IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Yeah, no problems with visual quality at all and I didn't recognise any audio lag. If there were any errors I certainly can't remember them now. I'm at work, so I can find out later which torrent I had, but it was on Demonoid.

missing final scene and wrong credits (angelo badalamenti)...

also, the soundtrack is not the final one, there's a "social network" song playing during the movie...

i watched a dvdscr of driver and angelo badalamenti was on the soundtrack credits wtf

i also read that this version of the movie is missing some scenes and doesn't have the same sound editing...

apparently its a work print. yeah the sound is off which is a shame because the music in some of the scenes is so perfect.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

black swan

again, on bluray. almost a masterpiece. ruined only by the end lights and the scene where she literally becomes a bird :facepalm:

looking forward to watching the extras

sons of anarchy

NOOOOO!! JUICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh i heard the branch snap so..

i'm making a list of films to see on the local international film festival. i already have 34 on the short-list (weighted 8 or more).

if you wanna make my life even more complicated, have a look at this list http://www.liffe.si/program/abc-seznam/ and see if you'd recommend anything.

rubber is fun and weird, would definitely go for new Aki Kaurismäki - la havre, melancholia - definitely, essential killing is rambo 1 with a taliban fighter as a protagonist, terri - the best in "teen with issues, coming of age" genre.

black swan

again, on bluray. almost a masterpiece. ruined only by the end lights and the scene where she literally becomes a bird :facepalm:

my sentiments exactly.

The Thing (2011) - 7/10 - much better and more respectful than 80% of other horror movie remakes. i walked in expecting to totally hate it but it won me over by the end. There were some definite problems with it, but i think if you go into it with low expectations youll be pleasantly surprised.

In a way it's almost more of a mashup of both previous The Thing movies, it has a much more monster movie quality that the Carpenter version doesnt have, as well as a scientists Vs army men thing going on only found in the original as well.

edit: i guess i can't blame the reviewers for being so harsh on a modern classic remake, but just looking at rotten tomatoes right now it's a shame this movie is at 31% and a pile of dog shit like Paranormal Activity 3 is at 71%

melancholia - interesting/10

von trier the public figure is full of shit but his films are serious business, whether he realizes it or not...

Guest Xenblake

the woman - ridiculously stupid/10

How so? I haven't read the book and had zero expectations for it. It turned out to be one of the darkest and most disturbing films I've seen in a while.

It's a bit Lars Von Trier'ish actually. Just without the forced artyness and unnecessary close up vagina torture gore.

The Element of Crime (Lars Von Trier)

feel like I shouldn't talk about this since I know zero about film noir but w/e - I kept thinking Sin City Brick blah blah, I fell asleep before the end but I will try again - the boring detective story was a distraction from very entertaining visual work and jokes.

The Lost Boys - 3/10

I'm not sure what the hype around this movie was. Shitty editing, shitty music, and sub-par acting. Gave it 3 cause I'd say that last 30 minutes were entertaining.

Guest Coalbucket PI

Did my posts from last night get deleted because I was mentioning torrents? LOL.

You posted a link to a torrent.

I didn't

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

black swan

my sentiments exactly.

watched the extras last night. a little light. but the fx guy talked about how much trouble they had with the bird transformation and how at one point they wanted to give her a beak. just scrap the shot! the part before there where her eyes turn red is incredible then.... :facepalm:

Did my posts from last night get deleted because I was mentioning torrents? LOL.

You posted a link to a torrent.

I didn't

I think the board rolled back about 30 minutes yesterday. some posts were lost. no confirmation from moderators but i swear this thread had 10 replies that disappeared and only one mentioned a torrent. i reckon the db crashed and backed up from a 30min old backup. is my guess. or a moderator paniced and deleted an entire page

Guest Kangurmsc

Apart from some pretty bad horror movies (i watch a lot of them) i've seen Vicente Aranda's "Fanny Pelopaja" . Pretty original and interesting revenge movie, but very hard to get. worth a watch.

the woman - ridiculously stupid/10

How so? I haven't read the book and had zero expectations for it. It turned out to be one of the darkest and most disturbing films I've seen in a while.

It's a bit Lars Von Trier'ish actually. Just without the forced artyness and unnecessary close up vagina torture gore.

well, haven't read the book either, and i wasn't expecting to much from it, but for me it didn't started very good and just went downhill.

awkward acting, kind of nonsense interaction between the characters, not that good cinematography, and some specific scenes that really pissed me off per example when she's bathing full clothed with that rock song playing while he was stalking her, rolled eyes moments if you know what i mean, lots of them...

super 8

seems this film has gotten a lot of hate in this thread but i loved it, reminded me of 80's films like goonies / e.t / fright night etc, which i suppose was the point, but yeah. also it was nice to see young actors who actually looked like real kids and not mini versions of plastic hollywood people / bieber.

super 8

seems this film has gotten a lot of hate in this thread but i loved it, reminded me of 80's films like goonies / e.t / fright night etc, which i suppose was the point, but yeah. also it was nice to see young actors who actually looked like real kids and not mini versions of plastic hollywood people / bieber.

i think it missed the mark big-time in that regard, it felt forced and i didnt believe these kids were real characters.

Archived