IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

On 6/16/2024 at 5:23 PM, Cyteen said:

been going through this guys stuff and this one gave me pretty heavy draft 7.30/exai vibes:

Yeah I hear the last few tracks of exai but this is straight confield

• Like 1

yeah, think youre right there. 

This one is pretty difficult to get into but opens up well after some listens. Pretty Autechre-like. I really like the crunchy ominous abstraction of it:

On 6/22/2024 at 2:13 PM, Cyteen said:

yeah, think youre right there. 

This one is pretty difficult to get into but opens up well after some listens. Pretty Autechre-like. I really like the crunchy ominous abstraction of it:

EP7

46 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

EP7

i don't hear it. interesting release but sounds like 00s reaktor splintered scapes into reverbs w/beats. not a diss.. just a totally different vibe/character 

19 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i don't hear it. interesting release but sounds like 00s reaktor splintered scapes into reverbs w/beats. not a diss.. just a totally different vibe/character 

The percussion in the beginning has that same globular organic sound like ep7 

13 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

The percussion in the beginning has that same globular organic sound like ep7 

sounds more dubby to me. 

edit: btw this happens all the time to me. i never hear things the same way people do. i almost never hear 'autechre' in other music and always raise an eyebrow when someone says "getting (insert Ae album)______ vibes from this"

my buddy played live last week and a dude i know said that about the set "getting untilTed vibes" and was like wtf? nope. because it sounded so different from any of that..  but i'm blind to it maybe because autechre's sound is quite distinct to my ears. people say that about some of my tunes and i'm always confused because tonality is so different.. along w/everything else.. idk. seems automatic when someone makes weird music to compare to autechre because they've done everything so it's expected.. but still is weird to me and i'm always reminded that maybe i'm wrong and the difference is smaller but this makes no sense either.. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 4

https://fortevilfruit.bandcamp.com/album/dk

still not too sure why but this one from Deli Kuvveti gives me some sorta AE vibes, i think more in some approach/attitude, but maybe partly the sounds & underlying twisting beats stuff buried throughout. killer album no matter any of that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, auxien said:

still not too sure why but this one from Deli Kuvveti gives me some sorta AE vibes, i think more in some approach/attitude, but maybe partly the sounds & underlying twisting beats stuff buried throughout. killer album no matter any of that.

Really diggin this, thanks for posting it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cyteen said:

Really diggin this, thanks for posting it

he's here on the forum sometimes

• Like 2

On 6/26/2024 at 10:21 AM, ignatius said:

sounds more dubby to me. 

edit: btw this happens all the time to me. i never hear things the same way people do. i almost never hear 'autechre' in other music and always raise an eyebrow when someone says "getting (insert Ae album)______ vibes from this"

my buddy played live last week and a dude i know said that about the set "getting untilTed vibes" and was like wtf? nope. because it sounded so different from any of that..  but i'm blind to it maybe because autechre's sound is quite distinct to my ears. people say that about some of my tunes and i'm always confused because tonality is so different.. along w/everything else.. idk. seems automatic when someone makes weird music to compare to autechre because they've done everything so it's expected.. but still is weird to me and i'm always reminded that maybe i'm wrong and the difference is smaller but this makes no sense either.. 

No, no! What you say here makes total sense. I think music artists hear things wayyyyyy differently than I do-- me being a non-artist-- some artists more than others. Part of their gift, i think. Kinda reminds me of synesthesia and such. Honestly... i trust your ears more than my own. 

On 6/29/2024 at 9:45 AM, cern said:

Brilliant album, one of the best releases on Expanding (IMO). An underrated label, some wicked electronica adjacent or whatever you wanna call it on there. 

He's releasing music again, in an ambient duo called Last Days of Living:

On 6/29/2024 at 2:44 AM, auxien said:

A+ Will get this.  

• Like 1

not too Autechre-y, but some tracks are close enough to include here i think. digitone node sounds a bit like some crunchier Oversteps era stuff, and most of the album is really good.

some nice NTS-era vibes in here, but just all around good stuff.

• Burger 1

Supersilent is quite similar to Autechre. Sure it’s another angle they are coming from this jazz perspective but the music feels very similar 

it also feels for me like the way they construct and think their songs is really in the same Autechre mindset as most „similar“ artists just recreate what Autechre does but most of the time do not stand on their own so to say. With supersilent it’s completely different. 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 4