IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Enter the Void - "Pompous" would be my word for this. I had no idea were Gaspar Noé was trying to go at the end and seeing the same extremely long camera transitions 50 times to another mediocre scene even made me want to turn it off at some point. 2/5

Io sono l'amore - Wasn't so sure I'd give this a chance but I'm very glad I did. The beautiful atmosphere, very nice editing and music grabbed me and left me completely satisfied. 4/5

The Girl Who Leapt Through Time - I might be a bit old for this. But this is really well crafted. 3/5, but if I was the target audience it would surely be a 5.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With regards to "Snuffbox", watching it out of context doesn't do it much justice, it gets better and better on every rewatch,

definitely a show you have to see in one go on DVD.

Berry and Fulcher are funny as fuck. I'm a big fan of Garth Marenghi's Dark place and Man to Man with Dean learner

also.

Recent watches: Psychoville Halloween special. Brilliant, almost my favourite thing on TV right now and can't wait for series 2.

I also stuck on my Ghostwatch DVD with Parky on Halloween as part of the national Seance for Ghostwatch: Behind the curtains.

Never fails to make me happy.

Films: Nightmares(1983) Wee horror/thriller anthology with some average stories but interestingly featuring Lance Henriksen

and Veronica Cartwright from the Aliens films. The last story featuring a big Rat demon, in which they simply optically add in a regular rat, make it huge (and roar) and generally struggle to make it look menacing is the greatest laugh I've had in ages. Also worth checking out

for the ridiculous second story with a young Emilio estivez obsessed with reaching level 13 of an arcade called "The Bishop of battle".

which he becomes a part of.

Funnier than Tron and a great time capsule with an arcade full of desirable cabs to die for, including about 3 pacman machines

and some vector FX which kick ass.

She killed in Ecstasy. Jess Franco film I hadn't seen in years with the beautiful Soledad Miranda. She's almost

worth watching the movie for alone, apart from that, it's what you expect from Franco, weird, slightly dreamlike and

absurd plotting, lots of zooms but holds together for the most part.

Guest Calx Sherbet
Saw Oldboy. WTF MAN WTF! I JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO DIE. The guy was such a dumbass and this movie was disgusting.
When you're older than 20 you'll start to understand movies like Oldboy.

Oldboy was boss. total rollercoaster of a movie

i hadn't seen Batman Returns in like 10 or 11 years, so i decided to see it again. i didn't remember a damn thing from the first time i saw it, but it was fucking fantastic. i think Tim Burton should just make more batman movies.

enter the void was great i dont know what youre talking about

Agreed! I loved it!

Damn I want to see this in a theatre!

big screen hd is the next best thing

Guest the anonymous forumite

The social Network = 7 /10

I fail to see what makes this movie a masterpiece and the critical acclaim that surrounds it. It was just ok.

FOur problems :

- The score : does Trent Reznor realizes that his score is already outdated ? It sounded to me like some 80s movie score, but in the bad way. And not only it's already outdated, but it's bad too. I was like wtf, T.Reznor has reached a new low.

- The linearity of the narrative: The scheme story/confrontation with the lawyers/ story / lawyers / etc... gets boring. There's no surprise. The movie is just a straight line forward, with nothing special to expect.

- The quick speed montage is annoying too. Only a few scenes last more than 5 minutes. The tension can't build properly, it's just a machine gun of images.

- Despite what the critics say, Fincher doesn't get very critical of Zuckerberg. The film is really made liek a success story. You don't get to sympathize with the losers (Eduardo).

Still enjoyable, but nowhere near a masterpiece.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

127 hours 6/10

going in i wondered if they could really make a film out of this. well they did but it feels unfinished, unforfilling and kinda odd. you already know the guy is about to cut his arm off so until that point you're just waiting for it. then he does it. its shown in the background almost in a blur. you never really just see him cutting through skin etc. wasn't gory enough. too MOR, trying not to make missy throwup. the only thing that saved it was the nerve noise. that worked really well. james franco was solid and he needed to be as he was the only one in the film pretty much. i enjoyed the screening but felt unsatisfied afterwards. wait for the dvd

north by northwest 7/10

a rewathcing on blueray. not my favourite hitchcock. it has its moments.

an education 7/10

kindof a chickflick but it had me hooked. the baby talk names were totally out of place and no-one would actually write that into the story so i figured at that point it was based on a true story. solid stuff.

making it a goal to watch Apocalypse Now for the first time tomorrow

Take your time with this one... its long dark journey and takes a while to sink in. I need to get my dvd back off my friend who's had it for a year now >:0

triangle - 10/10

awesome horror mystery thriller that involves time travel on a ship from the 1930's in the ocean. don't watch the trailer or it'll give too much away...

it wasn't the X-Files episode with the same title and theme, was it?

triangle - 10/10

awesome horror mystery thriller that involves time travel on a ship from the 1930's in the ocean. don't watch the trailer or it'll give too much away...

it wasn't the X-Files episode with the same title and theme, was it?

nah i've seen that episode and it's not alike at all.

it's vaguely similar to time crimes (Los Cronocrímenes) though...

Triangle is excellent, definitely Christopher Smith's best film so far (And I loved Severence). It's got a lot of replay value, especially second time around. I'd urge anyone to try and avoid any spoilers whatsoever, it ruins it majorly.

It's almost like a love poem to The Shining, Death Ship(1980)and Groundhog day without the comedy with original idea's thrown in, great performances and

a few shocking reveals that is superb. I really like Melissa George, she's great in WAZ and boy, has she come along way since, er Home and Away.

Triangle is excellent, definitely Christopher Smith's best film so far (And I loved Severence). It's got a lot of replay value, especially second time around. I'd urge anyone to try and avoid any spoilers whatsoever, it ruins it majorly.

It's almost like a love poem to The Shining, Death Ship(1980)and Groundhog day without the comedy with original idea's thrown in, great performances and

a few shocking reveals that is superb. I really like Melissa George, she's great in WAZ and boy, has she come along way since, er Home and Away.

you didn't just spoil it, did you?

I Saw the Devil - 7/10

One hell of a hyped South Korean movie starring two of the most famous South Korean actors (Byung-hun Lee (A Bittersweet Life and The Good the Bad and the Crazy) and Min-sik Choi (Oldboy and Lady Vengeance). It was mostly hyped because it was banned from public theaters in South Korea. It was given a 18+ rating, which is the highest rating given to films approved for public release in Korea. The rating it has been given however is one known as 'Limited Screening', a highly restrictive rating that only allows the film to be screened in special theaters that only show adult films. Currently no such theaters exist, meaning the film has effectively been banned. Lolz.

Originally submitted for ratings review a month ago, the film has undergone re-editing since first being hit by the rating but to no avail. The rating stood a second submission and distributors have now called off scheduled press screenings while they try to address the ratings board concerns and get a rating on the film that will allow them to actually release it. The official concern? Scenes that "severely damage the dignity of human values."

Alright - so I was seriously hyped when I read this. I've watched a bunch of South Korean movies over the last year, and I know that they're not afraid of killing people in the most brutal ways on screen. Take The Chaser as an example; a guy tries to kill a girl with a hammer and chisel.

Well - I watched I Saw the Devil the other day and sure enough there are some pretty nerve wrecking scenes in that movie but why it was given an 18+ rating and therefore was banned is beyond me? I wish I could see the original cut because I feel like I'm missing out on something.

But enough about the rating and all that jazz - the move is yet ANOTHER vengeance movie from South Korea (off the top of my head I can think of Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Oldboy, Lady Vengeance, A Bittersweet Life, Madeo (more or less), and then there's another one about a couple who fuck each other over by getting plastic surgery but I can't remember the title). It goes right for the money. No fucking around. A secret agent's wife is killed by a serial killer and the agent sets off to track him down and kill him in the most horrible way possible. On his mission he meets some pretty interesting people and does horrible stuff to them.

I was kind of disappointed though. I was really expecting it to be gruesome and I was hoping it was going to be kinda like The Chaser but I was slightly disappointed by the story, and the hype also killed it a bit for me.

But if you're into South Korean movies you should definitely give it a try.

^Yup. Whilst watching it I didn't mind it but after I couldn't comprehend why. It's fun seeing aliens blow shit up I guess, but it has some remarkably cheesy moments including a total WTF IS THIS SHIT ending.

Guest Backson

Skyline - 3/10 ( the 3 is for the effects )

yeah, first trailer I saw I was like "woah, aliens? cool!"

and then the second one I was kind of like "oh, this seems to be filled with horrible TV actors the unrealistic cop dramas (you know the ones, where for some reason the black guys seem extremely clean and unrealistic)".

are there cool aliens that I may wish to view?

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

triangle - 10/10

This was really really well done but not 10/10 flawless masterpiece well done. More like 8.8/10 great. Some of the acting was annoying from everyone but the lead femme fatale

Archived