IGNORED

New Autechre/Hafler Trio collaboration

Guest Ephphatha

Cool. Should I be tracking down the first two releases then? Never heard them before. What sort of stuff is it?

Haven't heard them either.

fanx

@Feltcher: It's really sparse, minimal and echoey. Something you play in the dark for the atmospheres more than listen to on the move. Know what I mean?

You'll likely listen to them once or twice but not again for ages. That's not to say it's bad, I quite like them but you have to be in a certain state of mind. Gorgeous packaging as is to be expected from Hafler Trio.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the latest Die Stadt newsletter:

"Andrew McKenzie has confirmed that he can put the finishing (re)touches to

the master within the next 6 weeks. Part of the reason for the long delay

stems from his difficulties to get access to the right equipment where he

resides at the moment. This problem is now being solved.

The final release date is set for September 2010."

hmmm

Is this what you read?

http://www.diestadtmusik.de/mail_order.html

This looks to me like it was posted mid 2009. Do you have a link to what you read?

Guest khurmookum

No, it's not. I'm on Die Stadt's mailing list because I preordered the ae/h3o thingy ages ago. The text is from a mail I received end of may 2010.

No, it's not. I'm on Die Stadt's mailing list because I preordered the ae/h3o thingy ages ago. The text is from a mail I received end of may 2010.

Kewl... Thanks for that!

Also, if you don't mind asking - how did you make a pre-order at Die Stadt? It's good to know you can pre-calm before the release date is even concrete.

Guest khurmookum

Kewl... Thanks for that!

Also, if you don't mind asking - how did you make a pre-order at Die Stadt? It's good to know you can pre-calm before the release date is even concrete.

Funny question - I wrote a mail to Jochen of Die Stadt asking whether he could reserve a copy for me if I paid for it in advance. He immediately replied yes, put me on his mailing list and has been updating me regulerly with sad news of postponements and more postponements. Knowing what a difficult chap Mr. MacK. is, I was prepared for a looong wait, actually.

Don't know why they don't seem to update their website, but every 3 months or so there's a full update in mail form.

Guest zami

Kewl... Thanks for that!

Funny question - I wrote a mail to Jochen of Die Stadt asking whether he could reserve a copy for me if I paid for it in advance. He immediately replied yes, put me on his mailing list and has been updating me regulerly with sad news of postponements and more postponements. Knowing what a difficult chap Mr. MacK. is, I was prepared for a looong wait, actually.

Don't know why they don't seem to update their website, but every 3 months or so there's a full update in mail form.

Nice one! Cheers for the info.

it's not really something that a sample can do justice - at least not the second one anyway, it's so minimal and quiet that you can barely hear it most of the time. there are occasional bursts of trademark autechre glitch though.

Guest commercial

From the latest Die Stadt newsletter:

"...Part of the reason for the long delay

stems from his difficulties to get access to the right equipment where he

resides at the moment. .."

? Estonia can accept post and couriers as far as I know, what is this supposed to really mean, if anything?

I used to live in a village hundreds of miles from any decent record shop in the 1970's but it didn't stop

me getting interesting music through the post, surely the 'not on my doorstep' idea is fairly redundant

with the internet easily at almost anyone's fingertips? Sounds like another bogus stalling point to me so

why does he even bother making it at all? I'd rather just be told it hasn't been done because he was doing

something else or he has lost interest in it being released.

Guest commercial

He always likes a drama doesn't he ?!

I know, I know (sigh), but what good does it do anyone, including himself?

if burning bridges with a great deal of people in the experimental music scene can be defined as 'good' then perhaps that's why he does it. I think some people get off on forcing themselves into isolation or cutting old ties.

Guest commercial

if burning bridges with a great deal of people in the experimental music scene can be defined as 'good' then perhaps that's why he does it. I think some people get off on forcing themselves into isolation or cutting old ties.

Well, quite, painting yourself into a corner as a strategy of validity..?

There's a lot of good people out there that are only interested in getting interesting music released, they don't make money out of it,

and are usually losing money on their productions if packaging like the h3o items are part of it, then to curse those people as he did

to many labels like important and korm plastics is just too much. The main problem with all of this is that it shouldn't be in the public

domain at all, if he has a problem with someone on business he should deal with it PRIVATELY, it detracts from and taints the work,

there's a lot of amazing h3o albums but people get put off because off all the public crap, the arguments and rubbish... that's what

people get to know him by, not 'amazing sonics' but 'he's a difficult guy to deal with'. sad.

and don't mean to be a 'hater' but his music has been awfully boring for a very long time. His early h30 stuff is stunning and very innovative. I'm just not a fan of his overwhelming output of bland and predictable drone music.

other people doing similar things around the same time deserve equal attention, for starters Nocturnal Emissions.

• 2 months later...
Guest khurmookum

Just in case anyone's interested, I got this update from Die Stadt yesterday.....

"Hallo,

Here's a new list + the lastest news regarding the next releases on Die

Stadt.

No, the autechre & h3o collaboration Part the Third is not ready yet. I got

news from Andrew McKenzie yesterday. He has the opportunity to finish the

masters only beginning of October when he'll reside in the US for some time,

and where he'll personally hand over the finished thing to Simply

Superior, who will take care of the pressing of the discs. So we are looking

for a release in November at the moment, but as delays with busy pressing

plants and printing companies may occur any time, let's say you'll have this

under your Christmas tree at the latest !

h3o, Simply Superior and Die Stadt are all EXTREMELY grateful for your

patience."

-----Rather predictable =)

Just in case anyone's interested, I got this update from Die Stadt yesterday.....

"Hallo,

Here's a new list + the lastest news regarding the next releases on Die

Stadt.

No, the autechre & h3o collaboration Part the Third is not ready yet. I got

news from Andrew McKenzie yesterday. He has the opportunity to finish the

masters only beginning of October when he'll reside in the US for some time,

and where he'll personally hand over the finished thing to Simply

Superior, who will take care of the pressing of the discs. So we are looking

for a release in November at the moment, but as delays with busy pressing

plants and printing companies may occur any time, let's say you'll have this

under your Christmas tree at the latest !

h3o, Simply Superior and Die Stadt are all EXTREMELY grateful for your

patience."

-----Rather predictable =)

Hey nice work man, cheers for investigating :beer:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Krishve

"World premiere of "ah3eo / ha3oe" - The third collaboration between Autechre & The Hafler Trio, free admittance"

Link to the event at the Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus, Denmark

Video and a 5.1 DTS surround format soundtrack. Playing time: Several hours... At least three, according to "the people who know" :-)

It's in Denmark and I'm going to be there. I'll post a review after the event.

Krishve

Guest khurmookum

Beforehand, you need to acquire the world's most advanced secret recording equipment...I'm sure you thought of that already.

Aarhus, Denmark. So near yet so far

sigh

"World premiere of "ah3eo / ha3oe" - The third collaboration between Autechre & The Hafler Trio, free admittance"

Link to the event at the Royal Academy of Music, Aarhus, Denmark

Video and a 5.1 DTS surround format soundtrack. Playing time: Several hours... At least three, according to "the people who know" :-)

It's in Denmark and I'm going to be there. I'll post a review after the event.

Krishve

this sounds stunning.

Archived