IGNORED

New Autechre/Hafler Trio collaboration

Guest Ephphatha

Guest ComicMaster

I'm kinda looking forward to this. When I'm the mood for droning Noise honestly their collabs are quite awesome. But when I'm not, its just "Yeah, I like those despite what everyone says its just that I only listen to them like hardly ever -- only when I'm in the mood for them." 4 hours of music...god damn. Only Autechre. Its the Alternative to Autechre music. If you still want the Autechre level of crazy experiementation but you don't like Autechre's regular music, you can turn to their hafler trio collabs for some sick drone/noise. Four hours of it...god damn.

Edit: Actually I just read that its gonna be in 5.1 Surround Sound. For this type of music that alone just got me excited.

• Replies 510
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Listening to the 45min interview with Sean Booth reminded me of this because he said it would be coming out "within the year", but I'm sure that interview is a few years old now and it's supposed to have been finished already!

Listening to the 45min interview with Sean Booth reminded me of this because he said it would be coming out "within the year", but I'm sure that interview is a few years old now and it's supposed to have been finished already!

Actually, how fucking old is this interview? I can't tell. All I know is that Inhake2 is playing throughout the whole thing.

Guest Spittal

I think we should connect the dots of where the interviews happened on Google earth...

That will reveal some serious shit.

i don't think this will ever come out. andrew mackenzie had a hissy fit and pulled the plug on his mailing list and all his websites (save "simply superior") about a year ago and hasn't been heard from since. if you want to buy any new material from him he wants $500 per copy, payable in advance of him actually working on anything.

i used to really enjoy andrews work, but his attitude became unbearable. he'd even lash out at the people trying to help him release his works. korm plastics bent over backwards to get the re-release series put together to andrews specifications (even going so far as to mail out, for free, new booklets for the sea org because the colors were off on the initial run) and he freaked out on them and ended the series early. thats how he's always operated though, and he's always the victim (in his own mind).

also, just checked the die stadt website. it hasn't been updated in 7 months. wonder if they're even operational at this point.

i don't think this will ever come out. andrew mackenzie had a hissy fit and pulled the plug on his mailing list and all his websites (save "simply superior") about a year ago and hasn't been heard from since. if you want to buy any new material from him he wants $500 per copy, payable in advance of him actually working on anything.

i used to really enjoy andrews work, but his attitude became unbearable. he'd even lash out at the people trying to help him release his works. korm plastics bent over backwards to get the re-release series put together to andrews specifications (even going so far as to mail out, for free, new booklets for the sea org because the colors were off on the initial run) and he freaked out on them and ended the series early. thats how he's always operated though, and he's always the victim (in his own mind).

also, just checked the die stadt website. it hasn't been updated in 7 months. wonder if they're even operational at this point.

wow, i haven't heard anything to his extent before. Most of the people i know who've worked with him didn't go that far, but maybe they were holding back.

I am inclined to believe most if not all of what you say here though.

Guest Greg Reason

Wow what a classic thread, some truly misguided hating on the first few pages...

I hope they bring this out soon, I was ready enough back when it was announced n now I'm just hanging for it!

Guest theSun

i gave the first of these albums one more shot yesterday and i can't think of any time i would actually want to listen to it again. am i missing something? there's some interesting little glitches but it's not as if anything sounds like it took more than a farts worth of time to shit out.

maybe cutting up and rearranging some of these sounds would make it more enjoyable. really though, i think ae releases this minimal stuff a. it's easy to make and b. it helps pays the bills. it's like they're just not trying to make it interesting.

maybe cutting up and rearranging some of these sounds would make it more enjoyable. really though, i think ae releases this minimal stuff a. it's easy to make and b. it helps pays the bills. it's like they're just not trying to make it interesting.

i don't think it's because it pays the bills but i think Autechre is almost being reactionary, making a REALLY boring drone album (even for drone standards it's not very good) to the crowds of people who expect them to be innovative and groundbreaking. Its like they almost don't want to please this crowd anymore, it's been in part the bane of their existence and possibly why they've felt the need to change so drastically in the last 3 albums.

• 2 months later...

What's happened to this???

i don't think this will ever come out. andrew mackenzie had a hissy fit and pulled the plug on his mailing list and all his websites (save "simply superior") about a year ago and hasn't been heard from since. if you want to buy any new material from him he wants $500 per copy, payable in advance of him actually working on anything.i used to really enjoy andrews work, but his attitude became unbearable. he'd even lash out at the people trying to help him release his works. korm plastics bent over backwards to get the re-release series put together to andrews specifications (even going so far as to mail out, for free, new booklets for the sea org because the colors were off on the initial run) and he freaked out on them and ended the series early. thats how he's always operated though, and he's always the victim (in his own mind).also, just checked the die stadt website. it hasn't been updated in 7 months. wonder if they're even operational at this point.

Guest theSun

ae should leak this so we all get it for free* lol

*about what the last 2 were worth*

/sorry

Guest victorian sewer rituals

don't be sorry! haha i also feel that the other collabs weren't that exciting. and this is coming from someone who loves luca miti's mansions. of course i would still seek out and buy a new collab but hey, i'm hopelessly in love.

Damn, that's a shame, not really a huge fan of what they did musically on the last two albums but I really like the way they're packaged.

• 3 weeks later...

I hope someday the three of them release the DVD album, their last two releases revealed what a live power source can do while trying to escape through your loudspeakers. The sound of aeo/h3o is an existence all on it's own, You just have to open the mind vents for it to eat you. I agree that it's an acquired taste, but I don't agree that just wanting to pay the bills gave the collaboration it's end result and the end, I hope not.

Guest somebloke

'ae3o & h3ae' and 'aeo3 & 3hae' were really killer releases. If you didn't like it, make sure you're giving them a chance to work under 'the right conditions' before putting them away - you know, removing distractions and all that. Seriously, these are really good and I'd hate to see them neglected.

I'll lurk again now.

Guest khurmookum

From the latest Die Stadt newsletter:

"Andrew McKenzie has confirmed that he can put the finishing (re)touches to

the master within the next 6 weeks. Part of the reason for the long delay

stems from his difficulties to get access to the right equipment where he

resides at the moment. This problem is now being solved.

The final release date is set for September 2010."

hmmm

Cool. Should I be tracking down the first two releases then? Never heard them before. What sort of stuff is it?

Haven't heard them either.

Archived