IGNORED

Studio Pics

Guest brianellis

20140531_191216_zps84e93f46.jpg

A recent picture. I've added a Nord Drum (grabbed a 99USD one from Musician's Friend during the blowout) and two half-rack compressors aren't picture here, Joe Meek MC2 and FMR RNC.

Posted some photos ages ago but have changed things around a bit.

Not sure how I feel about the 707 on the floor, but damn, that's a nice setup!

Edited by chim

Went to guitar center, got a JJOS'ed mpc1000, ART Pro Channel 2 and some patch cables. They fucked up charging me and I got out of there for less than 525$!!! I got my channel strip for half price and it was brand new! I'm taking it as a sign from the gear-gods that I'm on the right path. Got home and slapped some JJECC803's in the ART unit and started being amazed at the power of outboard gear. I'm a changed man, no more software horse-honky, I'm stepping up to the big-boy-level and going balls deep into some new gear and choons.

Up next, DSI PRO-2, getting my Matrix-6r fixed, new mackie 8 channel mixer, selling the old monitors and grabbing a slick 6" + sub pack, dual opto-compressors, delay rack and a new firewire interface.

Glory. Yes, Glory.

Went to guitar center, got a JJOS'ed mpc1000, ART Pro Channel 2 and some patch cables. They fucked up charging me and I got out of there for less than 525$!!! I got my channel strip for half price and it was brand new! I'm taking it as a sign from the gear-gods that I'm on the right path. Got home and slapped some JJECC803's in the ART unit and started being amazed at the power of outboard gear. I'm a changed man, no more software horse-honky, I'm stepping up to the big-boy-level and going balls deep into some new gear and choons.

Up next, DSI PRO-2, getting my Matrix-6r fixed, new mackie 8 channel mixer, selling the old monitors and grabbing a slick 6" + sub pack, dual opto-compressors, delay rack and a new firewire interface.

Glory. Yes, Glory.

LOL...you've got it bad : ) enjoy.... I still use software, but am a hardware-head at heart... I like using both to have the best of both worlds...

Guest volg4

heres a pic of my battery portable gear before i took it travelling in ireland....

i've now added a yamaha qy10 for more battery portable midi sequence mayhem.... :music:

post-43-0-04809300-1405445505_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow i love the monitor setup!! very immediate and cosmetically pleasing.

what the hell is that mouse?

Multi-monitor setups are the only way to jack in, srs bzns. Every time I have to use a single monitor setup, I die inside. the two vertically oriented displays are 2x Dell 2412M 24" IPS displays (1920x1200 resolution) and the centre one is a Dell U3014 30" IPS display (2560x1600 resolution). I get a suntan every time I sit there of course.

The mouse is a Zowie FK 2014 edition gaming grade optical mouse. Worth every penny.

Those headphones look like the type that would crush your skull/being stuck in a vice.

They're AIAIAI TMA-1 Studios, I like them lots :3 And they're rather comfy

Those headphones look like the type that would crush your skull/being stuck in a vice.

Osc luv the pain, thus being a Reason user.

Edited by Audioblysk

Osc luv the pain, thus being a Reason user.

I'm actually moving away from Reason, and going to Reaper. I just still have projects in Reason that I wanna finish.

yes it is, it's a Happy Hacking Keyboard Pro 2, using Topre switches and it has PBT keycaps that are dye-sublimated so the legends don't wear off.

It was a very expensive board (even moreso since I had to import it to England from the US) but it's worth every single penny. Not only is it a dream to type on due to it's tactility, but the layout is also great. I type fastest on that board than I do on any other.

I use a mechanical board at work too, a CODE Keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches which is still really really nice, but I still much prefer my Topre board at home.

keyboads are one of those things, like displays and mice, that people generally don't really invest too much money or thought into. But they should, since those are the input devices that are used for hours and hours on end. Comfort and utility should be first and foremost with these devices, and I make no compromises there.

Yes, the shitty membrane keyboards and crappy mice 'do the job', but I prefer something that feels and operates better.

If you get a Topre board, and don't like it, don't worry - the resale value is still quite high, you'd only really lose out on postage / import costs of your initial purchase. check out geekhack.org for more info and a twoism-like obsession with keyboards ;)