IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Guest peaches

GTA: the ballad of gay tony. I like the new stuff. the APC is awesome, literally. I was in awe at how much destruction I was causing when I first hopped into it.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

half life 2 with the orange box about 7 hours into it now, such a good game, i got the orange box for £9!

i never have felt such tension in ANY game i've ever played on any console

apparently im going to be disappointed with ep.1 bur awesomed out with ep.2

we;ll see.

orange box is the best value THING ever produced in the history of things

start on team fortress 2 chris moss acid

there's a thread

and then portal... a landmark in gaming

such a good buy

Joyrex what did you get your platinum's on? I'm too impatient to put the effort into getting one myself.

I'm still unsure about the new Final Fantasy, getting mixed reactions. Probably will still buy it though. Way more excited for Heavy Rain & God of War 3

Well, you could click on my PSN thing in my signature, but in short:

Tekken 6

Mini Ninjas

Burnout Paradise

Little Big Planet

I try to get 100% on games (I'm trying to get 100% on PixelJunk Shooter at the moment, and then after that go back to get 100% on Killzone 2), but I don't dwell on them until I do - I go back and forth between new and old games.

I'm back playing Lost Odyssey. It's a good game but there's so much about it that frustrates me, the amount of times I thought to myself if I was a game developer I would have done things a different way ie a better way.

Actually, I'm getting fucked off with these J-RPG's and their zero character development. Also, what is it with villains in these games? We have these amazing graphics and so much space for emotive expressions and realistic mo cap, but yet they have to define who's the bad guy by giving him a nazi haircut with an evil goatee and give him a scene where he laughs arrogantly and evilly about some evil deed he's just done before taking a podium and convincing the people of his nation in about two seconds to be incredibly pro-war.

Also, I know it's a fantasy world and all that shit, but what is with the DOGSHIT costumes in these games? Why do I have to watch a scene where a ten year old girl in a miniskirt is walking around a frozen tundra and is not freezing to death?

You know what I'd like? A parody RPG. A proper well made one too. It's one thing that games lack - comedy games. Especially GOOD comedy. RPG's are a genre so ripe for parody too. I might just write it.

Yeah, good game though.

Recently played Noby Noby Boy, it's REALLLY FUN!

Yeah, to an extent - it gets a bit dull after awhile, but it's fun to mess around with. Nowhere near as fun as Katamari.

I'm back playing Lost Odyssey. It's a good game but there's so much about it that frustrates me, the amount of times I thought to myself if I was a game developer I would have done things a different way ie a better way.

Actually, I'm getting fucked off with these J-RPG's and their zero character development. Also, what is it with villains in these games? We have these amazing graphics and so much space for emotive expressions and realistic mo cap, but yet they have to define who's the bad guy by giving him a nazi haircut with an evil goatee and give him a scene where he laughs arrogantly and evilly about some evil deed he's just done before taking a podium and convincing the people of his nation in about two seconds to be incredibly pro-war.

Also, I know it's a fantasy world and all that shit, but what is with the DOGSHIT costumes in these games? Why do I have to watch a scene where a ten year old girl in a miniskirt is walking around a frozen tundra and is not freezing to death?

You know what I'd like? A parody RPG. A proper well made one too. It's one thing that games lack - comedy games. Especially GOOD comedy. RPG's are a genre so ripe for parody too. I might just write it.

Yeah, good game though.

Shame you don' t have a PS3 - there's a game coming out in May called 3D Dot Game Heroes that is basically an homage to 8-bit Zelda and other 8-bit games from that era and the whole story/plot is tongue firmly planted in cheek:

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/

Shame you don' t have a PS3 - there's a game coming out in May called 3D Dot Game Heroes that is basically an homage to 8-bit Zelda and other 8-bit games from that era and the whole story/plot is tongue firmly planted in cheek:

http://www.3ddotgameheroes.com/

Looks decent. I'm thinking of snapping up a PS3 later this year anyway, fancy having a cheap blu-ray player. Got an amazing TV going to waste!

Joyrex what did you get your platinum's on? I'm too impatient to put the effort into getting one myself.

I'm still unsure about the new Final Fantasy, getting mixed reactions. Probably will still buy it though. Way more excited for Heavy Rain & God of War 3

Tekken 6

Mini Ninjas

Burnout Paradise

Little Big Planet

I try to get 100% on games (I'm trying to get 100% on PixelJunk Shooter at the moment, and then after that go back to get 100% on Killzone 2), but I don't dwell on them until I do - I go back and forth between new and old games.

Ya, I haven't got a platinum trophy yet. But I just rented Mini Ninjas in hope to get that one. Apparently you can get the platinum from playing once through as long as you get all the trophies. So I'm following this game with a walkthrough to make sure I get it. I don"t usually use a walkthrough, so it feels a bit like cheating... But I want that bloody platinum trophy!

Tekken 6

Mini Ninjas

Burnout Paradise

Little Big Planet

Ya, I haven't got a platinum trophy yet. But I just rented Mini Ninjas in hope to get that one. Apparently you can get the platinum from playing once through as long as you get all the trophies. So I'm following this game with a walkthrough to make sure I get it. I don"t usually use a walkthrough, so it feels a bit like cheating... But I want that bloody platinum trophy!

Mini Ninjas is really fun - it reminds me of Legend of Zelda: Windwaker in terms of cuteness and graphic style (they borrow a bit too heavily from LoZ's cell-shaded style IMO, but still looks amazing), and it's got a decent playtime. We did it in about 3 days, playing about 2-3 hours a day, perhaps a bit more getting all the trophies.

Joyrex what did you get your platinum's on? I'm too impatient to put the effort into getting one myself.I'm still unsure about the new Final Fantasy, getting mixed reactions. Probably will still buy it though. Way more excited for Heavy Rain & God of War 3
Well, you could click on my PSN thing in my signature, but in short:Tekken 6Mini NinjasBurnout ParadiseLittle Big PlanetI try to get 100% on games (I'm trying to get 100% on PixelJunk Shooter at the moment, and then after that go back to get 100% on Killzone 2), but I don't dwell on them until I do - I go back and forth between new and old games.

Suprised with the LBP one that looks bloody hard to do to be fair. I got Tekken 6 but hated the campaign and haven't played it since the first week I got it.

Just joined lovefilm to rent games. Got Borderlands, Arkham Asylum, Dark Siders, Mega Drive Collection & Dead Space all waiting for me to play. Re-Ordered God of War collection too.

65 platinum? uhh.. can you buy them ? hard to believe.

Right now, my friends and I can't put down Warhawk (ps3) which is some of the most fun online gaming I've played in a while. I recommend.

check out this guy's trophy collection: http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/demon-one13

UNBELIEVABLE!

Fuck, that's nothing - check out #1 IN THE WORLD: http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/hakoom

65 platinum? uhh.. can you buy them ? hard to believe.

Right now, my friends and I can't put down Warhawk (ps3) which is some of the most fun online gaming I've played in a while. I recommend.

Old as the hills, and I really didn't get into it - you might be more interested in the new game MAG, but I'm waiting for a proper review(s) before taking the plunge; I shan't be SOCOMed again (and the SOCOM makers, Zipper Interactive, made MAG)

I finally hit Rogue rank in Tekken 6. Advancing levels seems almost impossible sometimes, I don't know how people get up to ranks like Vanquisher.

I've been stuck on 1st Dan now since restarting, and when I lost my save file before, I was on 4th Dan and didn't play half as many battles. I wonder what the ranking criteria is (if there's any).

I finally hit Rogue rank in Tekken 6. Advancing levels seems almost impossible sometimes, I don't know how people get up to ranks like Vanquisher.

I've been stuck on 1st Dan now since restarting, and when I lost my save file before, I was on 4th Dan and didn't play half as many battles. I wonder what the ranking criteria is (if there's any).

It's a bit strange. You have to beat people the same rank as you. The points you win/lose get lower the further they are from your rank (up or down). If you're 1st dan, beating another 1st dan is worth significantly more than beating a 4th dan or a 7th kyu.

Old as the hills, and I really didn't get into it - you might be more interested in the new game MAG, but I'm waiting for a proper review(s) before taking the plunge; I shan't be SOCOMed again (and the SOCOM makers, Zipper Interactive, made MAG)

I've looked at the videos but to be honest it just doesn't look fun to me. I feel like they could have taken the concept a lot further than they did. I don't see how this would beat out MW2 in terms of online play, it just looks more boring, even with the huge maps and huge numbers of players everything else about it looks mediocre.

check out this guy's trophy collection: http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/demon-one13

UNBELIEVABLE!

Fuck, that's nothing - check out #1 IN THE WORLD: http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/profiles/hakoom

HOLY SHIT! 113 Platinum!!??

started playing torchlight tonight... it is almost exactly halfway between diablo and planescape:torment and will run on a crappy netbook.

it seems like a nice casual arcadey rpg so far. and the soundtrack is nice too.

alright, fuckin finally started playing Fight Night 4 in Champion mode, I got my ass handed to me a few times and i finally won the championship...but im in the fight of my life against Ali....he had a lower overall rating than me but fuck he's tough.

I picked up the God of War Collection today, along with Burnout Paradise. So once I'm finished with Mini Ninjas I'll start up on them. Oh geez, I have Dead Space too that I haven't beaten yet and Uncharted 2: Among Theives too. So many games to go through...

just got grand theft auto chinatown wars and i'm HOOKED, damn this game is sooo much fun, can't stop playing it. one of the best iphone games of all time, and it was only ten bux. it's the same game as the DS and PSP version, the game is like 12 hours

Archived