IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Guest futuregirlfriend

Paprika - Only Satoshi Kon film I've seen so far. Fantastic. 9/10

Enter the Void - Wasn't expecting to be so impressed with this. 9/10

Machete - Not much of a Rodriguez fan to begin with but didn't think much of this 5/10

Histoires extraordinaires/Spirits of the Dead - Pretty good overall. Roger Vadim, Louis Malle and Federico Fellini each directed a different Poe story, rolled it into this feature. Malle's was my favourite, Fellini's probably the most interesting and Vadim's the most 1968 Jane Fonda in undercrackers and boots. 7/10

The Spirit Molecule - Various people talk about DMT, Alex Grey provides some visuals. There are a few interesting folks involved but I really would have liked more science and facts squeezed in there. I have no clue who Joe Rogan is but he showed up every so often in a lab coat. 4.7/10

The Nature of Existence - Unfortunately pretty easy going, despite the name/topic. Guy travels the world talking to people of various faiths, asks them stuff, nothing you wouldn't really expect. Some interesting characters, I guess. 4.9/10

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Fishtank

The Spirit Molecule - Various people talk about DMT, Alex Grey provides some visuals. There are a few interesting folks involved but I really would have liked more science and facts squeezed in there. I have no clue who Joe Rogan is but he showed up every so often in a lab coat. 4.7/10

theres a new docu that's seeing limited release right now and was presented by Tool recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOg5SWXddzU

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

book of eli

meh

the fighter amy adams see through underwear/10

I really want to see this

apart from that it was merely ok. the crack addiction aspect of it was interesting in that i haven't seen it done in a major release before. the boxing is a distraction though. the family is really well done, the 7 sisters are hilarious and the mother is perfect. but without the boxing i don't suppose anyone would go see a movie about christian bale on crack

the burbs 7/10

very enjoyable. cory feldman ftw! didnt someone have a burbs 2 avatar for along time? hearing the astrobotnia sample in context was a nice surprise too

rescue me season 1 not sure why i started watching this. its watchable but is it going anywhere? i know they made 4 or 5 seasons.

this guy:

MV5BMTg3OTc5ODc1NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjUwODA5Mg@@._V1._SY314_CR5,0,214,314_.jpg

Jack McGee

seems to be folliwng me.

he in rescue me as the cheif

he was in the fighter as the dad

AND he was in breakdown as the barman at belles diner

unknownly a jack mcgee marathon

Django yea

Exit through the gift shop okay

the third man okay

benny's video yea

the general yea

harvey yea

the white ribbon yea

up yea

summertime nah

harold and maude okay

the killer yea

this is gonna be the best movie of 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFME2Kj8PA&hd=1

every cliché in the book!

ITS THE 80'S! REMEMBER THE 80'S? NO? I'VE MADE A FILM ABOUT THE 80'S! THE DECADE THAT'S SHORT HAND FOR NOSTALGIA AND GOOD TIMES WHEN A WRITER DOESN'T HAVE ANY REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE TO USE. MY MOVIE IS A COMING OF AGE TALE ABOUT A YOUNG MAN STUCK BETWEEN THE ADOLESCENT AND ADULT WORLDS! IT STARTS OUT TONGUE IN CHEEK BUT EVENTUALLY THINGS GET SERIOUS AND YOUNG MAN MUST DECIDE TO PURSUE HIS DREAMS AS PRESENTED IN THE FORM OF A CAREFREE YOUNG WOMAN. HIS FAT DRUG ADDLED FRIEND WILL GET SERIOUS NEAR THE END AND OFFER SOME WORLDLY ADVICE WITH NO CONTEXT IN THE MOVIE! EVENTUALLY YOUNG MAN WILL GO TO LAW SCHOOL AND BECOME A BORING FUCK WHO WRITES TERRIBLE CLICHED DOGSHIT SPEC SCRIPTS FOR STUDIOS TO PRODUCE AND MARKET TOWARD BRAIN DEAD TWEENS WHO WERE STILL A TENSE DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF AN ABORTION CLINIC WHEN KURT COBAIN TOOK A SHOTGUN BLAST TO THE FACE! YAY! TRON! SYNTH POP! STUFF NO ONE REALLY LIKES! THE 80'S!

Black Swan

6/10

Great acting but seriously...? What a piss poor story.

i disagree. i liked the story.

she pushed herself so hard for perfection. she had one perfect performance in her.

it surprised me how creepy it was. i expected a little lynchian creepiness (similar to how inland empire makes me feel when she sees herself from the filmset) but it was genuinely creepy.

saw it opening night so was a little caught up in the hype. want to see it again and see if i like it as much the 2nd time.

Black Swan

6/10

Great acting but seriously...? What a piss poor story.

i disagree. i liked the story.

she pushed herself so hard for perfection. she had one perfect performance in her.

it surprised me how creepy it was. i expected a little lynchian creepiness (similar to how inland empire makes me feel when she sees herself from the filmset) but it was genuinely creepy.

saw it opening night so was a little caught up in the hype. want to see it again and see if i like it as much the 2nd time.

Yeah, I know... but come on... too many shenanigans for such a story. I had hoped for a lot more.

Maybe the trailer revealed too much?

But yeah, you're right. The atmosphere was great.

I really liked it. the movie is not without flaw but i felt it sucked me right in. as i said in the Black swan thread natalie portman's performance is great, the movie is worth seeing just because of her acting. also, it's the kind of movie mirezzi would hate heheh.

children of men

i watched this when it first came out and wasn't into the style and i wasn't overly moved by the story either, i think i was much more of a cunt back then. having seen a few peeps discuss it on here earlier about that new sci fi show cuaron is doing i decided now was the time to revisit it in a new state of mind.

very few films hit hard like it did, and id wager a bet that the future painted wont be far off our own sometime down the line, the camera work blew my fucking head off. great great film. i really DO NOT like clive owen but i think he was cast perfectly for this movie and it totally worked.

Guest Calx Sherbet

this is gonna be the best movie of 2011.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFME2Kj8PA&hd=1

every cliché in the book!

ITS THE 80'S! REMEMBER THE 80'S? NO? I'VE MADE A FILM ABOUT THE 80'S! THE DECADE THAT'S SHORT HAND FOR NOSTALGIA AND GOOD TIMES WHEN A WRITER DOESN'T HAVE ANY REAL LIFE EXPERIENCE TO USE. MY MOVIE IS A COMING OF AGE TALE ABOUT A YOUNG MAN STUCK BETWEEN THE ADOLESCENT AND ADULT WORLDS! IT STARTS OUT TONGUE IN CHEEK BUT EVENTUALLY THINGS GET SERIOUS AND YOUNG MAN MUST DECIDE TO PURSUE HIS DREAMS AS PRESENTED IN THE FORM OF A CAREFREE YOUNG WOMAN. HIS FAT DRUG ADDLED FRIEND WILL GET SERIOUS NEAR THE END AND OFFER SOME WORLDLY ADVICE WITH NO CONTEXT IN THE MOVIE! EVENTUALLY YOUNG MAN WILL GO TO LAW SCHOOL AND BECOME A BORING FUCK WHO WRITES TERRIBLE CLICHED DOGSHIT SPEC SCRIPTS FOR STUDIOS TO PRODUCE AND MARKET TOWARD BRAIN DEAD TWEENS WHO WERE STILL A TENSE DISCUSSION OUTSIDE OF AN ABORTION CLINIC WHEN KURT COBAIN TOOK A SHOTGUN BLAST TO THE FACE! YAY! TRON! SYNTH POP! STUFF NO ONE REALLY LIKES! THE 80'S!

Okay grammar and cinematography.

7.3/10

Archived