IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

1 hour ago, toaoaoad said:

These are real tho. They are unreleased and have no title. :shrug:

WTF!!!!!
i'm the only geek who checks the autechre forum everyday and doesn't know when autechre stuff comes out

That's why the two tracks nailed the vibe :cisfor:

Up until a moment ago, for me, mastodon was a sludge band, not a social media... 

• Farnsworth 1

i don't think i've seen anyone mention bookworms in here but a lot of his stuff is on the twisted dance beat vibes that AE have always played in. this most recent one reminds me of Quaristice in some attitude and ideas. a lot of the recent bookworms recent stuff seems to be largely unedited jams so maybe that's part of the comparison, but i mention it also because it sounds quite raw at times, so be warned that the volume/etc is messy and there may be some clipping. anyway, well worth any rough edges to dive into this one and the others imo.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 2

I heard this as a targeted ad on my Instagram feed, best ad targeting I've witnessed.

Maybe not "like" autechre, closer I think in vibe and presumably method to Topdown Dialectic, but some algorithmic composition that is very very nice.

• Like 3
  • Farnsworth 1

11 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Nice one, 412 front load  is a fuckin jam :music:

To use a Sean term, it's fresh. Between this, the NOXIN album and the last Topdown Dialectic reissue it's been a great year end for new music.

On 12/27/2022 at 11:32 PM, Draft78 said:

this dude played dirty with the title (:catrage: ) , but I have to give him that he nailed the vibe

I finally understood that autechre are actually audio software developers like NI or u-he that just never released their instruments but continued to update them for decades lol 

• Haha 2
  • Farnsworth 2

On 1/2/2023 at 10:17 AM, EXTRASUPER81 said:

I heard this as a targeted ad on my Instagram feed, best ad targeting I've witnessed.

Maybe not "like" autechre, closer I think in vibe and presumably method to Topdown Dialectic, but some algorithmic composition that is very very nice.

Have been messaging with the artist, friendly solid seeming dude. Sent me a link for a free EP of some alternate album cuts:

https://deepglens.com/alternatesEP

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2023 at 1:37 AM, zaizai said:

that's very cinematic to me. has that dynamic going on.. like it was made for a film that never was released or something. lush moments in there. somberness. 

On 1/7/2023 at 2:21 PM, Cyteen said:

Another great one from point source

wishlisted! sounds great. 

On 2/12/2023 at 6:42 PM, J3FF3R00 said:

Great, we got the fm synth, can someone layer to this the drum hit from inside this nuclear cooling tower

Edited by IOS
cooling tower not power plant
  • Like 2
  • Burger 1
  • Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, ignatius said:

sean posted one of the tracks from this release on mastodon.. i hadn't heard it. checked out some others and damn. what a jam. 

i’m still convinced that “recks on” is a req reference

• Like 1

11 hours ago, xox said:

Which one?

I forget the name but it’s the intro beat to the song. It’s in the Exai thread somewhere 

edit: i looked for it on youtube a few times and can't find it. maybe it was boogie down productions.. idk. same difference i guess but i recall seeing a youtube of it and it being like note for note that beat at the intro. maybe i saw it on reddit. fuck. 

edit: shit.. there's more to it somewhere else.. but i can't remember the track.. i could swear there was some krsone track.. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I feel like Sean addressed a question about the recks on snare in one of the AMAs, I can't remember for sure or any detail tho so this is mostly an unhelpful statement :datboi: But I'm pretty sure I remember him talking about it at some point or another, it's there if you look for it

• Like 1

to my ears the snare in recks on always sounded like it was heavily compressed with a valley people dyna-mite limiter/expander making me believe the track was probably made and processed with outboard gear! ...+ that hiss...

lol so naive :facepalm:

but waitaminute! iirc sean said something in that sense, that he (they?) produced it to sound like it was made and processed with hw

Edited by xox