IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

^very nice find, I wish I had that kind of luck!

Yeah, 2016 has been the best year for cheap/free gear I've had since I changed cities about 8 years ago.  $50 Korg i30, brand new Porter Case hard case/handtruck from work (fuckers had a $400+ MSRP before they discontinued the model), a few pedals from a guy at work including an early black Russian Big Muff modded with at least dour different diode combinations on a rotary switch (has more than 4 positions but a bunch of them sound the same) and now this, plus a few other things I didn't need and gave to friends.  I've got a few 80s cassette decks I found last week waiting to find good homes too (since they aren't good enough to be worth ebaying).

I actually jumped out of a slow-moving (like <2 mph) car to get that Wohler though.  When you drive by rack gear on the street you do what you've got to do.

Lol at the last bit. But really, good luck/good eyes/good city or neighborhoods/etc. I live in a tiny poor town in the south so I see 30 year old furniture and broken home decor on the roadsides. One day, though...it'll be something awesome. That Big Muff sounds pretty fun!

There are downside to living in neighborhoods full of college kids who have more money than you do, but their trash is a goldmine.

Edited by RSP

QQQ - Love the clean-but-not-sterile space, yo.  It makes me want to put menthol on my body and jam on guitar (play guitar noodling, not put jelly/jam on a guitar (noodling as in improv'ing, not Top Ramen)).

33jkzut.jpg

Liking the 3 bar fire, handy footstool.

all those cables dangling in front of it are a bit of a fire hazard though.

Edited by caze

• 2 weeks later...

33jkzut.jpg

bsUVZrk.jpg

Not as cramped now that I got a table. It takes up almost the whole width of the room.

How's the TB-3? I've been thinking about getting it but there seem to be other supposedly pretty accurate clones of the original

I had a TB-3 and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it...i sold mine and got an Analogic TT-303 instead. In my opinion it's much much better.

Yeah, thats what I would do (and am going to when ive got cash) 

also, dont overlook x0xb0x MarOS firmware

I had a TB-3 and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend it...i sold mine and got an Analogic TT-303 instead. In my opinion it's much much better.

yeah x0xb0x is also wicked...TT-303 has the looks down though :)

the TB-3 basically doesn't sound as good as either of the above (has a hard digital edge and can be aliasy) the accent is all fucked up and doesn't really work properly, the touchscreen control method is shit and it's not anywhere near as useful as the TT-303 or x0xb0x - e.g. no CV, limited pattern modes, that stupid scatter thing (which is really bad), no envmod knob etc. Roland dun fucked it up.

Edited by BCM

20160821_125651.jpg

mmmm how can i make it full size?

How do you like tge neumanns? I was about to buy them but i bought mnm and mn instead + other things. They're my next purchase, now that i've also bought a new interface and a midi sync box and a new comp, there's nothing else that i need in the hw world. Neumanns, you'r mine!

Guest hawaii

i love them, really.

i used to have a bigger studio and bigger monitors, so I miss that 'wild' and super loud feeling but these are great for a studio of that size you can see in the pic.

i tested them compared to focal, adams etc and i've taken Neumanns

it's a taste thing I guess tho

i can send or link some music that i've made on em if that makes sense?

33jkzut.jpg

bsUVZrk.jpg

Not as cramped now that I got a table. It takes up almost the whole width of the room.

How's the TB-3? I've been thinking about getting it but there seem to be other supposedly pretty accurate clones of the original

I like it. Whether it's a 100% faithful emulation of a TB-303 doesn't matter to me since I rarely use the vanilla TB-303 sounds on it. It has a bunch of different FX that make it sound nothing like a TB-303 and it's dirt cheap.

the TB-3 basically doesn't sound as good as either of the above (has a hard digital edge and can be aliasy) the accent is all fucked up and doesn't really work properly, the touchscreen control method is shit and it's not anywhere near as useful as the TT-303 or x0xb0x - e.g. no CV, limited pattern modes, that stupid scatter thing (which is really bad), no envmod knob etc. Roland dun fucked it up.

I never played with a real TB-303 or a clone, so I can't attest for authenticity in every possible aspect. But I feel I should focus on the positive of the TB-3 to yin your yang so to speak. :)

- The decay/env touch screen is different and a strange 'feature' instead of having decay and env knobs, but you get used to it. It also gives the ability to do sudden quick changes to decay and env compared to turning two knobs at once.

- At a maximum, you can chain eight 32 step patterns together. You can copy/paste/randomize patterns.

- The scatter is gimmicky, but you can control it via MIDI.  Some interesting things can come out of it if you just forget that it's supposed to sound like a TB-303 type of thing.

- It has a stupid amount of FX presets that make it sound completely different from a TB-303. It has different distortions, delays, reverbs, phasers, flangers, ringmods, white/pink noises, lead sounds, bass sounds, etc etc. All in stereo! And they are all tweakable to get a pretty good variety.

Really, Roland shouldn't have focused on the TB-303 aspect of it as it's more than that. To the average listener, I don't think they will notice a lack of authenticity in sound. It's just a fun box with crazy sounds.

MarOS is great but I put a CPU upgrade and n0nx0x in mine last winter and it's just fantastic. I do sometimes miss the gate time adjustment from MarOS though, you can get some really cool, rhythmic, almost clavinet sounding stuff out of it with really short gate times.

Edited by RSP

vermona drm drum machine.

how is it be born? you had it a bit now.

Probably should put this in the other forum, and don't expect anyone to listen to but here's my most recent work, 90% comes from the Vermona, a bit of the Volca Keys and the odd sample here and there;

[sc5]281146675[/sc5]

[sc5]275156462[/sc5]

[sc5]275154460[/sc5]

[sc5]281148868[/sc5]

This isn't from my artist account cause I've run out of minutes on there  :emb:

MarOS is great but I put a CPU upgrade and n0nx0x in mine last winter and it's just fantastic. I do sometimes miss the gate time adjustment from MarOS though, you can get some really cool, rhythmic, almost clavinet sounding stuff out of it with really short gate times.

what do you like about n0nx0x?  I noticed really good song modes, 64 bar, trigger pattern by midi note, that kind of thing...

I am quite interested in another x0x/tt 

e it away itle only love give it away itle only love give it away itle onl

Whaaaaat?