IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lost in Translation 9/10 - i love this movie to pieces.

Lost in Translation 2 [somewhere] - Similar feelings but won't watch again /10

Score may of been affected by b2b viewing of said films.

127 hours - as about as good as a film about someone stuck under a rock could get.. really getting fed up with boyles 'triumphant bullshit music at the end of his films' 3/10

Exactly. The music in general was absolutely shit. It completely ruined it for me.

You know how it should have ended? It should have ended

right when he takes the picture of the rock with his arm under it. Bam. End. Fin.

That would have been so much cooler.

Guest analogue wings

Dinner for Schmucks - 1/10

Hey, let's take the greatest comedy of the last 30 years and turn it into a Jim Carrey movie!

Dinner for Schmucks - 1/10

Hey, let's take the greatest comedy of the last 30 years and turn it into a Jim Carrey movie!

yeah i also hated it, it's not funny, it's annoying :pukes:

CHILDREN OF MEN - there's only 2 or 3 things that make me not giving this a 10 out of 10

you-will-meet-a-tall-dark-stranger-movie-poster.jpg

as always with woody allen, it's pretty much hit or miss, and compared to vicky cristina barcelona and whatever works, i'd consider this

a miss. still had its moments though. 6/10

Guest Al Hounos

The Chaser - Another brutal, brilliant Korean thriller.

Having just watched Memories of Murder, I can't help but compare them, and this one lacks the colorful, well-developed characters of the former, and there are a few moments in the film when the suspense becomes a little forced, as well as a few minor plot holes.

Unfair comparisons aside, this is still a film that more than deserves a watch - one that keeps your eyes wide and fists clenched for two hours. 8.5/10

I'd also say it's a movie best experienced not knowing anything of the plot beforehand, as I did.

While watching the film, I kept telling myself, at least it's just a movie... then I look it up on Wikipedia and find out it's loosely based on a guy who didn't just kill 12 people as did the movie killer, but 21...

Having just watched Memories of Murder, I can't help but compare them, and this one lacks the colorful, well-developed characters of the former, and there are a few moments in the film when the suspense becomes a little forced, as well as a few minor plot holes.

Unfair comparisons aside, this is still a film that more than deserves a watch - one that keeps your eyes wide and fists clenched for two hours. 8.5/10

I'd also say it's a movie best experienced not knowing anything of the plot beforehand, as I did.

While watching the film, I kept telling myself, at least it's just a movie... then I look it up on Wikipedia and find out it's loosely based on a guy who didn't just kill 12 people as did the movie killer, but 21...

I love that movie. I watched Memories of Murder, The Chaser, and Madeo within a short period of times so these movies are almost linked together in my world; three fantastic Korean crime movies.

Have you watched I Saw The Devil? The one that got recut three times but still couldn't be shown in Korean theatres? It's a lot like all the other Korean revenge movies (not as good as any of the ones mentioned above though) but just a lot more messed up.

you mean Chugyeogja? that movie really was intense.

Yeh this thread is almost all I use to find films to watch.

I don't think it's gospel though I've seen some shit films via here. Especially that horror movie night when I brought a copy of Shutter round to a serious movie night at a friends.

:facepalm:

Fuck you Watmm.

Thai Shutter ~ 7/10

but the long haired ghost thing has been done to death since I saw it so maybe it's more like a 6/10 these days.

Archived