IGNORED

What video games are you currently playing?

Rubin Farr

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Fuck yeah, Imma start this one (for the thousandth time) tomorrow. Good idea.

On a real SNES I hope.

Yes, because having to hook it up to a tv with shitty RCA cables versus razor sharp VGA via an emulator is sooo much better, right?

Don't get me wrong, if you're gonna go oldschool, do it right and get a SNES RGB cable and go that route.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just bought Resistance 2 and Where the Wild Things Are for $15 each. And I rented Dark Void, which hopefully will be fun.

It bugs me when I rent games and the disk has scratches and fingerprints on it. I mean seriously, how hard is it to take care of a piece of plastic.

Resistance 2 is epic and fun to play - it will get you in the right mindset when Resistance 3 hits hopefully next year sometimes... Where The Wild Things Are? Seriously? Ah, for your "nephew" again? :emotawesomepm9:

Dark Void got terrible reviews - the 8-bit online (I think) version was rated better than the current-gen version. It had promise, but apparently didn't live up to expectations.

Ya, I'm excited to play Resistance 2. I liked the first one, and it got great reviews, so...

My nephew wont be visiting again for a while now. So I bought Where the Wild Things Are for myself. I used to love the book, and it was only $15, so I figured why the hell not. But hey, when he does visit again, there it is.

It's disappointing that Dark Void got bad reviews, but I'll just have to judge for myself.

I just bought Resistance 2 and Where the Wild Things Are for $15 each. And I rented Dark Void, which hopefully will be fun.

It bugs me when I rent games and the disk has scratches and fingerprints on it. I mean seriously, how hard is it to take care of a piece of plastic.

Resistance 2 is epic and fun to play - it will get you in the right mindset when Resistance 3 hits hopefully next year sometimes... Where The Wild Things Are? Seriously? Ah, for your "nephew" again? :emotawesomepm9:

Dark Void got terrible reviews - the 8-bit online (I think) version was rated better than the current-gen version. It had promise, but apparently didn't live up to expectations.

Ya, I'm excited to play Resistance 2. I liked the first one, and it got great reviews, so...

My nephew wont be visiting again for a while now. So I bought Where the Wild Things Are for myself. I used to love the book, and it was only $15, so I figured why the hell not. But hey, when he does visit again, there it is.

It's disappointing that Dark Void got bad reviews, but I'll just have to judge for myself.

Yeah, exactly - I use reviews as a tool, but ultimately, I make up my own mind about a game if it interests me regardless.

Guest Dirty Protest

Be sure to post a thread if you see that actually comes out. I remember watching a friend play it for quite a few hours back when it came out and wanted to get into it but never did. Then I wanted to a few years back but I looked and some screenshots and thought it would probably feel so outdated I wouldn't be able to get into the vibe nearly at all like I would back when it was a cutting edge atmospheric RPG. We need more epic dark as fuck games RPGs like that these days.

The original can be bought on Steam for £14 and theres a bunch of patches floating about, updating graphics and bugs. It still holds up pretty well after all this time.

Details of the update can be found here, Bloodlines Revival.

And most of the maps seem to be in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYuDYgRf5fo

fifa11 is very nice. nice and clean and its alot better then 10, but when i say better its subtley betterer

one note i was upset they managed to get the AFC Bournemouth home and away kits totally wrong. the home kit is ok, just a few mistakes as the real one is.. as for the white away shirt the name at the back is UNDER the numbers and thats so wrong. they got it right in fifa10 not in fifa11,

online is nice, so many people play it like fifa10's ping pong passing and that doesnt work. be a goalkeeper is fun as well, but gonna be brutal online

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Be sure to post a thread if you see that actually comes out. I remember watching a friend play it for quite a few hours back when it came out and wanted to get into it but never did. Then I wanted to a few years back but I looked and some screenshots and thought it would probably feel so outdated I wouldn't be able to get into the vibe nearly at all like I would back when it was a cutting edge atmospheric RPG. We need more epic dark as fuck games RPGs like that these days.

The original can be bought on Steam for £14 and theres a bunch of patches floating about, updating graphics and bugs. It still holds up pretty well after all this time.

Details of the update can be found here, Bloodlines Revival.

And most of the maps seem to be in place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYuDYgRf5fo

NICE, that's a really good Massive Attack rip off they got there in that trailer haha.

I'm finding Fifa 11 pretty fucking incredible. So much harder to attack as you really need to pass and create space around the team but I'm finding it very easy to keep clean sheets on World Class.

Apparantly you can put your own crowd noises on stadiums, I could hear Lee Clarks Barmy Army at Huddersfields ground amongst others. Thats going to be brilliant, I'm going to change all the Anfield ones :emotawesomepm9:

i really wanna try fifa 11, but i've already got fifa 09 and 10, both of which i've never played more than a couple of hours (until i figure out i can't really be bothered learning how to dribble and all that).

but it looks so fuuunn.

not that i really need yet another game to play ..

Has anyone played more than the demo of Kane & Lynch 2?

I haven't played the first part but the demo to it sucked massively and was almost unplayable due to horrible controls. However, 2 looks like a totally different game and the camcorder-style is a great idea (people already complain about it, but I hate them whiny "Uuh I can't watch The Blair Witch Project because the camera work is making me nauseous" -bitches, so fuck them)

Is the game worth playing? I think the setting is very good, as is the visual style, even the story (even though not really complex) seems to be presented pretty well but it gets mostly negative reviews and is supposed to be really short...?

Has anyone played more than the demo of Kane & Lynch 2?

I haven't played the first part but the demo to it sucked massively and was almost unplayable due to horrible controls. However, 2 looks like a totally different game and the camcorder-style is a great idea (people already complain about it, but I hate them whiny "Uuh I can't watch The Blair Witch Project because the camera work is making me nauseous" -bitches, so fuck them)

Is the game worth playing? I think the setting is very good, as is the visual style, even the story (even though not really complex) seems to be presented pretty well but it gets mostly negative reviews and is supposed to be really short...?

It's a really short game so don't expect 14 hours of nonstop action. More like 5-6 hours. The controls are sort of horrible but you get used to them but it's the style that carries the game home. The visuals are amazingly authentic and the sound effects are awesome. There's not really any music in the game except from city ambience and the music being played in the different stores you pass by. I'd say it's more of a rental than a must buy.

Guest Gbiscuit

I put Fable II back in the 360 and started a new character in preparation for Fable III in a few weeks.

Despite some of the hate from critics, I really do love the series.

I put Fable II back in the 360 and started a new character in preparation for Fable III in a few weeks.

The theme melody in the menu is fucking epic.

Guest Gbiscuit

The theme melody in the menu is fucking epic.

Finally someone else who shares the love of that little choon. :emotawesomepm9:

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

The art direction and music in Fable has always been very inviting and monstrously epic feeling... unfortunately the games always fall short... flat on their fucking face because a few small flaws/decisions/short comings in execution.

The art direction and music in Fable has always been very inviting and monstrously epic feeling... unfortunately the games always fall short... flat on their fucking face because a few small flaws/decisions/short comings in execution.

I never played the first one so I can't comment on that, but I honestly think Fable 2 is one of the best games I've played over the last couple of years. It might not live up to all the hype that Peter Molyneux tried to create, and he does this with every single game he works on, but I still loved it. I loved the fact that the game continues over a bunch of decades and that your character grows older, the simple RPG elements, simple action, the dog, and so on.

Another great thing was the humor and all the messed up things you could do throughout the game. One time I accidently married the wrong girl, and since you can't get a divorce in the game I had to do something else to get rid of her. So I took her out to a bridge where no one was around and then I stabbed the shit out of her until she fell off the bridge. Problem solved.

Guest futuregirlfriend

arcanum. it's three bucks on gog.com, so i couldn't pass it up.

I read a review of this in a magazine while on holiday when I was 14. For the entire week I was aching to get home and buy it. Still my #1 and nothing I've played so far has touched it in terms of playing how you want, taking your character in the direction you think they should go etc.

After completing Dragon Age and the expansion, I'm installing Mass Effect which is another game I didn't give much of a chance first time 'round.

Despite bad reviews I decided I would play Dark Void and judge for myself. Well, the verdict is in. This game sucks, and very much so. The controls are waaaaaay too touchy. I found myself turning the sensitivity all the way down to the very minimum. The game felt more of a chore instead of being fun. Bland objectives that require basically one thing, shooting robots and more robots. Even without the terrible controls it would still be bland. The graphics were crappy, especially considering where the bar is when the game came out, which was not that long ago. I rented the game and the week is up. I haven't beaten it yet, and I'm not gonna let late charges build up while I play a game that I'm really not having fun playing. So I shall return it tomorrow.

im debating getting halo reach... i was bummed out about it after playing the beta..

it seemed like they were trying to do the whole customization/class thing but they kind of only went 10% of the way with it, and there were a ton of annoying little things with the weapons and loadouts that bugged me.. for EXAMPLE the jetpack was really cool and fun and it was pointless to use any of the other loadouts because you are able to get the high ground advantage at any time, and then what does invisible or armor lock or sprint do for you. fuck all.

with the sprinting one, i just thought it was tedious as fuck the way it recharged with the little bar at the bottom.. i like the way it works in MW and battlefield, where you can just run forever or it recharges but you can still do little bursts..

having a visual thing representing the recharge is annoying because it makes you focus too much on the fact that youre sprinting and you have to look down all the time to make sure you are sprinting as much as you can..

i dont know if any of this stuff has been fixed.. these were my main concerns.. if anyone has the game and could shed some light on this that would be cool. maybe tell me ur opinions and the pros and cons of the game to help me decide, thanks!

Archived