IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

Oh god the thought of running something like the new 909 boutique through the Deco is making me drool....that would make drum machines sound fucking amazing

P.S. Speaking of electric guitars, I don't think I've shown WATMM my new guitar....I don't have a cellphone but the dude I bought it from made some videos with it, so I'm gonna try to find one and brb...

Bah can't find it...but it's a lefty version of this:

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--IPcw9wls--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1465754310/clszl38wddgffbdzbssq.jpg

I must say, i am usually a champion of "junk" gear, but this thing is a joy to play...I blew all of my savings on it a few months ago (after deciding to take guitar seriously again) and it was worth every penny...

and you can't make the thing sound bad...with a wood pick, played up near the fretboard, with the neck pickup through a Fender tube amp...oh Jesus it's just like slow-motion honey

Bah can't find it...but it's a lefty version of this:

https://reverb-res.cloudinary.com/image/upload/s--IPcw9wls--/a_exif,c_limit,f_auto,fl_progressive,g_south,h_620,q_auto:eco,w_620/v1465754310/clszl38wddgffbdzbssq.jpg

I must say, i am usually a champion of "junk" gear, but this thing is a joy to play...I blew all of my savings on it a few months ago (after deciding to take guitar seriously again) and it was worth every penny...

and you can't make the thing sound bad...with a wood pick, played up near the fretboard, with the neck pickup through a Fender tube amp...oh Jesus it's just like slow-motion honey

That's beautiful! I love hollow bodies. I always wanted a nice Gretsch, but I was happy with my Telecaster Squire.

Tele's have some sort of magical allure...my ex used to have a (lefty) MIM tele and I loved playing it so much...something about it just feels right

I've been studying the more metal-y side of texhnique, and I stumbled upon some vids of John 5 doing some amazing shit on a tele...him and Greg Koch (pronounced "cock") and Danny Gatton...(I was always annoyed that jazz guitarists ignored techniques usually found in metal and country...lotta untapped potential there...speaking of which I started learning tapping lol)

Oh man, I also really want that new Kurt Cobain jaguar...I've loved that design ever since I was 11 when Guitar World did a layout of KC's guitar design sketches...so sexy

Guest Chesney

yes limpy, that looks amazing. Bet it's a joy.

The strymon pedals are expensive but damn do they sound good.

And I use a rat too ;)

Edited by Chesney

Koch and Gatton are familiar to me, but I never dived into their stuff. I'll give it a go. I love unique guitar players who are do their own thing like John Fahey, Leo Kottke, Mick Barr, Link Wray, etc.

Well the thing is...I don't necessarily like their (Kock, Gatton) music...but I think there is a lot to be learned about their approach to the guitar...

Danny Gatton especially is a poet and a wizard on the ol' tele...just the attitude of using volume knobs or pickup toggle switch for musical purposes is inspiring...

Anyway, I kinda think (most) jazz guitarists are the most insular musicians on the planet...like, the ones who can actually play over changes all sound like they refuse to listen to any music made after 1960...and the ones who do cool shit (e.g. Marc Ribot, Nels Cline) can't actually play over changes...and I think it has to do with the concept of "moral purity" (like, for the same reason someone might be icked out by GMO foods or getting a tattoo or swearing in public...is the same reason they won't draw from sources outside of jazz...)

Anyways, there only seems to be a small handful of exceptions to this...

Oh p.s. I love John Fahey and that whole country-blues lineage...Mississippi John Hurt is one of my favorite musicians of all time...

A couple months ago I found an old 60's Mel Bay book of country-blues tunes/tabs...really just some of the most hauntingly beautiful music I've ever heard...

John Hurt can somehow turn simple open chords (major chord, no less) into the most tormented and plaintive sounds a guitar can make...I know that's eye-rollingly cliche, but goddamn...I've been fiddling with a solo-guitar arrangement of "Nobody Cares For Me" for the last couple months, and it still hits me in the gut every time I hear it

:( both out of stock

If you look it up, there are circuit schematics for older or even current versions of the elektrosluch.  Also, Hackaday did a tutorial on something similar a few months ago.  MAKE DA TINGZ YURSELF~

Oh p.s. I love John Fahey and that whole country-blues lineage...Mississippi John Hurt is one of my favorite musicians of all time...

Yeah, I spiraled into a Fahey youtube cyclone last night. So good. I love all the old country-blues stuff from the 20s and 30s, and from the 60s resurgeance thanks to people like Pete Seeger. There's a deep expression of faith that's so alluring.

I'm not that versed on jazz guitar other than some Metheny and Breau really. Not for lack of enjoyment in it than never really getting around to getting deeper into it.

Dude, I live 1.5 blocks from where Lenny Breau lived (in Portland, ME)...I took a lesson from one of his old students a few months ago and got to listen to him tell Lenny stories for 4 hours...

That's awesome! I didn't know you were in Maine. Breau was amazing.

Dude, I live 1.5 blocks from where Lenny Breau lived (in Portland, ME)...I took a lesson from one of his old students a few months ago and got to listen to him tell Lenny stories for 4 hours...

If I went to a lesson and some dude told me stories all day long I'd be like: "This is great and all- but you're a horrible teacher. ...Seriously."

:( both out of stock

If you look it up, there are circuit schematics for older or even current versions of the elektrosluch.  Also, Hackaday did a tutorial on something similar a few months ago.  MAKE DA TINGZ YURSELF~

yes, yes i no! i saw it. but i'm not that desperate ;) i'm just gonna wait...

I badly want that Tascam tape recorder - purely for the fact it has a speed/pitch knob. I actually had a dream last night that I fucked my mates off, because they wouldn't sell me their pitch shifting cassette recorders.

Hey, guys- Can I have some money? For life improvement purposes, that is. Like maybe if I sell a drawing to a thousand WATMM members- for $200 each- I can bank $200,000 and use that towards making some fucking wicked acid lines.

Hey, guys- Can I have some money? For life improvement purposes, that is. Like maybe if I sell a drawing to a thousand WATMM members- for $200 each- I can bank $200,000 and use that towards making some fucking wicked acid lines.

depends on the quality of the drawing tbqh

still have those lovely shirts? i could buy few drawings of them