IGNORED

New Autechre/Hafler Trio collaboration

Guest Ephphatha

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe the joke's on us. the last one was quite considerably more minimal than the first, perhaps this one is just three hours of silence in 5.1? and the show was so minimal that they didn't invite anyone, or perhaps people turned up to watch a blank stage for a few hours?

Guest commercial

silence in 5.1... that's just genius, you haven't heard silence until you've heard it in 5.1

hopefully it'll come in an invisible package too,

careful not to drop it when you open the jiffy, you may never find it.

silence in 5.1... that's just genius, you haven't heard silence until you've heard it in 5.1

hopefully it'll come in an invisible package too,

careful not to drop it when you open the jiffy, you may never find it.

http://www.archive.org/details/JohnHidalgoBarnesThesoundofsilence

"a mockumentary film about recording artists and engineers who try to capture the perfect sound of silence"

No-one liked the last two (apart from audiophiles and people who pretended to like it).

So i will be avoiding this at all costs.

• 5 months later...

I just picked up Aeo3 3hae off e-bay for not too much money which is pretty cool. No word on this third installment yet though, and no reviews either.

Is the first in the series worth buying if I get the chance?

I just picked up Aeo3 3hae off e-bay for not too much money which is pretty cool. No word on this third installment yet though, and no reviews either.

Is the first in the series worth buying if I get the chance?

Oh definitely. I like the first better than the second actually.

And seriously - what happened to this? You can't tease me with 5.1 Autechre mind warp drone and then never release it.

Guest uiert

I called the venue a few days in advance and they said that it was due as planned. I didn´t attend however.

Guest khurmookum

so.............. how goes it?

got this e-mail today from DIE STADT:

----------------

IT'S DONE (almost...) !

The Discs of the Third Part of the AUTECHRE&THE HAFLER TRIO collaboration

have arrived from the US pressing plant already, and have been approved by

the artist. The special cover and other printing matter is being produced

while you read this, and will be professionally assembled by hand in the

last weeks of May. I'll send out the first copies beginning of June. A BIG

THANKS to everyone of you who have waited for so long.

-----------------

so, we'll see...

:crazy:

Simply Superior has been updated:

"ah³eo & ha³oe by Autechre & The Hafler Trio

The next installment of the enthralling collaboration 'twixt h3o and those likely lads Autechre is ready to see the light of day on Die Stadt and Simply Superior. This should make the previous two glow again with renewed ardour, and provide a couple of answers, but many, many more questions.

This release will come in a special format: double Audio DVD (5.1. Version), each disc featuring 2 hours of music. Due to the special nature of the format this title will come in a limited edition of 1000 copies."

:cisfor:

They must have done that just a few minutes after you made your last post on the 12th as when I clicked your link it went to the news you just posted !

I wonder when we get to pre-order the bastard ?!

They must have done that just a few minutes after you made your last post on the 12th as when I clicked your link it went to the news you just posted !

I wonder when we get to pre-order the bastard ?!

Thats what I was thinking, its definitely been updated since the 12th.

Over the weekend I picked up a mint copy of the first release off e-bay, so I definitely want this new one to complete the set!

exciting news, but why the need for 2 x DVD if it's only 2 hours of 5.1 audio? As far as i understand a standard DVD even with the added video content can hold around 4-5 hours of 5.1 audio

Guest sickboy

exciting news, but why the need for 2 x DVD if it's only 2 hours of 5.1 audio? As far as i understand a standard DVD even with the added video content can hold around 4-5 hours of 5.1 audio

whine whine whine all the fucking time

yey hay tho !!

asking a technical question about the format (when i most definity plan on buying it) is characterized as whining? what kind of twat are you?

in other news, im very excited about Autechre's first surround sound release, regardless of the price. If it has video then i'm even more excited

maybe it's designed to be played on two systems, for a 10.2 experience

Archived