IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

mutilating a bunch of demons and creatures ain't no adventure.. it's a good one, but Uncharted 2 is the fuckin adventure! most unbelievable game since HL2, imo.

I played the demo and liked it. I haven't played the first part but it doesn't look as good. Do I need to have played the first in order to enjoy the 2nd?

About a week ago I completed the original Crash Bandicoot in under 2 hours and 3 minutes. That's with all the gems and everything. Man, I've been playing that game way too much over the years...

lol I cant imagine playing it any other way than that :D

My brother and me had a hard time trying to finish it, the savepoints in the higher levels were so hard to get, which made it very frustrating, because you had to play a few levels for days or to start all over to make any progress.

I remember having to start "Slippery Climb" over and over again. I think I never finished it.

i don't know about crash bandicoot, but that's sort of like how i can beat all of super mario bros. 3 in 2 hours with 4 full rows of items and 99 lives. makes you feel good, sort of, right?

Wanna play my custom super mario world hack?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhaFutt0n90

Oh by the way, the Splinter Cell Conviction demo will be out on XBLA this thursday.

It's still a shame that Amon Tobin only did one soundtrack for that game series :(

Guest mafted

mutilating a bunch of demons and creatures ain't no adventure.. it's a good one, but Uncharted 2 is the fuckin adventure! most unbelievable game since HL2, imo.

I played the demo and liked it. I haven't played the first part but it doesn't look as good. Do I need to have played the first in order to enjoy the 2nd?

Not necessarily.. but it's a good idea.. you'll appreciate the second one a LOT more.

Oh by the way, the Splinter Cell Conviction demo will be out on XBLA this thursday.

It's still a shame that Amon Tobin only did one soundtrack for that game series :(

and he made it on one of their best. i'm waiting for them to get back to the black ops instead of this blending in type stuff. i loved sneaking around .. the first three were some great games.

Modnations got a May release date on the PS3. That game looks like a hell of a lot of fun.

modnation-racers-20100315062049949-000.jpg

Yes, I was part of the closed Beta and it is super fun - the track designer is very well thought-out too. This might give LBP a run for it's money in terms of infinite re-playability if they can keep the DLC coming where it adds features to the core game.

i played through Odin Sphere on my dusty ol' ps2 the other night.. i forgot how great that one is!

surprising watercolor design, lush creatures and enviroments, impressive animations too..

imgOdin%20Sphere3.jpg

imgOdin%20Sphere5.jpg

odin-sphere-ps2-ss1.jpg

oborop1.jpg

odin_sphere_425_screen.jpg

odin-sphere.485267.jpg

Odin-Sphere-1.jpg

they sure don't make em like that any more!

Odin Sphere had some of the best hand-drawn sprites ever - you should also check out Murasama, the Demon Blade on the Wii (made by the same group, and features even better artwork)

Guest Grizz

Definately looks that way.

4 of us did a Little big planet drinking game on Saturday. Basically drink up 3 fingers everytime you die. We were hammered almost instantly as everyone kept running people off the screen or falling themselves trying to run people off the screen.

currently shoveling cow shit in fallout online. kinda boring.

Worth checking in the future even if it is just to fuck about? I kind of miss online games that aren't FPSs. I wonder if anyone here ever played Infantry before (or after) Sony bought it.

well, it's currently in beta, so it's nothing special. it's basically fallout 2 (seriously, the locations are all the same) but with russians mowing you down at every corner. very difficult to stay alive and they wipe the server frequently because it's a beta. so it's kinda pointless to level a character and then have to start over, cleaning brahmin shit for an hour again.

basically, the game aspect is not so good. the economy is broken, very few quests, etc.

however, the folks that run fallout online are implementing 3d character models and releasing their code so that others can make games using it. that is the interesting part. i think someone that's more committed to making a real immersive game instead of just an online wankfest will do some great things with it.

if you are interested in online games that aren't FPSs, check out puzzle pirates. no, i'm being serious. it's really fun (the puzzles are all stuff like bejeweled), the economy is wayyy more interesting than crap like WoW, and it's free if you go on a doubloon ocean. try it out and if you like it, hit me up in-game. i'm stabbington on the hunter ocean.

Splinter Cell: Conviction demo

The controls are a bit awkward compared to most third person games but everything takes practice so I don't feel like complaining too much about it. I like how brutal the game has become especially during the interrogation scenes - it really suits it well.

I'll definitely have to play it on Hard once it's released.

PS. The music is actually really nice!

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

hmmm... wait... fuck no splinter cell conviction PC demo............ I really want to see what they did to this franchise... might actually have to bust out my 360 for the first time in like 5 months

hmmm... wait... fuck no splinter cell conviction PC demo............ I really want to see what they did to this franchise... might actually have to bust out my 360 for the first time in like 5 months

No unfortunately not. Ubisoft twittered this message last night:

Sorry guys, tomorrow’s demo is for X360 only. There are no plans for a PC demo.

Guest mafted

Ubisoft is one of the companies that caters to the market a bit too much. Since PC's aren't leading anymore, developers aren't bothering to put much effort in to porting. You should have seen what happened with Far Cry 2.

Now, they've dumbed Splinter Cell down. Not acceptable.

Since PC's aren't leading anymore, developers aren't bothering to put much effort in to porting. Not acceptable.

Makes me fucking sad but there's still a few great developers who know PC is where quality dynamic gaming is @

Guest AcrossCanyons

PC gaming has always felt dated to me, never got into it. (other than being majorly addicted to worms back in the day)

Alot of good/interesting looking games out the next new months. Think I'm going to get Blazblue first.

PC gaming has always felt dated to me, never got into it.

In the last 15 years of gaming the only moment in which consoles had even a modest upper hand graphically over PC gaming was at most the first year or so that the 360 came out.

If you saw a gaming PC made right now for even like $1600 US (maximum amount really necessary at the moment)((you can build a damn good gaming PC for $600 US)) running Alien Versus Predator @ on a 2560x1600 monitor with a DX11 GPU or 2 and then compared it to its console version you would see how fucking outdated consoles look and feel now. Mouse and Keyboard will always and forever be a better control platform for first, 2ndish and third person games. (you can pick up a controller in 1.1 seconds for vehicles) Not to mention the open dynamic potential PC games can have. (in game design and further customization etc.)

Console games sometimes have some good exclusive titles for single player and I'm not knocking that but for extremely high quality multiplayer epic braindance experiences PC gaming is dramatically superior.

RUSE_1_.jpg

X out the VIP, Ruse Beta is free for anyone on steam for like another 11 days or something

rusepromo.jpg

amaZING RTS game, favorite RTS since total annihilation

Guest AcrossCanyons

PC gaming has always felt dated to me, never got into it.

In the last 15 years of gaming the only moment in which consoles had even a modest upper hand graphically over PC gaming was at most the first year or so that the 360 came out.

If you saw a gaming PC made right now for even like $1600 US (maximum amount really necessary at the moment)((you can build a damn good gaming PC for $600 US)) running Alien Versus Predator @ on a 2560x1600 monitor with a DX11 GPU or 2 and then compared it to its console version you would see how fucking outdated consoles look and feel now. Mouse and Keyboard will always and forever be a better control platform for first, 2ndish and third person games. (you can pick up a controller in 1.1 seconds for vehicles) Not to mention the open dynamic potential PC games can have. (in game design and further customization etc.)

Console games sometimes have some good exclusive titles for single player and I'm not knocking that but for extremely high quality multiplayer epic braindance experiences PC gaming is dramatically superior.

Not talking graphically. Graphics don't matter much to me (however, better graphics are always a great bonus ofcourse), just never liked using a keyboard/mouse. I prefer something I can hold and move around with. (console controllers)

Guest Dirty Protest

Not talking graphically. Graphics don't matter much to me (however, better graphics are always a great bonus ofcourse), just never liked using a keyboard/mouse. I prefer something I can hold and move around with. (console controllers)

I reckon, you using a controller and me using a keyboard and mouse, I could beat you at any FPS.

I reckon, you using a controller and me using a keyboard and mouse, I could beat you at any FPS.

LOL like that fucking matters?

Archived