IGNORED

Need some good music like Autechre

thehauntingsoul

I have to create it, like, now ?

It's a stunning album. We've been wanting to release Mike's music from day 1, so it's a huge honor for us to share Prompt 3. In my biased yet honest opinion, it's his best record along Meme Booth.

I'll add that there's load of bonus content with that one.

• Like 6

On 7/24/2023 at 7:03 AM, Nil said:

I have to create it, like, now ?

It's a stunning album. We've been wanting to release Mike's music from day 1, so it's a huge honor for us to share Prompt 3. In my biased yet honest opinion, it's his best record along Meme Booth.

I'll add that there's load of bonus content with that one.

Hyped - local artist for me too 

• Like 1

my buddy's live set from a few days ago at an outdoor festival here in oregon. solid vibes. gets going at times but is pretty lush too. 

i think he's going to get it mastered somewhat and make it available for DL or something. 

• Like 6

On 8/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, ignatius said:

my buddy's live set from a few days ago at an outdoor festival here in oregon. solid vibes. gets going at times but is pretty lush too. 

i think he's going to get it mastered somewhat and make it available for DL or something. 

Is Oregon where all the American IDM fans be? 

44 minutes ago, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Is Oregon where all the American IDM fans be? 

there's a good music scene here for weird shit.. noise, ambient, drone etc.. in the 90s/00s there was a lot of what we'd call IDM in the PNW but also, the whole west coast... there's a good crew of older electro heads here though. people who've been playing and djing etc forever but are older now and have kids and whatever so do less stuff.

there seems to be a rave scene building again though..  kind of around more bonkers faster stuff.. gabber and hardcore and fast breaks all mashed together.  i don't know what the kids are up to. but there's things happening regularly. a bunch of young people showed up to the Roel Funcken gig that happened some months back. they seemed into it. so that's good. 

i moved here in 2004 and there was a weekly..every tuesday called Laptop Lounge at a local bar.. it went on for a year. every week. and was packed. lot's of DJ sets, bunch of live sets.. all IDM, electro etc and one or two surprise gigs that happened. it was a good time in general in portland. before the gentrification got really going.  some friends and I had a monthly at Ground Kontrol.. retro barcade. we'd play all the stuff we liked.. we did for a couple years then passed it off to some friends who did for like 4 more years.. all electro and IDM type stuff.. 

short answer.. yeah.. there's a ton of people here, older now, who were part of the local regular nights happening. lot's of cross pollination of different styles/vibes etc that would all get thrown into the IDM bin at a record store. 

edit: i wouldn't say it's where _all_ of the idm fans are. there's just good turn out for certain things. but generally AE sells out when they play here and in 2015 played 2 gigs back to back because the first one sold out pretty fast. but seems like there's good turn out in a lot of places for "weirder" stuff these days. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

there's a good music scene here for weird shit.. noise, ambient, drone etc.. in the 90s/00s there was a lot of what we'd call IDM in the PNW but also, the whole west coast... there's a good crew of older electro heads here though. people who've been playing and djing etc forever but are older now and have kids and whatever so do less stuff.

there seems to be a rave scene building again though..  kind of around more bonkers faster stuff.. gabber and hardcore and fast breaks all mashed together.  i don't know what the kids are up to. but there's things happening regularly. a bunch of young people showed up to the Roel Funcken gig that happened some months back. they seemed into it. so that's good. 

i moved here in 2004 and there was a weekly..every tuesday called Laptop Lounge at a local bar.. it went on for a year. every week. and was packed. lot's of DJ sets, bunch of live sets.. all IDM, electro etc and one or two surprise gigs that happened. it was a good time in general in portland. before the gentrification got really going.  some friends and I had a monthly at Ground Kontrol.. retro barcade. we'd play all the stuff we liked.. we did for a couple years then passed it off to some friends who did for like 4 more years.. all electro and IDM type stuff.. 

short answer.. yeah.. there's a ton of people here, older now, who were part of the local regular nights happening. lot's of cross pollination of different styles/vibes etc that would all get thrown into the IDM bin at a record store. 

edit: i wouldn't say it's where _all_ of the idm fans are. there's just good turn out for certain things. but generally AE sells out when they play here and in 2015 played 2 gigs back to back because the first one sold out pretty fast. but seems like there's good turn out in a lot of places for "weirder" stuff these days. 

Thanks for the awesome rundown (my og comment was half sarcastic)

I’ve been to Eugene 2010 - my college roommate grew up on a clear cut hill above Springfield and we drove there that fall - absolute beauty; other herbal stories; going to the pacific coast and hoping bill clinton could bring the poor Americans back from North Korea - then forgetting cause we didn’t care

edit: we’ve strayed from the thread topic by my fault lol

Edited by DyeMyBlueBlack
  • Farnsworth 1

On 7/16/2023 at 12:24 AM, ambermonk said:

For me, this is a mnemonic echo to this obscure vinyl that my brother bought from some thrift shop back in the late 90s, which had both gamelan and kecak recordings from 1964. All I remember is that it was titled "Monkey Dance" or something.

This video also invokes a similar hypnotic vibe to the ending of Apocalypse Now!, as well Koyaanisqatsi and the Sardaukar homeworld scene from Dune: Part One (2021).

here Mr Bungle's attempt to appropriate kecak

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2023 at 9:54 PM, ignatius said:

It’s good - where at in Oregon? My college roommate grew up on a logging mountain overlooking Springfield  - I spent some time out there in Eugene 

On 8/3/2023 at 1:42 AM, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Thanks for the awesome rundown (my og comment was half sarcastic)

I’ve been to Eugene 2010 - my college roommate grew up on a clear cut hill above Springfield and we drove there that fall - absolute beauty; other herbal stories; going to the pacific coast and hoping bill clinton could bring the poor Americans back from North Korea - then forgetting cause we didn’t care

edit: we’ve strayed from the thread topic by my fault lol

Born in Eugene, raised in Springfield. In the 90's, there was not much of an IDM scene but hearing "On" on KWVA is a big reason I'm here now. Rave scene in the late 90's was a lot of fun out there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 7:24 PM, Draft78 said:

I would recommend these for abysmal sleep, it not that, time to time, cat kibble breaks in loudly 

btw: the wasp and the chickens mixed together easily beat my more ambitious musical attempts

• Farnsworth 1