweepstake. Oh no. 

10 minutes ago, Scaramouche said:

I think you might be right, however, after yesterday's performance, I fancy taking a bet on Denmark beating England (9/2).

not a terrible punt to be honest.

1 hour ago, Mattthegoone said:

the Scots they can pronounce it whatever way they like 

Listening to fucking Souness continues to pronounce Gundogan's last name like he's some character from the Star Wars prequels is fucking hilarious and sad at the same time.

Austria unlucky not to get anything out of that match, but they really lack a striker. Their system was really good at shutting down France for most of the match.

Portugal very overconfident and sloppy against the Czechs. Lucky to get the win.

Also good christ can someone please tell BBC that Danny Murphy should never be allowed to do commentary on a match.

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Austria unlucky not to get anything out of that match, but they really lack a striker. Their system was really good at shutting down France for most of the match.

Portugal very overconfident and sloppy against the Czechs. Lucky to get the win.

Also good christ can someone please tell BBC that Danny Murphy should never be allowed to do commentary on a match.

ITV have Ali McCoishst. Swings & roundabouts.