IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

Has no one else watched The Adventures of Tintin yet?

no i wish, i hear it's like the actual good sequel to indiana jones compared to crystal skull

Edit: from the looks of the preview i can already tell PJ and Steve man handled Cameron's blue balls

edit2: slam2: it looks as if Avatar was merely WETA practicing for their big unveil, Tin Tin

It's a fucking gorgeous movie. I was really sceptical when I watched the first trailer because I thought Tintin looked creepy as hell. I thought his face looked like a pea with another small pea growing on the side of it (that would be his nose) but all my worries were laid to rest when I finally got a good look at him. Everything just looked marvelous!

fuuuuck I WANT TO SEE THIS SO BAD.

Seriously apart from anyone on watmm I'm the BIGGEST tintin fan i know. I remember ordering tintin in congo from some shady online store as a 12 yr old. I didn't read the french I just wanted to look at the racist pictures lol

it will be the only movie i will see in theaters in 2011.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest analogue wings

Ra.One 8/10 Not as good as Enthiran but still a great night out. Esp in 3D, with a theatre full of Indians and FUCKING LOUD

i watched Pickpocket, which is really good. the 4 point thing is good.. gonna use that, so, 4/4 for that

The Man Without a Past,,, 3/4 ... good stuff (actually fuck it, 4/4... i really like the bit where he's eating sushi on a train and puts his cigar the lawyer gave him behind the plate, noice), apparently it's part of a 'finland trilogy' that i'm watching backwards and there's years between each one, liked the other one too. next one is from the 90s and doesn't look that appealing.

Another Earth.jpg

6/10 ..i think, could've been a 7 with better actors (though the main character were great).

also, regarding the altered physics a "second earth" would cause, a lot of suspension of disbelief is required.

i dunno if i posted about watching melancholia.. watched the 2 parts on different days. i was really looking forward to watching the rest of it, so it's not shit. kirsten dunst/4 but also kiefer sutherland/4

Martha Marcy May Marlene - 9/10 - I will go ahead and put my review in a spoiler tag but know that my write up in no way ruins this fantastic film that everyone should seek out and experience. You will not know what to expect and should be surprised and extremely glad you went to see it.

This isn't a perfect film by any means. It just is one of those rare films that builds and builds, revealing a little bit more of what the bigger picture is with each scene. Feels very real. The character development is perfectly paced and just the right amount leaving you wanting more but also being able to fill in the blanks with your own imaginings. The lead actress Elizabeth Olsen is going to talked about in this film for a long time because she is genuine, beautiful and is like watching a person in a documentary live out a real experience being a member of a cult. I have heard rumours about the actor John Hawkes, that he is a bit of a prick, not sure about this. His role as the leader is expertly played and freaked me out something fierce, so either he is a prick in real life or one hell of an actor. I have enjoyed him in almost everything I seen him in, this being up there with his best roles.

Best film of the year thus far. Drive is a close second.

This spoiler reveals too much.

The film has a strangely abrupt ending that I have now thought about for a while and am okay with. Let the subplots flow. Let the film critics and fans keep the ideas within this film alive. This is what it was meant to do by ending the way it does.

lizzie_fallon.jpg

Boards of Canada came to mind immediately after watching this. Hopefully, by some universal serendipitous proxy, this film spawns a new record by them soon.

see, now if you are truly cool Dr Tampax, you will be able to tell what film this behind the scene pic is from;

BTSfrombeyondsm.jpg?1319927171

ehmmm... please put the answer in a spoiler. this is killing me.

see, now if you are truly cool Dr Tampax, you will be able to tell what film this behind the scene pic is from;

BTSfrombeyondsm.jpg?1319927171

ehmmm... please put the answer in a spoiler. this is killing me.

Guessing from the title of the jpg I would say H.P. Lovecraft's From Beyond

ahhh you guys are such negative nergas...Community is funny, with less bro'ing out than Workaholics, which I love as well

and yes it is from FROM BEYOND

best Lovecraft adaptation to date, but it is still not up to par with what has yet to be made, which is an accurate adaptation of one of his stories.

WHEN ELDER GODS WHEN?!?!?!?!?!

Guest futuregirlfriend

Is Community, Outsourced, The American Office, Parks and Recs any good?

no.

I see Delocated mentioned on the internet. Does that suck too? I trust your opinion on these things, dr lopez, as I've yet to see anyone else say they enjoyed Xavier.

Is Community, Outsourced, The American Office, Parks and Recs any good?

no.

I see Delocated mentioned on the internet. Does that suck too? I trust your opinion on these things, dr lopez, as I've yet to see anyone else say they enjoyed Xavier.

delocated is nothing like xavier, it's only produced by pffr it's not made by them.

I like it ok, but I haven't seen all the eps tbh.

We need an xavier thread. That show is fairly flawless.

Archived