IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are we comparing herzog to herzog? in which case my evaluation would remain the same. however, comparing cave of forgotten dreams to other director documentaries i might raise the rating to 9/10, 3D or not.

i'm not the big 3D flockheart, only if it is specific type of film viewed through the highest quality 3D devices. i'm curious now that we are talking about this ex-voto, i mean to say my curiosity has now been peaked.

i might well have the look at this through 3D if given the opportunity.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Les valseuses - 7/10

Kino just released this on BluRay, crap rip begone :w00t:

The film has been on my mind a fair bit since watching it so it deserves a higher rating from me.

Guest ex-voto

are we comparing herzog to herzog? in which case my evaluation would remain the same. however, comparing cave of forgotten dreams to other director documentaries i might raise the rating to 9/10, 3D or not.

i'm not the big 3D flockheart, only if it is specific type of film viewed through the highest quality 3D devices. i'm curious now that we are talking about this ex-voto, i mean to say my curiosity has now been peaked.

I was thinking of watching it on my pc screen, but then I thought that it might be even a greater experience to see it on a big screen in 3D. It was shown here in A'dam at the International Documentary Festival, but unfortunately I did not have the chance to see it then... I hope they will show it anytime soon. In the meanwhile I might just see it regularly. Looks very good.

The last documentary I saw by Herzog was The White Diamond and I realized there what the quality of Herzog is, or at least one big quality of his is. I noticed during the documentary that when there wasn't anything to really document about relating the "White Diamond" he would find something in his surroundings to tell. He always keeps being interested, even if it is about the tiniest details. His passionate way of talking kept me hooked during the documentary. He is an incited man. Very inspiring.

martha-marcy-may-marlene-international-poster_400x592.jpg

7.5 or 8/10

(spoiler about the ending)

but the ending didn't sit right with me, which is weird because im usually ok with cut to black endings. when sopranos did it i thought it was a stroke of genius. it's becoming somewhat of a cliché though and in this case i felt a bit cheated.

7.5 or 8/10

but the ending didn't sit right with me, which is weird because im usually ok with cut to black endings. when sopranos did it i thought it was a stroke of genius. it's becoming somewhat of a cliché though and in this case i felt a bit cheated.

me too, maybe it's just a way of saying that her paranoia will never stop... cause it ended in a bit of a tension right???

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

watching cave of forgotten dreams NOT IN 3D seems silly. get thee to a cinema

The Artist 9/10

Loved it. Had high expectations too.

The Game 8/10

Rewatchability is limited on this a little. whilst I enjoyed it I couldnt help thinking about the end the entire time.

Guest Deep Fried Everything

has anyone seen the marilyn flick with michelle williams yet? i'm tempted to go just so i get to watch her for 2 hours :wub:

martha-marcy-may-marlene-international-poster_400x592.jpg

7.5 or 8/10

There was a post earlier about this, imo, beautiful film,. About the ending being abrupt in a WORKPRINT version. The theatrical version ends the same but there are some differences between the WORKPRINT and the released version. Not many though.

Data, I don't think the ending is cliché. Just a statement on her paranoia and how it was more her reality than we thought before. The car she keyed and broke the window of might not have been real. The man on the shore might have been a hallucination. The bartender at the party was most likely not a member of her cult family. The rocks being thrown at her window were not real. The end was an extension of all of these hallucinations due to her fragile mental state.

Guest viscosity

Snowtown.. some intense brooding sinister vibes with this one. wish the accents weren't so thick, had a hard time understanding some dialogue.

Dead Man Shoes. what's with warp and psychopathic killer movies/docs. there's some real psychological mindfuck torture going on near the end.

I was thinking of watching it on my pc screen, but then I thought that it might be even a greater experience to see it on a big screen in 3D. It was shown here in A'dam at the International Documentary Festival, but unfortunately I did not have the chance to see it then... I hope they will show it anytime soon. In the meanwhile I might just see it regularly. Looks very good.

The last documentary I saw by Herzog was The White Diamond and I realized there what the quality of Herzog is, or at least one big quality of his is. I noticed during the documentary that when there wasn't anything to really document about relating the "White Diamond" he would find something in his surroundings to tell. He always keeps being interested, even if it is about the tiniest details. His passionate way of talking kept me hooked during the documentary. He is an incited man. Very inspiring.

you are right, i like what you have said. i'm sure herzog could documentary about booger sizes or various types of pocket lint and i would be thrilled. his musics, his voice, the spaces he leaves in between. i love him

in bruges - wow . who knew colin farrel could be likable? well scripted, acted, shot. a gangster film turned on it's head and looked at in an almost withnail and i way. even "rafe" fines or whatever is fucking name is was ok. plus - bruges is beautiful to look at. a strong eight out of ten

in bruges - wow . who knew colin farrel could be likable? well scripted, acted, shot. a gangster film turned on it's head and looked at in an almost withnail and i way. even "rafe" fines or whatever is fucking name is was ok. plus - bruges is beautiful to look at. a strong eight out of ten

lol? you alright man?

lol? you alright man?

i'm not sure

Battle LA - ok/10 ... i got the feeling that this had some character dialogue that was written for a classic 80's tough guy actor. It's a shame that they didn't hire or create, the modern equivalent, it really would have levelled up this film. Also, the camera work was a bit shit.

Gaston Rebuffat's Entre Ciel et Terre

Aiguille-de-Roc-3-e1273507156113.jpg

P1000626.jpg

tumblr_lv97mhflkn1qb8vpuo1_500.png

Oh so you didn't really go climbing(wot r u doin' thread), you just watched this fucking movie. damnit, and there i was hero worshipping your coolness. hehe.

hah! i did both--IN THE SAME DAY!

liek ah bawss

edit: it sure wasn't as alpine and romantically french as the movie tho :D

Archived