IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

wow that's great. I've got a basement room in our building. 3 locks on the door. :) I plan an arduino based security system once I can solve getting proper power in there. It's only like maybe 5 or 6m.

got me volcas

9M5QCHT.jpeg

Can't wait to hear what you do with it. I've been having fun lsitening to everyone's jams.

:cool:

here's my studio:

2014_05_06_22_46_01.jpg

picture she no load.

You know, you can make a rudimentary CCTV camera out of a Raspberry Pi...

say whaaaaa?

Cool link Zoe!! :biggrin:

Oh it could be much more than a rudimentary CCTV camera. :D It could tweet on motion detection, start recording on sensor input, call the cops etc. :D

Actually, last year some piece of shit stole our jack-o-lantern on halloween (that me and my 2 year old son made together) so this year I am going to make another with a raspi + webcam + car horn alarm system to catch the bitch in action. Then I will plaster the neighborhood with his/her photo. >:)

oh ok, yeh ive got the tweeters on earlevel too.. but vertically

how is the ground/noise? i find mine to be pretty noisy.. they go through a relatively cheap focusrite soundcard so i dunno

@ vincentvc : I have those speakers too and they shouldn't be noisy. Or wait, what do you mean with noisy ? Mine used to make noises (which I understood coming from a ground loop according to my searches. There was a static noise + some noises according to what I was doing on the pc. I remember that scrolling with the mouse was always a problem for example. Weird). I solved the problem by removing the ground in the speaker cables.

But if you're talking about standard (white like) noise, there's something wrong. Do the two of them produce this noise ?

PS. nice pic missingsense ! looks comfortable

Edited by Antape

yeah it's mainly static white noise. even if i remove the audio cables theres still static coming from the tweeters.. it's very quiet.

i suppose it's more of an electricity problem in the house? i've plugged them into different sockets on different levels of the house, they all give me white noise..

Guest The Bro

got me volcas

9M5QCHT.jpeg

got me volcas

9M5QCHT.jpeg

Nice! Where did you get your power supplies from as I'm looking to procure one for my bass? :D

@ vincentvc : I have those speakers too and they shouldn't be noisy. Or wait, what do you mean with noisy ? Mine used to make noises (which I understood coming from a ground loop according to my searches. There was a static noise + some noises according to what I was doing on the pc. I remember that scrolling with the mouse was always a problem for example. Weird). I solved the problem by removing the ground in the speaker cables.

But if you're talking about standard (white like) noise, there's something wrong. Do the two of them produce this noise ?

PS. nice pic missingsense ! looks comfortable

yeah it's mainly static white noise. even if i remove the audio cables theres still static coming from the tweeters.. it's very quiet.

i suppose it's more of an electricity problem in the house? i've plugged them into different sockets on different levels of the house, they all give me white noise..

yeah I've had some issues with groundloops and other hums in the past. still do, but I got the worst stuff out of it... just make sure that if you have ungrounded power, all of it comes from the same outlet. keep the audio and power cables as seperate as you can manage... and get balanced audio cables if your mixer and gear has balanced ins and outs for them!

if I put the volume way up I still hear lots of digital rumble and some ground, but it's no big deal.

btw I have the white noise too, comes with the speakers I guess... I remember the big ass expensive speakers we had at school also had this..

My new setup. Everything I need to make Autechre inspired tracks.

uPV7ySY.jpg

Sweet washing machine synth! And enough Budweiser for true creative inspiration.

Nice! Where did you get your power supplies from as I'm looking to procure one for my bass? :D

You can use any power supply with the correct specs. I stupidly ordered the 'real' Volca power supplies at Long & McQuade and I still haven't received them a month an half later. I could have bought a box of power supplies with amount I've spent on batteries.